Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc My Hero Academia RP: VILLAINS! (REOPEN) OOC

TBD

@Canteen_the_unstable you’re free to go on ahead and post, since jedisay hasn’t made his yet. Or do you want me to post first to lead the meeting? 

@Goat-kun a little question due to some confusion. Not sure if the lady you mentioned is someone gatekeeper hired to do the speaking for him to avoid showing himself  or is she just a disguised hologram altering himself to hide his identity.

24 minutes ago, TBD said:

a little question due to some confusion. Not sure if the lady you mentioned is someone gatekeeper hired to do the speaking for him to avoid showing himself  or is she just a disguised hologram altering himself to hide his identity.

It's just a wig. Robin is a trap and a chameleon who, unlike most heroes and villains, values the power of anonymity. His quirk allows him to carry around a wardrobe so large it would make Rarity's head explode, so don't be surprised if he has a different appearance next time you see him.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

It's just a wig. Robin is a trap and a chameleon who, unlike most heroes and villains, values the power of anonymity. His quirk allows him to carry around a wardrobe so large it would make Rarity's head explode, so don't be surprised if he has a different appearance next time you see him.

So the Bugs Bunny Hammerspace 

Ggxpy.jpg

1 hour ago, Buck Testa said:

So the Bugs Bunny Hammerspace 

Ggxpy.jpg

Something like that. I'll just add this cause it's closer to what he actually does:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

@TBD

Yes go ahead tbd and then I'll go after you.

Okay then, I'm a little bit busy atm so sometime tonight I will make a post. But if you're already have  in mind what to post , feel free to go on ahead and post. I think it doesn't matter. 

@TBD There's something strange with Ivor's drop down in the First post, there's a LOT of empty space before you actually see Ivor's character sheet. 

Also I don't know if anyone's pointed this out yet, but 

On 4/18/2020 at 11:25 AM, TBD said:

A belief description of their appearances:

A belief description of their background:

I think you meant a brief description, not a belief description. I suspect auto correct is playing with ya. It is a scoundrel like that sometimes lol. 

• Brohoof 1

OC connected with Contingency 

Name: Maybelline Cadoc (Daughter of Ivor Cadoc) 
Hero Name: Angel Hair 

Appearance:

836147ae56f0aeb6cda43af391eaa617.jpg

Quirk Name: Indomitable Follicle: 
Maybelline has prehensile hair with tensile strength and thickness comparable to Graphene, which is a 2 dimensional hexagonal lattice of Carbon. Like Graphene, Her hair is twice as capable of blocking gunfire as Kevlar, and ten times more capable than Steel. The more of her hair she employs, the more powerful the defensive capabilities. Her hair has a tensile strength of 130 billion pascals, which allows for levels of strength few have access to. The downside is her Body does not have these capabilities, so she cannot fully employ her strength the way someone with traditional super strength could. She trains quite hard to narrow this gap as best as she can. Due to how thin a single strand of her hair is, she is capable of performing slashing attacks as well as bludgeoning. Maybelline has also inherited some of her fathers healing ability, though only in regards to her hair. If strands should be cut or damaged, she can heal them relatively quickly. Like her father however, this healing process is dampened under UV radiation. Another downside to her power is her hair is extremely conductive to electricity. She has to employ specialized hair care products to dampen this effect. If caught without those safeguards, or somehow stripped of them, she can be quickly overwhelmed with electrical attacks. Sticking around in a fight too long can dry out her hair and leave her very vulnerable to this type of attack, which is why she prefers to end things quickly and precisely. 

Background
Maybelline has recently graduated from the Hero Academy and is trying to make it in the world. She is seen as rather promising and has high expectations placed on her thanks to her Father. She thinks her old man is pretty lame as most teenagers do, but she won't shy away from asking him for advice. She knows her father has been feeling troubled lately with the recent reemergence of his old friend Dr. Prosthesis, and she has been warned in no uncertain terms to never approach The Doctor under any circumstances. Whether or not she will follow this advice remains to be seen. 

Power: 6 (3)/5 (under ideal circumstances against Ideal opponents, her power can rival some of the greats. However if the deck gets stacked against her and someone knows how to exploit her weaknesses, She can quickly find herself on the back foot. Her power thrives in short sprints of combat where she quickly overwhelms her opponent. Dragged out confrontations will diminish her capabilities) 

Speed: 5 (3) (If we're speaking of just her hair, she'd easily make a 5, however her body is merely well trained like any other graduate of the Hero Academy. She also doesn't have the staying power or raw speed of her dad running just on foot) 

Intelligence: 3/5 (She was an average student academically speaking) 

Technique: 3.8/5 (With a few more years under her belt, she'll really start to shine in her abilities. She's come a long way from when she started, that is for sure.)

Cooperation: 4/5 

On 5/3/2020 at 4:33 PM, Buck Testa said:

@TBD There's something strange with Ivor's drop down in the First post, there's a LOT of empty space before you actually see Ivor's character sheet. 

Also I don't know if anyone's pointed this out yet, but 

I think you meant a brief description, not a belief description. I suspect auto correct is playing with ya. It is a scoundrel like that sometimes lol. 

oh shoot! Thanks for pointing that out, funny that I didn't catch that. But yeah I was typing this on my phone xp

1 hour ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

Hey @TBD-66

I'll post after you o3o no rush didn't know if I told ya

Okay sound good then! I going to see if I can post it by tomorrow :) Things has been busy lately with the all moving and such.

6 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

You know it would be so awkward if Draco fought the villains of his own agency.

