Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Do You Cope With Depression?

EpicEnergy

Nothing, because I just hold it in. I've learnt to manage it over the years, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

I do not. When it happens. I take the place of the observer, and try to see what my subconscious is trying to communicate me. Because, it generally means I am doing something wrong with my life. If I try to cope with it, there is always this tug in my arm, that feels like reality is telling me to stop running away from my problems.

• Brohoof 1

Draw, draw, draw away & cry.
Unless it gets too much - either way i'll be on my room silently, not hoping to bother anyone.
Meds aren't always a good help when it comes to depression.

I don't have "depression", but when I feel sad I lift weights and it honestly does wonders to clear my head and get me "back in gear" again.

If I were clinically depressed I doubt that would be enough, I have a lot of respect for people who manage to overcome true depression and not simply some momentary sadness like we all experience.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure if I'd fully call my current mental state "depression", but I do have a good amount of the symptoms (fatigue, occasional low mood, among other things), and I am pretty worried about it. When I'm feeling pretty down or nervous about it, it always helps me to look at pictures of my comfort characters or watch videos of them. I also found today that playing Spore helps a lot. It was a game I loved growing up, and even now I still have a ton of fun with it. ;)