Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc My Hero Academia RP: VILLAINS! (REOPEN) OOC

TBD

I'm kinda bored, so I think I may give a bit of an idea of HOW Contingency is in a fight. 

I'm drawing from a few sources for Contingency. 

One is from his Quirk itself. His is a purely Mental Quirk that enhances his intelligence, comprehension, clarity of thought, Information processing, risk calculation and Problem solving to super human levels while he is pondering ways of preserving, protecting, and/or prolonging life (be it his own, or on a broader scale). In order for him to employ his quirk and use those exponential levels of mental power, he has to figure out how what he is working on relates to that topic. If there is no way to connect it to his area of expertise, he cannot use his quirk on it. If he can find a firm connection, he becomes exponentially more capable at whatever task he puts his mind to. Everything from his robotic body to all of the facets and modules inside of it relates to this overarching theme. With that in mind, it is safe to assume that his defensive and evasive capabilities are FAR higher than his offensive capabilities. If it is in the pursuit of protecting himself and enabling him to defend himself in a fight, even if it's just long enough to escape, he'll be especially capable of doing it. 

This also means he is NOT above running away from a fight. He prefers conflicts where he can control the variables, and if there is too many things going on he will retreat and regroup.  

This Quirk along with his Robotic body give him enhanced reflexes in combat comparable to something like Spider-Man with his spider sense. However, UNLIKE spiderman, it is not something that is always on. He has to actively keep his quirk on to be able to calculate how to dodge and evade attacks, and calculate the best route to attack. He also has a style of fighting that you could compare with drunken boxing or Voldo from Soul Calibur. While it looks like his body is gangly and uncoordinated, that is merely a ruse to psyche the opponent out. 

He is also heavily inspired from horror tropes. He will crawl about in unnatural ways, He'll scurry inside of vents crawlspaces, he'll contort in disturbing positions. Cutting the lights, removing your ability to call for help, anything and everything he can do to terrify and alarm his opponent will be employed. It's something he's quite capable of, cause he has figured out that scaring people raises his chance of survival, thus engaging his quirk. 

Third and finally, he is a very mobile character. Despite how lumbering and strange he appears in his white robotic form, he has the capability of moving about at quite fast speeds, especially in open areas. He does this by employing friction manipulating and shock absorbing technology that would be revolutionary if he ever released it to the public. 

With it he can move something like this, from an Old long forgotten game called Kinetica for the Playstation 2 

@Buck Testa That’s actually a lot of good informations to know beforehand! That will gives all us  some ideas about his combats and his style. I probably will write out the same for Beezlebub too just so you guys can have some ideas about his combats and styles. Sorta like a “gameplay”. If anyone would like to jump in to do the same, that would useful for everyone! @Drago Ryder @Canteen_the_unstable @Goat-kun @dragon4111

(edited)

Damn I am almost half tempted to change my quirk.

Crystal devil quirk

Quirk: can grow a prehensile tail, claws, scales and other things like a dragon anthro can. But dependant on gems he invests his body differs if he gets a lot of say diamond and other hard gems his scales and other things will be stronger. Other gems let's him grow his "scales" as quills that can be thrown like darts.

@TBD

@Drago Ryder

@dragon4111

@Goat-kun

@Buck Testa

What do think or keep the vampiric drain

Keep everything else just change the quirk let me know Imma post later today

Edited by Canteen_the_unstable

3 hours ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

Crystal devil quirk

Quirk: can grow a prehensile tail, claws, scales and other things like a dragon anthro can. But dependant on gems he invests his body differs if he gets a lot of say diamond and other hard gems his scales and other things will be stronger. Other gems let's him grow his "scales" as quills that can be thrown like darts.

@TBD

@Drago Ryder

@dragon4111

@Goat-kun

@Buck Testa

I'd say keep the vampire quirk and have the Crystal Devil one be a second character that's had a history with your main character. That quirk reads like a Cat Burglar/Gem Heist villain in the making. 

Ivor and Zero would be a fun matchup, cause they both have a need to avoid UV radiation to get the most out of their quirk. 

5 hours ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

Crystal devil quirk

@TBD

@Drago Ryder

@dragon4111

@Goat-kun

@Buck Testa

I'm with @Buck Testa. It would make Krizalid a whole different person if we'd change his quirk. You can have another OC someone he knows have that quirk. Also I saw your previous post about not wanting to reveal Kriz's quirk yet in the rp? if that's the case, you do not have to share it.  Do whatever you wish. :) 

15 hours ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

@TBD
I will post tomorrow got pretty distracted today but have idea what I want to do

and don't worry about it, you got plenty of times!

