Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Fitness Pacer Test

Venomous

No, not the meme :bedeyes:

Did you take this test in your PE class in middle school and/or high school? I had to take it in middle school and I maybe ran 11 rounds.

One boy ran so many rounds that he actually vomited mid sprint lol

Here is the meme anyway

• Brohoof 3

Yes, I did this pacer test. Back in high school during my senior year, I ran like 38 rounds for my physical running challenge with my fellow gym boys.

Edited by Allen
  • Brohoof 2

As far as I am aware, I took the pacer test every year of my public education except for junior and senior since I only took the PE credits required. Don't remember my score, definitely made it to like the last 25% at least. I've always been one of the faster kids but that only comes in a short spurt so not exactly well suited for extended repetition. Known a few people who made it to 50 I think which was might have been considered the end? Too long ago to say for sure.

My girlfriend made me feel old and young at the same time by telling me she remembered when they first introduced the pacer. Yikes!

Edit: Initial gut instinct turned out to be right. Turns out the pacer wasn't introduced to her till she was already in middle school, and the test was created in 1982.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 2

Pacer test as in beep test? If I remember I got to most level 12 or might have been level 12 I know it was level 11 usually though had often achieved eleven almost twelve which is amazing as I have astmha though also very hyper so I would continue until literally I would simply die. Everyone were usually surprised by me even being able to.

Every level has a shuttle or a round, so level 12 is 118 rounds or shuttles cumulatively. That said though I am really healthy and trained my body for cardio as it helps astmha to require less oxygen. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

No, not the meme :bedeyes:

Did you take this test in your PE class in middle school and/or high school? I had to take it in middle school and I maybe ran 11 rounds.

One boy ran so many rounds that he actually vomited mid sprint lol

Never heard of it :huh:

Any videos or picture to describe what it is?

• Brohoof 2

middle school and i hated it... i was maybe the 3rd lowest in the class? something like that, i did around 10-20 rounds maybe...it's awful, wild how many rounds some people went

• Brohoof 1

All I will say is back in my elementary and middle it was hell for me. I was basically the worst out of all my classmate. I remember my gym teacher won't allow me to leave early and keep pushing me to keep going.. I mean, this is basically me right here

7f3c232d44442a59ba4d3afb337ec9f6.gif

I literally feel like i was dying and it's feel like it will never end. (the only time I don't mind "running" if it's sport related) I remember as a "punishment" for being the lowest my gym teacher wants me to grub all the cones. While everyone goes on their merry way inside, leaving me  carrying all the cones by myself under a hot sun. I remember coming inside and saw everyone just chilling...

Now I love running and I feel I can go for miles and miles. How about that? :ButtercupLaugh: 

2 hours ago, Thuja said:

What's the Pacer test?  I've never had to do it.

5 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

Any videos or picture to describe what it is?

I tried to find a video but they all suck.

In short, you run back and forth across the gym floor as many times as you can before you become too tired to stop. There is a radio that will beep to indicate when you need to run again and it speeds up as time goes on. Once you stop, you’re out. It’s a difficult exercise, as there can be at least 75 laps.

1 minute ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

I tried to find a video but they all suck.

In short, you run back and forth across the gym floor as many times as you can before you become too tired to stop. There is a radio that will beep to indicate when you need to run again and it speeds up as time goes on. Once you stop, you’re out. It’s a difficult exercise, as there can be at least 75 laps.

What's the point of doing it?  Is it like standardized testing but for PE???

16 minutes ago, Thuja said:

What's the point of doing it?  Is it like standardized testing but for PE???

I believe it is a sort of standardized testing. I had to do this exercise all 3 years of middle school and I don’t know anyone personally who didn’t have to take it in those years as well so that’s why I think it is.

Also, here is a better description of the exercise:

”The PACER Test, or Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run, is an aerobic capacity test used by FitnessGram. According to the FitnessGram instructions, it is a 20-meter shuttle run, where students run back and forth as many times as they can between two markers, using an audio CD to guide their pace.”

I also found a somewhat decent video. Mind you that these are young children so it may not look as intense but I promise you it is. Imagine having to run back and forth up to 75 times with no breaks.

Never had to do that. Our PE lessons just consisted of dumping us outside in freezing cold weather, wearing nothing but t-shirts and shorts and making us play sports. Which I hated. Well I say hated. What I meant is that I loathed it. Well I say loathed. But what I really mean is that I would rather have been trapped on a spaceship while being hunted down by a hostile alien entity with more teeth than the entire Osmond family.

Edited by Treeglow Flicker

1 minute ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Heh, I was homeschooled so I never had to worry about this...not that I would have been terrible at it. :proud:

Nobody thought they'd be terrible at it but when it gets to the 50th repetition people dropped like flys. Longest in my school was I think 82 reps. I did 70.

I thought I'd do better but it gets to the point where you have like 2 seconds to run the distance of a basketball court and that's after having run the court 60 plus times.

2 minutes ago, Cyclone1066 said:

Nobody thought they'd be terrible at it but when it gets to the 50th repetition people dropped like flys. Longest in my school was I think 82 reps. I did 70.

I thought I'd do better but it gets to the point where you have like 2 seconds to run the distance of a basketball court and that's after having run the court 60 plus times.

E7092052-1710-4ECF-9F73-79787E47C10F.gif.c736a4ddd5cbcc542107feb7b5dbacc6.gif