Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever been followed by a wild animal?

Oblivion

So cool story! I am a security guard at a colledge and I was doing my night patrolls as I normally do when came up to this one spot by the tools and equipment shed there was a little fox just staring at me in the distance! At first I wasn't sure what it was so I approached it and it helped at me and ran a few feet away and then sit down tilted it's head and looked at me. As I got closer the second time it sorta just yelled again and this time didn't move so of course I clapped my hands and made noise so it'd hopefully move! (I'm not scared of foxes but it may of been trying to protect a litter so I didn't wanna get pounces on by a fox) so it runs off I get my checkpoint scanned and sure enough when I go to walk away it's standing under a light by some dorms just staring at me and yelling s couple times so I got fairly close prolly about 15 ft clapped my hands and said "get outta here" again and it ran behind some buildings and I went on my marry way, of course after seeing it peek around s couple buildings at me (which was honestly kinda cute). :BrightMacContent:

So anyway that something that just happened to me about 3 hours ago and thought it'd make for a cool topic! So guys have you ever had this happen with s fox or any other animal for that matter and if so how'd it go and how did you react!? (Foxes are cool btw I just didn't want it to decide to get defensive it it happened to have a litter right next to where I was walking) :pistachio:

• Brohoof 2

Awww foxes are so cute! 

I had a gator follow me a couple years back. Yes, a gator. :ButtercupLaugh: Now keep in mind I was up on a wooden bridge that crossed over a swampy area, and he was down in the water below, so I was safe. But whatever direction I would walk on the bridge, he would follow. If I stopped, he stopped. I think he was probably hoping I had food to throw at him, cause people feed the gators often in that area (you realllyyyyyy aren't supposed to).But he was cute. I find all gators cute :3

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Awww foxes are so cute! 

I had a gator follow me a couple years back. Yes, a gator. :ButtercupLaugh: Now keep in mind I was up on a wooden bridge that crossed over a swampy area, and he was down in the water below, so I was safe. But whatever direction I would walk on the bridge, he would follow. If I stopped, he stopped. I think he was probably hoping I had food to throw at him, cause people feed the gators often in that area (you realllyyyyyy aren't supposed to).But he was cute. I find all gators cute :3

Foxes ARE adorable I also find snakes and turtles to be cute as heck!!!

X3 Nuzzles! Pounces on you uwu you so warm. Foxes, gators both of which make more sense as cuddle buddies. Though personally, only birds follow me usually for food that and some stray cats they think of us as we think of vending machines. I recently had ravens though follow me haha, they were a pair and they would fly to each light post as I walked. Raven often can spell ill omen, yet they could talk honestly they were imitating the sound of a velociraptor I felt haha from Jurassic park a talking raven is a symbol of prophecy and insight being followed by huge ravens is really cool especially as they do this stare towards you. Ravens hold a strong symbolism here, mysterious creatures who were actually almost wiped out for it while never here as we respected the raven both because during the viking age they were more important and unlike other countries magic wasn't forbidden haha.

If you know the show vikings, the song always comes to mind as there is that stare in the video they do haha loved the show and amazingly historically accurate from someone that knows the sagas. 

Spoiler

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

At a high school camp a few years back, there was a seagull that was friendly towards anyone who approached it. It didn't mind being handled, having cameras up close, and at one point it stood still on top of a student's head while they were swimming. The seagull flew 2km back to the campsite and perched on a tree for a bit

I wouldn't really doubt if it it was domesticated by somebody, because I've never seen another seagull like this ever again lol

• Brohoof 1

A fox came running up to me while I was bicycling a few summers ago, and started calling for me. I freaked out and bicycled faster to get away from it. Totally unexpected behavior from the fox.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Awww foxes are so cute! 

OMG that's awesome. I've never seen a gator before. I really wanna tbh.

(On a side note: If that wooden bridge had broken :wacko:, welp)

• Brohoof 1

Saw two really huge moose (female) on the field today, close to public bicycle road. First I thought they were horses, but the size and upper body (long legs) were obvious moose.

• Brohoof 1

A juvenile red tailed hawk swooped just over my head once and in there was this young seal I called Sammy would follow me and my mom through a marina while kayaking. He tried clambering on at one point which was cute but a little dangerous as that could've potentially flipped us over. Didn't hang out down there for quite a few years after that summer, so for all I know he's the big male I call Francisco now. 

• Brohoof 1

Don't know if this counts as a "wild animal"

A stray dog used to follow me around in Elementary School. It was super friendly, and me and a friend took care of it for a bit. We didn't bring her inside our houses, but we would bring her food and water. Turns out she had a habit of wondering around, and there was even a man in our neighborhood who left a bowl of food and water out on his front porch in case she came by. 

We named her Roxy. I haven't seen her since then, and I think about her every now and then.  One day, she just dissapeared. I just figured that maybe she got picked up and sent to a shelter. 

My friend got chased by a few foxes once. They’re vicious around here.

when I was a child I was walking in a park with my dad and best friend  and a doe followed us for half of the route we took from a distance. I think people must’ve fed it before and it thought we had food as well.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Fluttershutter said:

Foxes are really curious. One time I saw one while driving and stopped to watch him and he actually crept toward the car.

Here is the little guy got a photo of it tonight!

IMG_20200424_212403270.jpg

IMG_20200424_212340762.jpg

Followed? No. I live in a rural area and we have a lot of coyotes, deer, raccoons, possums, etc. but I have never been trailed by one. If anything, I stumble upon them!

My old friend back in the day, lived so far away from the bus stop that he had to run through the night to not get hunted by moose. He made it sound more dramatic, since there is basically no moose there. He was just tired of walking so far every day, he made it sound more fun and exciting.
Turn out he did that for the rest of his stories as well, which is why he is my "old friend".

I've been chased by an angry goose more than once when riding my bike by a certain fake pond near an office building. I think they had a nest in the bushes around it. They would run out screaming and hissing and fly after me and try to land on my back. Once I picked up a wood construction flagging stake lying on the sidewalk I found before I got to the pond. If the goose got to close flying after me it was gonna get a good smack. :unamused: Lucky for them they were too slow.

I had a couple of seagulls who kept visiting my house each day when I lived in Wales. They would sit on the garage roof, looking in through the kitchen window and calling for food. They always came back at the same times each day because they knew we would feed them.

eyup, when i was about 10 me and my siblings were going to school, and two wolves followed us for a bit, but we just went on and reached the school and they left
another time there was a strange "dog" perched in the flower bed in our house for 3-4 days, that one turned out to be a lynx, thinking back now i really don't see how we confused that with a dog of all things, but oh well
and of course i've been followed many times by actual dogs if strays count as "wild animals"

• Brohoof 1

On 4/24/2020 at 1:46 PM, AppleButt said:

Also had a wasp follow me while I was walking.  

I had a wasp chase me down and sting me on the finger. :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1