Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Your Stance on Wireless Earbuds?

Rarity Gemstones

I think that it's a shame how often times the wireless earbuds are used more as a status symbol than taking advantage of how helpful they could actually be. Even if I could afford a pair, I wouldn't want to wear them in public for this reason. I am a very active person who is very much so addicted to music, so I definitely see an infinite amount of situations where they can be helpful to me and several people who wish to do anything while listening to music. I hope they don't die out as a fad, seeing as they're helpful little fellas...but I do hope that it being regarded as a "flex" dies out. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very old-fashioned and I don't really like wireless anything. I prefer wired earbuds, wired mouse, wired keyboard, wired internet. I have a pair of wireless earbuds, but they have a habit of losing connection and then beeping at maximum volume to helpfully tell me they've lost connection. I'll stick to wired, thanks.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:15 PM, Phosphor said:

Not a fan of earbuds, whether wireless or not. I enjoy hearing the bass, so large headphones are better suited for that.

Same here! The bass is more important then the size of the headphones, meaning I would have massive large ones just to get the bass.

• 2 years later...

I'm not a fan of earbuds. I think the idea of going wireless is good, there still isn't a good reliable pair around that I've seen. They all share the same drawbacks; primarily the fact that they don't pair well, and the touch controls are too random. I'll stick with my old wired earbuds as long as they work.

Wireless as in those expensive airpods? Nooo. Wired earbuds may be frustrating, but at least they don't get lost down storm drains.

Not trying to diss on anyone who owns airpods, for real, but as a concept, they seem ill-advised.

Hmmmm they are not totally bad as some people here are stating.

I think people should be more willing to try wireless earbuds as the technology has gotten very good over the past few years. If people don't want to try Apple- other companies like Sony, Samsung, Sennheiser, Audio technica, and many more have made decent wireless earbuds as well. So people have options and don't need to buy Apple if they are worried about price and quality.

My apple air pods pro(1st generation) are still going strong. I received these as a graduation gift when they first came out, like around 3 years ago.  I have had a positive experience with them so far. I was skeptical with what people were saying at the time about them too.  These come with a magnetic wireless charging case so it's easy to keep track where they are and it's easy to keep them charged that way. Whenever you connect with them its almost seamless and they show me how much battery they have, so I always know where they are at. Battery averages around 4 hours I believe, so it's not bad as I don't usually sit down for that long for the battery to go off. In the cases that they did go off, they notified me beforehand and I was able to let them charge for a bit and then resume for a decent amount of time. Interestingly enough, if you do lose them, apple lets you track their location by the app to see where they are. They even ring so you can hear where they might be which is nice. Some other brands don't have that feature which I think they should. I haven't lost mine, but its nice to know that exists.

I will admit that I have dropped them several times during workouts as I was super sweaty, but I never damaged them with all those drops. I dropped wired earbuds and expensive headphones and they were always damaged one way or another. Maybe I was lucky with these? Idk. Their sound quality is fairly decent. It's not life changing lol There are people who have some third party apps to mess around with the settings, but that's on Apple for not having more customization features of their own. Of course there can always be improvement with the bass and other settings during specific songs, however that can be said with almost any headphones and earbuds on the market. 

However, in my comparison when I tried other brands earbuds to see the difference regarding ANC, the active noise cancellation in the Air Pods Pro 1st gen is more impressive than any other earbuds on the market from that time period. The noise cancellation is solid for me when studying, jamming out to music, or dealing with the loud speakers at the gym. I almost feel like I'm the only one in the world at times. The transparency mode that lets sound come in is pretty decent too. It was these features that actually convinced me that if these earbuds were to become broken- I may buy the newest generation for myself when that happens. That's how good my experience was with these. The only other earbuds that I thought were somewhat close were the Sony ones.

I like to reiterate that this was based on my experience with different brands, I don't know how extensively people here have actually tried wireless earbuds or headphones. At first they seem weird, but when you give them time, they aren't bad.

Edited by StarlightNyars

7 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

I stick to my big noise-canceling headphones:mlp_smug:  

Yup and those work perfectly fine for whatever your needs are!

4 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Just get to the "Song Stuck in Your Head" thread to give listen to the song I posted there:fluttershy:  

I will give it a chance once I’m able to sit down.