Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's it like in your home country?

The Kaeya Simp

England and the UK is not a bad place, no perfect by no means but no place is, weather isn't always the best though :)

On 4/20/2020 at 3:17 PM, Sherbie-kun said:

What is it like in your home country? like is it a nice place to live, or bad, or just eh.

as in terms of my home country,

is usually very cold, wet and windy, under an occupation by England (and having south of country being fully incorporated into england) where we're proud of being scottish but mostly all want to leave before the country falls apart

Kind of have to disagree that Scotland is occupied by England, Scotland has always been democratically free to leave the union and could have left in 2014 but the majority there voted against it.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

5 minutes ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Kind of have to disagree that Scotland is occupied by England, Scotland has always been democratically free to leave the union and could have left in 2014 but the majority there voted against it when they had the opportunity to vote on it.:)

1/3 of scotland's population would be the absolute maximum allowed to vote on independence, 2/3rd were legally counted as England (despite being historically Scottish lands) and werent elegible,

5 million is not the population of Scotland, it's around 1/3rd and wasnt counting the south of Scotland (which has 2/3rds of Scottish population

5 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun said:

1/3 of scotland's population would be the absolute maximum allowed to vote on independence, 2/3rd were legally counted as England (despite being historically Scottish lands) and werent elegible,

5 million is not the population of Scotland, it's around 1/3rd and wasnt counting the south of Scotland (which has 2/3rds of Scottish population

Not really sure what you mean, which parts of Scotland were not allowed to vote or counted as being England?
Do you mean people who weren't registered or didn't cast a vote?

6 minutes ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Not really sure what you mean, which parts of Scotland were not allowed to vote or counted as being England?
Do you mean people who weren't registered or didn't cast a vote?

The areas south of Gretna, 10mil could have changed the vote drastically when given the choice

45 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun said:

The areas south of Gretna, 10mil could have changed the vote drastically when given the choice

Do you mean Scots living in England or the geographic area such as Cumbria/Northern England?

For Scots living in England, those were the rules of the referendum that only people who lived in Scotland could vote in it.

If it's geographical areas south of the border that were once part of Scotland in history but now England, think that would probably be a lost cause as those areas have been English for a very long time as is the population, I live in Cumbria and we're English here.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

3 minutes ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Do you mean Scots living in England or the geographic area such as Cumbria/Northern England?

For Scots living in England, those were the rules of the referendum that only people who lived in Scotland could vote in it.

If it's geographical areas south of the border that were once part of Scotland in history but now England, think that would probably be a lost cause as those areas have been English for a very long time as is the population, I live in Cumbria and we're English here.

Northern England is mostly (slightly more Anglicised) Scots, the blood that flows through people born in people from Dundee or from Manchester are the same pretty much

2 hours ago, Sherbie-kun said:

Northern England is mostly (slightly more Anglicised) Scots, the blood that flows through people born in people from Dundee or from Manchester are the same pretty much

Think quite a lot of the UK is a bit of a mix but we're not really all that different anyway. Would say Northern England is generally very English in how it sees itself though, possibly more so than than Southern England. I don't think there's much support for moving the border from either side of it, Scotland could only separate from the UK in it's current form if it were to happen.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

it's a great place(Greece), if only it was a bit more viable to be here, i've thought of just leaving multiple times but i've resisted it so far (well.. we can't go anywhere nowadays anyway)

I live in canada. Kinda boring here. We don't have any cons for mlp at all sadly. Plus the weather is totally nuts here.

• 5 months later...

I'm a proud Welsh girl, and there's just as many sheep here as the stereotypes say! It's rainy a lot and pretty much everyone seems to know each other. It might not be as grand as England, but I personally love living here; grandeur has never been my thing, anyway, sheep fields will do for me:laugh:

Hmm I think that Slovenia is just an average european country. Upsides lots of nature/forests, very safe, life here isn't very expensive. Downsides it's gets quite boring as not much happens here, people complain how life in better in other EU countries yet most don't move elsewhere as they are too lazy to actually move somewhere else.

Edited by zerox
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

Here*  we are being the usual extreme to extreme currently. Drought and fire in the west, floods in the east. Politically similar. One extreme in the west and another in the east. Probably the best place to live though since people, for the most part, still have common sense and we have a lack of laws compared to any other, or I should say we have been pruning laws for a while. Is it perfect? No. Do I wish it were? No.

Spoiler

*I'm pulling the technically card here, North Dakota seceded from the union in the 1930s "technically" and that legislation was never repealed and was processed by the federal government, but everyone ignores that until the next politically tense time, then goes "oh" and it dies, so we're still here in the US in a way.

It is buried in the law, but it is still there. Legally who knows what its standing is but no one has challenged it.

• Brohoof 1