Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It’s the entire MLP FIM series, but every time Pinkie Pie jumps, it gets 2x faster...

Deleted User

If this video were to be created, how long (or short?) do you think it would be? How many times does Pinkie Pie jump over the course of the series? Should all of the cloned Pinkies in “Too Many Pinkie Pies” count? I’d like to hear what everypony thinks about this; this is just a random thought I had earlier this morning.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm.. It would not take a lot of jumps to shorten the length of the series to a few seconds, however, Pinkie does not appear immediately in the first episode. The show has 222 episodes, 22 minutes each normally it would run for 4884 minutes. I will not count the intros (where she jumps 4 times) for jumps or flashbacks/recaps, but will count them for length.

First jump at 7:13 (when she meets Twilight for the first time) - 2x
Two jumps at 16:46 (or rather 11:59) - 8x
Six jumps at 19:55 (or rather 12:23) - 512x
Four jumps at 2:40 of episode 2 (or rather a few seconds after the last) - 8192x

Now even if she did not jump anymore, the rest of the show would finish in about 30 seconds. So, I'd say in total it would be a bit less than 13 minutes.

On the other hand, if I counted the intros and flashbacks/recaps it would make the result much shorter

Four jumps at intro, 1:52 - 16x
One jump at 7:13 (2:12 ) - 32x
Two jumps at 16:46 ( 2:29) - 128x
Six jumps at 19:55 ( 2:30) - 8192x
One jump at 0:22 of episode 2 - 16384x
Four jumps at 0:49 of episode 2 - 262144x

And now the rest of the series would finish in about a second even if Pinkie didn't jump anymore, so in this case the length of the entire series would be about 2:32.

• Brohoof 5

Wow, I guess I didn’t realize that she jumped that many times so early on! I guess I probably should’ve considered a smaller increase in speed per jump in order to make the hypothetical video a bit more interesting than a two-minute-and-thiry-two-second blur :yay: (in the case where the intros/flashbacks were counted)! Maybe only a 10% increase would have worked better... or perhaps now maybe the question should be “What increase in video speed per Pinkie Pie jump would be needed in order to make the entire series last the length of the average single episode?”:dash:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, DaMostMagical said:

Wow, I guess I didn’t realize that she jumped that many times so early on!

That's what you get when you are dealing with exponents.

4 minutes ago, DaMostMagical said:

Maybe only a 10% increase would have worked better...

With 10% it would take more jumps before shortening the rest of the series to 1 second.
10 jumps: 2.6x
50 jumps: 117x
80 jumps: 2048x
100 jumps: 13780x
110 jumps: 35743x
120 jumos: 92709x

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

Now even if she did not jump anymore, the rest of the show would finish in about 30 seconds

:ButtercupLaugh: ROFLMAO

That's math for you. Absolutely fantastic Professor @Pentium100 :squee:

• Brohoof 1

It would get fast pretty quickly to the point where it all moves in a blur. I'd say you could watch the entire series in this manner in about ten minutes.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

Hmm.. It would not take a lot of jumps to shorten the length of the series to a few seconds, however, Pinkie does not appear immediately in the first episode. The show has 222 episodes, 22 minutes each normally it would run for 4884 minutes. I will not count the intros (where she jumps 4 times) for jumps or flashbacks/recaps, but will count them for length.

First jump at 7:13 (when she meets Twilight for the first time) - 2x
Two jumps at 16:46 (or rather 11:59) - 8x
Six jumps at 19:55 (or rather 12:23) - 512x
Four jumps at 2:40 of episode 2 (or rather a few seconds after the last) - 8192x

Now even if she did not jump anymore, the rest of the show would finish in about 30 seconds. So, I'd say in total it would be a bit less than 13 minutes.

On the other hand, if I counted the intros and flashbacks/recaps it would make the result much shorter

Four jumps at intro, 1:52 - 16x
One jump at 7:13 (2:12 ) - 32x
Two jumps at 16:46 ( 2:29) - 128x
Six jumps at 19:55 ( 2:30) - 8192x
One jump at 0:22 of episode 2 - 16384x
Four jumps at 0:49 of episode 2 - 262144x

And now the rest of the series would finish in about a second even if Pinkie didn't jump anymore, so in this case the length of the entire series would be about 2:32.

Wow the accuracy of this is amazing ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...