Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc New Pegas

Illiad Easle

Thread: https://mlpforums.com/topic/190782-new-pegas/

A bit of a cross between Fallout Equestria, Fallout New Vegas, and my own rendition of events, forming a world only vaguely related to the three it stemmed from. If you enjoyed any of them, you'll likely enjoy this one. The plan is to loosely follow the story line of Fallout New Vegas set in the world I made from the three of them combined. Radioactive Fallout is replaced by Anti-Magic, which leaches magic away from the contaminated in small doses, and permanently removes someone's ability to use or be affected by magic in large doses.

The Premise:

War, we thought we knew what it meant at the unification, then we thought we understood it's horrors after the Summer War.

We didn't know then what horrors had yet to be unleashed. Our squabbles were nothing before the war of titans.

No one remembers how it all started, only that our ancestors were spared, secured in a variety of sanctuaries that preserved them the hundreds of years it took for the worst of the effects to pass. In Equestria, most were kept in Stables, underground research facilities with hidden agendas, some more fortunate than others. Those in Troy didn't fare much better in the Deep Science Vaults, they at least knew they were being experimented on.

Once the stables and vaults opened, and the descendants of those who had been spared looked out on the barren plains, they began to unite, forming herds to begin rebuilding, to build a better world than the one they had learned about.

Over time these herds grew, stronger ones overtaking and assimilating weaker ones, some more benevolent than others. In the south, The New Lunar Republic was founded in the ruins of Deltrot, in the north a Solar Empire stemmed out of Trottingham, and in between, descendants of those who had served Discord in the war, calling themselves Discord's Legion, continued to spread havoc, killing all those they deemed too weak to survive.

In the midst of these rapidly expanding forces stood a shining beacon, a city untouched by the war and unclaimed by any of these powers, Las Pegas.

That brings us to you, a wanderer in these wastes, yet the potential within to turn the tide. It is foretold that whoever controls the city will eventually control the world. What then will you do?

To Join:

Submit a description of your character including:

Their special stats (40 points between the 7 traits, I'll use them for skill checks rather than having to keep track of every skill)

Their occupation in the world (Courier, soldier, vault-dweller)

An idea of their motivation, I'll help out with this if you're unsure.

Be aware, there are more factions than are mentioned in the premise, those are just the ones that everyone knows about at the start of the RP. I'll gladly incorporate any ideas into the RP.

Edited by Illiad Easle
Added RP link

@reader8363

1. Depends on how many people are interested, the plan is to have it be a group.

2. I'm not opposed, again depending on how many people are interested, if there's a lot of people I'd prefer if everyone used just one, but if we only have a few I don't mind if there are multiple per person.

okay, I'm thinking of using my twins, Solstice and Eclipse. 
https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-world/roleplay-characters-sheets/original-characters/eclipse-r122/

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

S:4
P:6
E:5
C:4
I:8
A:6
L:7
Job: Courier
Motivation: learn more about magic.

https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-world/roleplay-characters-sheets/original-characters/solstice-r123/

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

S:6
P:5
E:6
C:7
I:5
A:6
L:5
Job: Guard
Motivation: protect her sister 

I can go with just Eclipse if need to

• Brohoof 1

@reader8363

Both very well written, I'd hate to break up the set so I'll let you have both. Their backstories are modified easily enough to fit the new world if you'll allow me?

The circumstances of their birth are unchanged except being born in one of the Stables near Manehatten, one who's group had decided to remain inside. They left their Stable and took up residence in a nearby town built on the outskirts of the ruins of Manehatten after she mastered the contents of the book they had.

I think that sets them up nicely for the story, Eclipse, being a courier, would receive a job delivering a disk with a gold appearance to Las Pegas.

• 3 weeks later...

@reader8363

Cool, I'll get the first post up when I get off work tonight and we can get started. Since it's just you they story will start out similar to the New Vegas story, but you'll be free to do and say whatever you want with that. Hopefully it turns out well.

Mechanics going forward, I'm not going to be picky on ammo, unless it's special ammo. We'll just assume you periodically restock the basic ammo as you go.

Specific skills like lockpicking and computers will be 5 stages instead of 100 points, they'll either be Ignorant <15, Inexperienced 15-35, Knowledgeable 35-60, Adept 60-95, or Master 95-100. Which determines their chance to succeed on that specific check.

General checks will be based off their relevant Special, which is a percentage based on their number times ten, minus 5. (so a Special of one would be 5% to succeed, 10 would be 95%)

Combat will be simplified, but we'll get into that later.

Energy weapons is replaced with Magic, the energy weapons themselves will be replaced by spells and spell books.

If you could give me three skills they'd be Ignorant at and three they'd be Knowledgeable at, they'll be Inexperienced at the rest. Eclipse gets Adept at magic for free if you like.

okay, so Solstice would be ignorant at computers, stealth, and crafting/upgrading. She would be knowledgeable at lockpicking, guns, and repairing.

Eclipse would be ingorant at guns, lockpicking, and repairing. She would be knowledgeable at computers, stealth, and crafting/upgrading

• Brohoof 1

I've recently discovered that it is very difficult to find good dialogue trees for New Vegas, so things will be very freeform when it comes to conversation, especially since I imagine you'll ask different questions than the prompts have anyway.

Nothing you need to do about this on your end, just play it out honestly and I'll make it work, throwing in bits of the game dialogue in where I can naturally fit it.

On scavenging, rather than have you look really hard for things and describing there being things in every scene it will work as follows:

You'll say that one or both of them go looking for supplies.

I'll tell you of any obvious caches (like visible chests)

depending on their perception I'll tell you of any hidden chests or items they find.

depending on their survivalist skill I'll tell you what and how many ingredients they find.

depending on their repair/craft/upgrade skill I'll tell you what and how many components they find.

They won't be able to find any ingredients or components that neither of them don't know how to use, so long as one of them knows how to use it either can find it.

Similarly the travel system, rather than wander aimlessley you tell me a direction they travel and, optionally, a route they take (default shortest route) the direction is either a compass direction or a location they've been to or know about. Then I'll describe how they get there, indicating places along the way they could stop and stopping if they encounter a fight. You can then say they stopped at any of the places I mention or between them to do something. They can also scavenge along the way.

For example: You could say they go North out of Sweetwater, I'll then list out locations of note to the North a reasonable distance that way and you can pick which places, if any, they stop at so I can give greater detail.

Other example: You could say they go to the Strip, I'll list of locations along the main road leading to the Strip, or you can say they go the the Strip by way of Prime or around the mountain, and I'll list off locations going that way.

If they scavenge along the way I'll tell you what they find between each stopping place, so wherever they stop they'll have everything they found up to that point.

Hopefully that makes sense?

• 3 weeks later...