2 minutes ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

alright fair. But would it be too much to ask that part of the vampire quirk is how you know Vampires are seen able to walk upside down on the ceiling and flash step

I'd say you wouldn't really NEED to update your quirk any. Enhanced strength and Speed would allow you to do similar things with practice. For example you'd be far more capable of climbing things like walls and such with that because you wouldn't be struggling with your grip nearly as much. Basically you could have your character do that Parkour thing that was popular in the early 2010s. 

Your quirk is fine the way it is, It's how you think about employing it that is going to make it cool. You don't need to fall into the DC universe trap of just piling on powers till they're just bloated. Focus on the ones you do have and figure out HOW to use them in a fight. There's a lot you can do with enhanced speed and strength. 

18 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

@TBD

@Drago Ryder

@dragon4111

@Goat-kun

@Canteen_the_unstable

Request to post a bit early, I have a post in mind and I'd really like to make it. 

You wish to post after Drago? I will allow it for this round if it’s helps with building up the story. 
Does this sound okay with you @dragon4111? Then you can post right after them.

@Canteen_the_unstable @Drago Ryder @dragon4111 @Goat-kun @Buck Testa
If anyone wish to post early despite of the order, for upcoming new rounds and so forth, thinking if it will help with the story, feel free to asks!! 

also I don’t think there’s no need to keep mentioning Jedishy during our RP.  I don’t want to spam him too much :adorkable:. I will mention him when or if needed.

6 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

I had a funny thought as I was typing that last post. The Good Doctor could probably pull this off if our villains ever have a Karaoke night lol

Beezlebub will appreciated some good music once in a while! Although who's most likely  be a horrible singer ^_^

(edited)

I can see Nanami being a pretty decent singer, and showing them do things outside of just being villains would certainly be entertaining. Now I just have to figure out what type of genre would suit her best.

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

Robin's fighting style?

Spoiler

But imagine them having modern battlefield equipment and videogame-sized backpacks. The portal can also be used as a shield (you just punched into another dimension and hit a wall of spikes) or even as a weapon (play peek-a-boo with a 155 mm naval gun), but that's for another time.

On 5/10/2020 at 6:43 PM, Drago Ryder said:

I can see Nanami being a pretty decent singer, and showing them do things outside of just being villains would certainly be entertaining. Now I just have to figure out what type of genre would suit her best.

I can't help it but imagine  her doing kpop :adorkable:. I like of the idea of a "filter episode" where the villains will do something outside of work. Just need to know when to is the right moments. Maybe a little after work party where the meeting went pretty smoothly and a good way to celebrate it is karaoke :laugh:

9 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Robin's fighting style?

Hide contents

But imagine them having modern battlefield equipment and videogame-sized backpacks. The portal can also be used as a shield (you just punched into another dimension and hit a wall of spikes) or even as a weapon (play peek-a-boo with a 155 mm naval gun), but that's for another time.

Ohhh like batman!:wacko:

Okay guys, I going to post mine sometime tomorrow or the day after. gonna brainstorm on what to write. 

Hmm fight style for krizalid would be akin to iori yagami or krizalid from kof...just no fire. As well using the environment to his advantage

Spoiler

Spoiler

As for karaoke hmm Kriz would be more old school or taking a new song and singing it like an old song

13 hours ago, TBD said:

I can't help it but imagine  her doing kpop :adorkable:. I like of the idea of a "filter episode" where the villains will do something outside of work. Just need to know when to is the right moments. Maybe a little after work party where the meeting went pretty smoothly and a good way to celebrate it is karaoke :laugh:

Yeah, I can see that too. I'm not as familiar with the genre, but I'll try to find a good song for her.

As for Nanami's fighting style, the closest thing I could describe it to would be sword dancing, using quick, decisive movements to evade and attack her opponent. It'd be less of a one shot method and more like a death by a thousand cuts, if anything. Her silk and wing dust can certainly be used to hinder mobility and incapacitate a target respectively, and flight can also provide an advantage of its own in combat. That's not even taking into account the damage she could to do someone's mind with telepathy.

16 hours ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

Ok I was just gonna ask @TBD

If the turn order is back to normal XD

Oops! I forgot! Yes it is. You’re up xp. You got three days since I forgot