Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Sombra´s Eyes

Lunatic_Moonwalker

King Sombra sometimes has green eyes with this purple fire/magic thing, but his eyes can look pretty normal too. What do you think is that and when do his eyes look like this? Does it affect him e.g. makes his magic more powerful? Somra is the only character I saw whose eyes can look that way.

• Brohoof 1

He was supposed to look mysterious and dangerous, like a ghost. I think they added that effect as well as the dark magic (that Celestia used in that first Crystal Empire episode) as a new effect to show there was a much wider danger than just one character (Sombra)... But it didn't really work. He wasn't intimidating enough.

He can do that dark crystal grow thing that is also not explained. I don't like villains that have unique unexplained weapons/abilities, like the Storm King and King Sombra. They are usually just made up to be a one time villain.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity also gets the green glow in her eyes when she's possessed in Inspiration Manifestation and Twilight actually uses what looks exactly like Sombra's magic in Princess Twilight Sparkle when she has to use alicorn magic on the potion. My speculation is that Sombra is possessed by some sort of powerful, dark magic that corrupted him, but that's just one take out of many. 

• Brohoof 1

From what I gathered, his eyes turn green when he uses magic(or a short time before and after), although it may also depend on the spell or how much power he puts into it. Maybe he can do it on a whim, when he wants to look intimidating. Although, you can clearly see that his eyes turn green with the purple mist when he fights someone.    

• Brohoof 2