Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Anyone want to draw my Kirin OC, Trần Bác Học?

Beauregard

Here's an image of him by an artist whose name I forgot:

2328138.jpg

But his mustache and beard are more like the Fu Manchu one:

91aN75fxEkL._SR500,500_.jpg

The artist said that they couldn't draw clothes, so they didn't draw his shirt and hat:

H738f0df0351248c49e6377e100400781z.jpg

He's also a young adult, but the artist made him look older. And he has this sword:

Double-Dragon-Jian3.jpg

Edited by Pidgin Hole
Forgot to say something at first. And then, I forgot something else.
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pidgin Hole said:

May I see some samples of your work?

I do little sketches as seen here, but I can outline the sketch to make it more smooth or similar to the show as seen in some of my bases

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Gaines said:

I do little sketches as seen here, but I can outline the sketch to make it more smooth or similar to the show as seen in some of my bases

Nice. I also forgot a detail, but I put it in there now! :3  Can you post your pic of Hoc (in East Asian cultures, the family name comes first, so just call him "Hoc") here?

1 hour ago, Pidgin Hole said:

Can you post your pic of Hoc (in East Asian cultures, the family name comes first, so just call him "Hoc") here?

Sure thing!  If I don't post it in about 3 days just msg me  :please:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
53 minutes ago, Gaines said:

Hope this is okay! If there's anything that needs to be changed just tell me
Kirin.png

You might want to reorient the sword just a tad so that the pommel points up at an angle (that's normally how they're oriented) and remove the chin stubble, which shouldn't really be there and was an addition by the original artist, but that's it.

Edit: You could also have the chest mane severely but have the rest of the mane stay the same.

Edited by Pidgin Hole

15 minutes ago, Bas said:

Is that...a Che Guevara Kirin? :awwthanks:

No. Calling him a "Mao Zedong Kirin" would be closer because he's wearing a Red Guard outfit, but even that label would be imperfect because but Mao is Chinese and clean-shaven, whereas this Kirin is Vietnamese and has a Fu Manchu mustache and beard.

2 hours ago, Pidgin Hole said:

You might want to reorient the sword just a tad so that the pommel points up at an angle (that's normally how they're oriented)

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of rotation options so one of these if not the original will have to do :lie:
Kirin_2.png
And if you can, please describe how you wanted the mane to be in a different way bc I didn't clearly understand oops

32 minutes ago, Gaines said:

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of rotation options so one of these if not the original will have to do :lie:
Kirin_2.png
And if you can, please describe how you wanted the mane to be in a different way bc I didn't clearly understand oops

The one on the left exactly is what I had in mind. 👌🏻 Combine it with the earlier pic, and edit the nude one to have some lines where the mane seems to end on the clothed one, and make the rest of the chest mane less fluffy than the rest of the mane.

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Pidgin Hole said:

edit the nude one to have some lines where the mane seems to end on the clothed one, and make the rest of the chest mane less fluffy than the rest of the mane.

This good?  :)  Added the sword model on the side because a bit of the design got cut off.
Kirin.png

• Brohoof 1

@Gaines I also put your latest art on Derpibooru, crediting you and telling them about the image on the left being correct.

3 minutes ago, Gaines said:

This good?  :)  Added the sword model on the side because a bit of the design got cut off.
Kirin.png

Yes, perfect! 👌🏻

• Brohoof 1