Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Private Pilot's License (Have?/Want?/Getting?)

Cirrus.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:45 PM, Cirrus. said:

I also have NO interest in a mickey-mouse thing like a paraglider. The same reason why I got a Camaro over a motorcycle.

Are you allowed to drive a paraglider without a license?

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:
21 minutes ago, Cirrus. said:

I think you need a lesser sport license.

The sky is really large, why not just let me take off for free?

A true single seat ultralight requires no license to fly (assuming it meets the requirements of Part 103 for an ultralight aircraft). Any two seat "ultralight" or Light Sport type aircraft requires a Sport Pilot Certificate or higher to fly.

Yup, it is free to fly, but there are limits to where you can fly them and other restrictions. You don't need a license for a single seater, but need to learn the restrictions.

Flying around airports is NOT ALLOWED. Keep that Micky Mouse stuff away!:laugh: (You would probably get sucked into a jet engine anyway):confused:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Cirrus. said:

A true single seat ultralight requires no license to fly (assuming it meets the requirements of Part 103 for an ultralight aircraft). Any two seat "ultralight" or Light Sport type aircraft requires a Sport Pilot Certificate or higher to fly.

Yup, it is free to fly, but there are limits to where you can fly them and other restrictions. You don't need a license for a single seater, but need to learn the restrictions.

Flying around airports is NOT ALLOWED. Keep that Micky Mouse stuff away!:laugh: (You would probably get sucked into a jet engine anyway):confused:

I was looking into that not long ago. It seems like fun in the sense that you're using much less metal and thus more maneuverable and free-breezing through the air.

8 minutes ago, WWolf said:

I was looking into that not long ago. It seems like fun in the sense that you're using much less metal and thus more maneuverable and free-breezing through the air.

Ultralights scare me, tbh.  Just like motorcycles, you won’t ever see me riding one. 

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

Ultralights scare me, tbh.  Just like motorcycles, you won’t ever see me riding one. 

Guess that makes them the motorcycles of the sky :P .

I dont have much of a dream to fly anything in the sky but i am taking courses right now for my job to get a version of a commercial pilots license to fly drones for jobs. Here if you use a drone to make money for a business then you have to have a license.