Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Best episodes of Garfield and Friends (1988-1994)

BrawnyCharger

I recently started watching some old kids shows from when I was younger. One of them is Garfield and Friends. I remember being a Garfield fan when I was younger. I read the comic strip books, my parents recorded the prime time specials, and of course I remember the Garfield and Friends Saturday morning cartoon that ran from 1988 to 1994. I remember a number of the episodes very well, though some more than others, but I just recently got the DVD's for the show. So now I would like to ask what everyone thinks are the greatest Garfield and Friends episodes. I'm referring to individual segments as they did 3 segments per episode. These can include both the Garfield and US Acres segments. So. which episodes do you think are the best?

• Brohoof 1

I watched a number of episodes from the show a couple of months ago--I watched the series back in the day--and one that I remember fondly is 'Rainy Day Robot' where Roy buys a robot that can make rain. Instead of doing this, it makes other things such as an overgrown vacuum cleaner, a tree, and twenty-seven pianos just to name a few. There are also two episodes from season seven that feature the Feline Philosopher which I like because of the motivational speeches he provides.

There are actually quite a few episodes that I can recall from when I was around 4 to 6 years old. There were also quite a few episodes I remember from the Nickelodeon re-airings. One of them was the time Garfield wished all the Mondays disappeared and it comes true. There was another in which Garfield has a nightmare about Jon getting married and being tortured by his children. I also remember one where Garfield has to contend with an intelligent boy who subjects his robot to him and Odie. Among my favorites was the one where both Jon and Garfield tell their own biased side of how their house got filled with yogurt. The one where Garfield and Odie are stranded in the desert and see mirages is also funny.

Anypony remember the Buddy Bears? I remember fans hating them for replacing Binky on the show, as well as their always agreeing, anti individualism rhetoric. Though I think that was the intention on the creators part. I can imagine Starlight Glimmer having something to say about the Buddy Bears.

I've seen a bunch of these because my mom and dad had watched it back in the day and got the DVDs maybe 10 years ago.

I love the episode where Garfield has to face Nermal in a cat show, as well as the one where he won't stop buying crap from infomercials. I love the Tapioca Pudding Day episode in which Roy makes up a fake holiday and everyone goes along with it. There's another one in which Orson and Booker try to make Sheldon finally hatch from his egg. My favorite episode is the one where Garfield tells you that there are zero mistakes in the show and proceeds to show you an episode filled with all sorts of animation errors, inconsistencies, dialogue flubs, and weird stuff in general.

I like the banana-nose episode and song. :wacko:

3 hours ago, Prospekt said:

There's another one in which Orson and Booker try to make Sheldon finally hatch from his egg

Yes, that one is great! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Quite a few episodes had memorable songs, The one I remember the most is "There's a Mouse in the House" in which Jon sings about getting Garfield to chase a mouse, and Garfield countering about wanting to sleep instead.

US Acres episodes seemed to have a song in every episode.