Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the best year to be a brony?

Cyandashie

I'd probably between 2012 to 2013, as that was definitely when the show and community were the most popular. 

• Brohoof 1

The 2012-2014 years were the best time. So much great content was made, and so many things to bring fans together

I’m gonna go with 2014 as that was the year I became a hardcore fan and officially joined the fandom, and started referring to myself as a “pegasister”. So much nostalgia comes to mind when I think of that year and I dunno, it just seemed like things back then were...better. Fandom-wise I suppose. 

5 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I’m gonna go with 2014 as that was the year I became a hardcore fan and officially joined the fandom

What episode did you watch to become a hardcore fan in 2014? (obviously the first episode, but it not...?). And how much did you like Rainbow Dash at that time? :squee: (Must be off the scale)

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

What episode did you watch to become a hardcore fan in 2014? (obviously the first episode, but it not...?). And how much did you like Rainbow Dash at that time? :squee: (Must be off the scale)

I had already already been watching pony on and off before 2014 but when season 4 first began airing I decided to record the episodes as they premiered...first one was Castle Mane-ia if I remember right. I was instantly hooked and started searching pony stuff on the internet, and that’s when I first heard of “bronies”. The rest is history. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I had already already been watching pony on and off before 2014 but when season 4 first began airing I decided to record the episodes as they premiered...first one was Castle Mane-ia if I remember right. I was instantly hooked and started searching pony stuff on the internet, and that’s when I first heard of “bronies”. The rest is history. :BrightMacContent:

There is something special about that first time! :kirin:

I can tell, my first episode was "Feeling Pinkie Keen" as a random Youtube video, and it was not an episode I liked. I refused to watch G4 for at least another year. I kept seeing the Internet changing every picture into Rainbow Dash, and I couldn't understand why!?

• 2 months later...

I say 2011-2013 because those were the years when bronies were the biggest thing in pop culture. I remember Castle Mane-ia episode was leaked on Friday before it was aired on Saturday. Back then, there was a lot of content made. I think the brony thing started to decline in the mid 2010's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...