Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv George Lucas is a genius

Sparkleberry

I saw some of the ideas of the new plot "If he made Star Wars 7-9" it would be about Whills, a thing that controls the universe and feeds of the force. Kinda like CIA of space in a sense. I dont get why some are like HURR STUPID. I think it sounds like a cool idea

e32z0OVWV525c_9SQadoVuD5zKJrfBHar0Mz-PH8

• Brohoof 3

Many people argued that the force was better when it was spiritual instead of science related.

Are you actually liking George Lucas's ideas @Sparkleberry? His ways to make a story out of politics (endless debates in a senate) and germs (midichlorians) was kinda odd, especially with a cartoon rabbit (Jar Jar) being one of the main characters... If you ask me :confused:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Super Splashee said:

Many people argued that the force was better when it was spiritual instead of science related.

Are you actually liking George Lucas's ideas @Sparkleberry? His ways to make a story out of politics (endless debates in a senate) and germs (midichlorians) was kinda odd, especially with a cartoon rabbit (Jar Jar) being one of the main characters... If you ask me :confused:

Its both though. "Ever seen the part where Darth Vader force chokes a guy in Star Wars 4?" the force isnt just spiritual. Its a religious aswell as a real thing. Thats why jedis etc can pull objects with the force or push people with it.

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Sparkleberry said:

Its both though. "Ever seen the part where Darth Vader force chokes a guy in Star Wars 4?" the force isnt just spiritual. Its a religious aswell as a real thing. Thats why jedis etc can pull objects with the force or push people with it.

As a writer, I would say that it is almost always better to skip details of how things work on a micro level, to be a later question for the audience to solve.

If GL had actually not mentioned how it worked in Phantom Menace, the audience would have either asked the question at one point (which doesn't make the movie any worse), or would have come up with an answer for GL to use at a later stage. You gotta be smart when dealing with a fandom. ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

As a writer, I would say that it is almost always better to skip details of how things work on a micro level, to be a later question for the audience to solve.

If GL had actually not mentioned how it worked in Phantom Menace, the audience would have either asked the question at one point (which doesn't make the movie any worse), or would have come up with an answer for GL to use at a later stage. You gotta be smart when dealing with a fandom. ;)

Writers are just nerds though. George Lucas is the one who made the series, and i dont see anything wrong with this. I mean by that argument, if George Lucas is a bad writer. Well why not just invite the writers from Big Bang Theory TV Series. It is said to be good writing. So i am sure it would work. "Laugh track" :P

Either case i would love seeing this Whill thing by George Lucas if he is allowed by Disney to make Star Wars 10-12. Since looking at it, it wouldnt contradict 7-9 storyline interms of Han Solo's children

What matters is if the ideas sounds good or not. In my view atleast

Edited by Sparkleberry
  • Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Sparkleberry said:

George Lucas is the one who made the series, and i dont see anything wrong with this.

He is credited for more than writing. He is not only the creator of the franchise but also a director (a really good one). Writer, I must say is not his stronger points. He basically went with the draft for Phantom Menace (as seen in the documentary "he making of Star Wars"). People in the production team was clearly too scared to jump in and argue about the movie. Even if I think GL would have listened to them, he was too big at that time!

He was allowed to ruin his own franchise. And if it turned out him selling the Star Wars brand to Disney ruined it, then, at least he was the one making the call.

Disney will never allow GL to make Star Wars, after everything he said to them.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

He is credited for more than writing. He is not only the creator of the franchise but also a director (a really good one). Writer, I must say is not his stronger points. He basically went with the draft for Phantom Menace (as seen in the documentary "he making of Star Wars"). People in the production team was clearly too scared to jump in and argue about the movie. Even if I think GL would have listened to them, he was too big at that time!

He was allowed to ruin his own franchise. And if it turned out him selling the Star Wars brand to Disney ruined it, then, at least he was the one making the call.

Disney will never allow GL to make Star Wars, after everything he said to them.