Beezlebub to Draco: "Then you're fired!" 

but shh, we're not villains. We're just good people doing what is good for the society. >_>

@Canteen_the_unstable

@Drago Ryder

@dragon4111

@Buck Testa

@TBD

This is probably a good time to establish some basic combat rules. I don't know if there were any good ways to do that without numbers and dice. May I be so bold and set in stone the rule that no non-DM players can assign hits or status to OCs that they do not own. Those should be assigned within the OOC section and resolved within RP via edit. For instance:

RP

Player 1: My Cool Dude throws a right hook at Slightly Less Cool Dude.

Player 2: My Slightly Less Cool Dude attempts to evade Cool Dude's right hook.

OOC

Player 1: Bruh!

Player 2: Your Cool Dude is all muscle and no agility. My Slightly Less Cool Dude is calm, collected, and your Dude is the kind of dude who projects their punches. My dude can evade this punch easily.

DM: Player 2 is right. Your dude is very theatrical and not really that fast, and his dude was ready.

Player 2: Bruh.

RP

Player 2 edits post: My Slightly Less Cool Dude evades Cool Dude's right hook. He saw it from a mile away.

It will cause way less cheese and grief than what MHA New Heroes RP has at the moment, especially if we're ever going to clash with them. I suggest we perfect the combat (debate) system before that. If anyone else has a better suggestion then out with it.

And what's the deal with this proliferation of related OCs? To what extent are they playable?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Goat-kun

In regards to the related ocs, I honestly have no idea. Nanami knows my hero oc, but he’s already been established in the parent rp thread. At worst, I’d assume the others are NPCs that can be used at the creators discretion. Either that, or they’re just being created for world building purposes. 

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

@Canteen_the_unstable

@Drago Ryder

@dragon4111

@Buck Testa

@TBD

This is probably a good time to establish some basic combat rules. I don't know if there were any good ways to do that without numbers and dice. May I be so bold and set in stone the rule that no non-DM players can assign hits or status to OCs that they do not own. Those should be assigned within the OOC section and resolved within RP via edit. For instance:

RP

Player 1: My Cool Dude throws a right hook at Slightly Less Cool Dude.

Player 2: My Slightly Less Cool Dude attempts to evade Cool Dude's right hook.

OOC

Player 1: Bruh!

Player 2: Your Cool Dude is all muscle and no agility. My Slightly Less Cool Dude is calm, collected, and your Dude is the kind of dude who projects their punches. My dude can evade this punch easily.

DM: Player 2 is right. Your dude is very theatrical and not really that fast, and his dude was ready.

Player 2: Bruh.

RP

Player 2 edits post: My Slightly Less Cool Dude evades Cool Dude's right hook. He saw it from a mile away.

It will cause way less cheese and grief than what MHA New Heroes RP has at the moment, especially if we're ever going to clash with them. I suggest we perfect the combat (debate) system before that. If anyone else has a better suggestion then out with it.

And what's the deal with this proliferation of related OCs? To what extent are they playable?

Generally what I like to do is the Pro Wrestler approach. 

We know how the fight is going to end, then we perform it out in the ring. 

Basically, We talk out who would win or lose in the OOC, then we perform the fight in the rp. That way we aren't derailing the campaign with arguments and such. 

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

@Goat-kun

In regards to the related ocs, I honestly have no idea. Nanami knows my hero oc, but he’s already been established in the parent rp thread. At worst, I’d assume the others are NPCs that can be used at the creators discretion. Either that, or they’re just being created for world building purposes. 

I suppose that can't be helped. You'll just have to juggle.

12 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Generally what I like to do is the Pro Wrestler approach. 

We know how the fight is going to end, then we perform it out in the ring. 

Basically, We talk out who would win or lose in the OOC, then we perform the fight in the rp. That way we aren't derailing the campaign with arguments and such. 

K. We'll see how it goes.

2 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

I suppose that can't be helped. You'll just have to juggle.

K. We'll see how it goes.

As long as everyone behaves like an adult and isn't so enamored with WINNING the fight we should be fine. This isn't a competition, we're telling a story. If it makes sense in the narrative for someone to win, then we should do that. We can hash out the details in the OOC to make sure everyone is on the same page. 

Where things get messy is when people throw hissy fits about "MY CHARACTER IS BETTER THAN YOUR CHARACTER" and nobody wants to see that juvenile nonsense. Talk it out, express your characters strengths and weaknesses, what the environment of the fight is, and what would make for a good story, and then we do that.   

17 minutes ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

Indeed just decide the winner and make the fight interesting. Maybe I want krizalid to lose a fight because no one outside the meeting room knows he has powers. His family mysteriously died <.<

Mysteriously died? Might as well write it on a billboard :P Repeat after me: dad had a stroke, mom had breast cancer. Nobody will look twice ;)

6 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

5 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

@Goat-kun

While I'm allowing members to use one or more OCs due to them sharing the relationship with their main OC, the purpose of that is based on the member personal interests. Whenever and however they wish to use them, is not concerning. Just as long as I said before it's not off the story guild.  As long it's relevant to the story. As I told @Buck Testa about Ivor who knows Doc. P and  who's also a hero, they can use him when or if there's a clash between our characters and Ivor. or however the story will go.  NPC will be okay just like new reporters or background people to be used to be killed off for the purpose of the story. something simple. 

As regrading to combat RP, I'm with @Buck Testa. An advancing planning on the fate of our character will be a suffice way go about without the hassle or causing issues with other members. While I understand we shouldn't be too scripted and that also takes away the element of surprise, which I think it's fine, since I'm down for element of surprise!  we just have to be sure to we can balance the two.  

I hope I had cover all your concerns and questions

4 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Mysteriously died? Might as well write it on a billboard :P Repeat after me: dad had a stroke, mom had breast cancer. Nobody will look twice ;)

such tragedy xp

• Brohoof 1