Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Can anyone draw armor?

Samurai Equine

Taking a shot in the dark here, but...

Is there anyone that is comfortable with drawing armor?
I have an OC that wears armor, and I'd really like more art of him.

I'm accepting literally ANYTHING.
Pixel art, B&W sketches, flat color, full color and shading, avatar-sized images, full-body images, head/bust only, etc.

I realize armor is a complex thing that usually scares and intimidates people. Often, the only option is commissioning an artist who is skilled in that field.
If that's the only option, that's fine. I don't expect to get any replies to this, I just thought I'd ask and see if it was possible that someone might be willing to make art of my OC. I have ref images, if you're interested.

Otherwise, thank you for reading this, and I hope you have a wonderful day. :rarity:

• Brohoof 3

If you give some references to what you would like.

Armor is a little bit like coming up with costumes, it is quite challenging, especially if the technical stuff needs to be correct. It is is just supposed to look armor-ish, I might be able to fake up something. :huh:

I know that you are very accurate and technical, so I might be scared of doing it!

• Brohoof 1

Thank you for replying! :fluttershy:

It's samurai armor. And while I am fine with some creative liberties, I would like to be relatively close to the design I came up with.

Here's the reference images:

A3qtdgZ.png

Individual, high-res versions of each image is available on my Twitter.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 said:

@Atomisk THAT'S SO EPIC!!! :mlp_yeehaa: Thank you so much! It's perfect, and it means to much to me. I am beyond grateful!

ezgif-1-e5dcbeb7b179.gif

So glad I was able to bring you so much joy this evening (or day depending on where you live)! :squee:

3 minutes ago, Atomisk said:

So glad I was able to bring you so much joy this evening (or day depending on where you live)! :squee:

Joy? @Atomisk, you just made this the best day ever for me! :laugh: I'm all hyped up right now!
Thank you for being so epic. I'm not worthy, but I appreciate it in every way.

If you still want my version of the armor I can try to draw something. I don’t know when I’ll get it done, I think I’ll just wait until school is out in a couple of weeks if that’s ok.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

If you still want my version of the armor I can try to draw something. I don’t know when I’ll get it done, I think I’ll just wait until school is out in a couple of weeks if that’s ok.

Anytime you want to make it, I would DEEPLY appreciate it! But no rush. An also, if it's too hard, you don't have to do it. You can abandon that and move on to something else. I'm just happy you are thinking about me. :BrightMacContent:

1 minute ago, Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 said:

Anytime you want to make it, I would DEEPLY appreciate it! But no rush. An also, if it's too hard, you don't have to do it. You can abandon that and move on to something else. I'm just happy you are thinking about me. :BrightMacContent:

Sounds great!

Difficulty is not something that bothers me, I’ve just been really busy. I also have a lot of projects for people I gotta balance 🤪

13 hours ago, Atomisk said:

Hey! I took a crack at this, hope you don’t mined. Armor is not exact but it was referenced while drawing :grin:

25D5C389-E1CB-45F6-8420-5C1225FD79E5.jpeg

....... wow :wau:

(I don't want to sound like a broken record but) You are good at this! :o

• Brohoof 2