Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Have You Ever Had A Panic Attack?

EpicEnergy

Um last year I had one , I WAS having three to five a week at times last year and I kinda learned to kinda control it, know my triggers and get my mind off things.   I turned to reading at work,  news, history, odd ball things,  etc on the pc.   My first boss kinda got mad at me about it, but I told them outright "It keeps my attacks off."  Given she also saw me half like 3,  she backed off.

My managers also now leave me alone about it, I have been asked about it,  using the pc at work for reading but after a few words with coworkers,  and my old bosses and given my good work record they leave me alone.   I still have the triggers but I've learned to deal and well, live with it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah; though my realization of them has been fairly recent. Anxiety has been difficult to deal with, but there have been times where this feeling of absolute fear would just...ground me and leave me in perpetual fear.

I've started taking medication recently to help, but it's a process.

well being a black male it feels like there a cat inside my head yelling "game over man, game over" most of the time or i am feeling just bad most if the time. which is funny because i am very cool when everyone else i crazy(in a fire, someone needs 1st aid, a mass shooting which i was in one).  i feel like in life i have to be the calm one when everyone else is panicking.

when i do have a panic attack it like dropping 6,000ft when you are inside a jet or a high G turn in a fighter jet/roller costar.

had them a while ago, first started in exams (friggin stressful things) - the trigger was being trapped with other people but unable to tell them what I was feeling. After then, when I was in those situations I'd become convinced I was about to die or that I would do something I mustn't do (like open the emergency exit on an airplane). I managed to push back against the feelings by asking myself questions like "but what is the illness that is apparently going to kill me?" or "but why should I open the airplane door?". Eventually, it became easier and easier to make my brain focus on the questions and the panic attacks stopped :) 

• 3 weeks later...