Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are any of the Wonderbolts capable of performing a Sonic Rainboom?

Lightning Swirl

Nah, they say in the “Sonic Rainboom” episode that nopony has ever done any except Rainbow Dash. 

It’s a legendary ability. Rainbow is one of a kind. 

@Lightning Swirl
Moving to FiM Show Discussion, as this is where the show and its characters are discussed. Also, I have altered this thread’s title to give it more proper context.

46 minutes ago, Lightning Swirl said:

I was just wondering can any of the wonderbolts pull off a sonic rainboom? They seem like they have the skills to do it.

Well I can vhink of one Wonderbolt who defintlu can... the others don'v quite meet the pre-requisites, but I'm sure they know cool tricks of their own. 

Rainbow Dash is the fastest Pegasus in Equestria and the only Pony who can perform a Sonic Rainboom. But if another pony could create something similar I think it would look different and unique and fit to their cutie mark or something. Thats why Rainbow Dash is the only one to perform a Sonic Rainboom.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Misscellanio said:

It’s a legendary ability. Rainbow is one of a kind.

I wonder how it can be a legend if only Rainbow (as a kid) managed to perform it? Someone must have done it before to make it a legend?

Someone call MA Larson, he might know the answer! :squee:

14 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I wonder how it can be a legend if only Rainbow (as a kid) managed to perform it? Someone must have done it before to make it a legend?

Someone call MA Larson, he might know the answer! :squee:

Probably prophesied or something. Like they said it's an old mare's tail. So could mean that thousands of years ago or before any reliable recorded history some pegasus did it or just some pony said it was possible and the story was passed down and it became reality. Similar to someone saying "man will walk the moon one day." Then a bunch of stories of man walking the moon before it eventually happened. 

The idea with Rainbow is that she was born with the ability to do it, but of course had some skill to back it up. Her friendship with the other ponies was "destiny" and magical and if it wasn't for the rainboom then there would be no Princess of Friendship, all the villains would've won, etc. So one can assume that Rainbow's Sonic Rainboom was also destiny just like Mane 6 was to embody the elements of harmony and free Luna. 

On 4/23/2020 at 3:31 AM, Gaines said:

For a second I thought that maybe Lightning Dust is capable, but instead of a rainbow she'd probably create a dangerous lightning storm xD 

If she gets reformed one day, I am sure she can pull it off! :sneer:

• Brohoof 1