Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Does anyone here watch breaking bad???

HeavenSunset

1 minute ago, HeavenSunset said:

@Sepul-Coloratura it's going to consume all your time, seasons 1 and 2 are really just introducing characters wait until  3, 4 and 5 and then it gets really good

Yeah, I heard it from other people. It's just you know it's gonna be good, but still hard to start it.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, HeavenSunset said:

@Lucky Bolt is that a good show, I kinda want to watch it

It's VERY good! I will say the earlier seasons (1 through 5) were the best. The early episodes with Negan were fire too. 

• Brohoof 2

I have never seen the show but my sister & mother watched it all the way through and they loved it.

I have seen the entire show and honestly it's close to perfect aside from one gripe. I find a good few of the characters outside of the drug circle to be a bit self-righteous the way they were written. It's most obvious with Skyler and Marie, but there are other examples... Hank... I've also seen the first couple of seasons of Better Call Saul, and if I'm being honest it seems even better than Breaking Bad. Saul was probably number 3 character-wise for me (below Mike and Jesse) in the original Breaking Bad, but with this in consideration it makes him an even better character, because he's further developed on, though Mike is too to be fair.

Oh and I also saw El Camino. Good movie for sure, but doesn't beat the series even if it does an amazing job of wrapping up Jesse's arc.

Edited by Dustlicious

I finished watching the whole show last year. It really did live up to the hype. Fantastic writing and character development. Now one of my top 3 favorite shows. Still need to finish Better Call Saul though. El Camino was also a really good epilogue.

I watched it awhile back and to be honest it was harder to get into than some of the other shows I have watched. The first season is a bit slow, but it does get better. 

On 4/17/2020 at 3:39 AM, HeavenSunset said:

El Camino kinda felt like it wasn't going anywhere and we weren't waiting for an ending

I haven't seen that one yet.

For the main show, I think it was really good because it had a clear ending.... Well, you know it would end eventually, and was heading in some direction. The only sad part is, when it ended, it also ended the beloved characters with it.
I feel the same way about any show that has a continuity, those are the ones that get really good but you know they will end. It's sad. Good but sad.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fully watched it some years ago... :ButtercupLaugh: It's really not my type of content, I didn't like any of the characters and it was very, veeery slow. I'm surprised myself that I watched the whole thing. But the characters often were so stupid and awkward, it was kinda fascinating in a super weird way. The decisions they make and the way they are, it's the complete opposite of me. Not even 1% of the show was relatable. But I had to continue, I had to know what will happen next. :ButtercupLaugh:

The reason I watched it to begin with was a very weird animation I saw on YouTube. I had to know if that really happens in the actual show.