Well i liked Jar Jar Binks so. George Lucas is Star Wars in my view and he is good story teller. Writer or not. Whatever. I have seen people who are said to be good writer to be really boring people and i wouldnt see their movies even if my life depended on it :P

I only care if a movie is fun. If he can do that then i am fine with it. I think problem is more he didnt make his stories in time before another company took it away. And thats why fans whined so much probably because by the time they got spoiled.

Either case people who have to say "something is good or bad writing" are just annoying i often find. They think their jobs is only thing that matters, not being able to do stuff... to execute stuff. Its a really elitist club of nerds basically who are so into themself. Atleast ones i have seen on the internet. I mean they think they are above everyone and they annoy me heavily. If you wanna make a story "That just happens to be writer" i can respect that. But the jerks who have to use a legit criticism of bad writing (even when it isnt) are the most annoying people. No you just didnt like the story, or you thought something didnt add up. Dont make stuff up just because you didnt like the story. Unless the writing is "i did this, he went there" then it is not valid.

Edited by Sparkleberry
  • Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Sparkleberry said:

Well i liked Jar Jar Binks so

I hated him since day zero.

But how come I love watching Phantom Menace so much? Well, you cannot just remove Jar Jar from the story that easily.

Don't forget, with all the flaws of GL and Jar Jar, I am still a huge fan of his work, and his characters. More so than the Disney versions for sure. But I am willing to criticize GL for many faults as well. I can still enjoy his stuff including faults, something I am having problems with if it was something/someone else.

• Brohoof 1

I love plenty of stuff that he's come up with, but that sounds like a bad pun. Everything is controlled by the "Whills" of the force, sounds ridiculous.

I don't think Star Wars is really about this kind of stuff, and this may be a small excerpt but if it's anything like the midichlorians which are basically mitochondria, then it's unnecessary and contributes little to nothing to the actual story. Sure Anakin's high count and apparently having been birthed from the force itself helped identify him as the "chosen one" but it was all a bit on the nose, and did nothing to convince the Jedi council anyways.

Edit: Qui-Gon-Jinn probably would have brought Anakin forward to be trained anyways because of his force sensitivity and being a bit of a rogue when it came to council affairs.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Sparkleberry said:

"If he made Star Wars 7-9" it would be about Whills, a thing that controls the universe and feeds of the force.

A different way in using the force through science eh? I bet General Hux would love to experiment that. Imagine how that would turn out for the First Order and let alone Kylo who's spiritual force user. Science force and Spiritual force,  honestly that would be hella awesome. 

• Brohoof 3

I actually like the idea. It's pretty risky tho, since many fans would't be too interested in the science stuff. But if was interweaved with a good plot and character development, it would certainly be a decent movie and would be better than the sequel trilogy by far.

As for the Phantom Menace, the film did have its problems, but I did like it overall. Maybe it's not the best of his works, but it is still a good movie. 

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Princess of Hearts 💛🧡 said:

As for the Phantom Menace, the film did have its problems, but I did like it overall. Maybe it's not the best of his works, but it is still a good movie.

It has a very "open world" about it which I like. I get the grand scale of everything compared to the later more green screen sets.

3 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Qui-Gon-Jinn probably would have brought Anakin forward to be trained anyways because of his force sensitivity and being a bit of a rogue when it came to council affairs.

I would have loved to see that. I think Qui-Gon was the most interesting of all characters in Phantom Menace. I have asked the questions a 1000 times, what would happen if he had still been alive to train Anakin?

• Brohoof 2

I appreciate wanting to tell a story rather then caring only about the popularity. While popularity of a movie does matter when it comes to a franchise telling a story it feels high quality that the story is more important.

• Brohoof 3

29 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I would have loved to see that. I think Qui-Gon was the most interesting of all characters in Phantom Menace. I have asked the questions a 1000 times, what would happen if he had still been alive to train Anakin?

Unfortunately, part of bringing balance to the force included purging most of the council since so many members of the order had lost their way. We get the briefest glimpse from an episode of the clone wars what this might have been like, but it basically requires the absence of Palpatine or any other threat that may have taken his place as far as I know.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...