Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What’s The Oldest House You’ve Ever Lived In?

Lucky Bolt

The oldest house I’ve lived in so far (and probably never again) was a Victorian-age 3 story house when I was very little. This was back when I lived in Illinois. I swear that place was haunted....the basement more specifically. :wacko: Some people supposedly died there because the basement was actually a doctor’s office way back then....creepy. If only I had pictures of the old place. I hardly remember it though. 

What about you guys?

• Brohoof 4

My mother's old house in Queens which was built in 1910. I had to live there for a month and a half because I was taking summer college classes. It's in even worse shape now because my aunt who lives there is a hoarder.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure. Both my childhood home in Illinois and the house I live in Ohio were built in the 1910s but I'm not sure which is actually older.

Edited by Cyclone1066
  • Brohoof 1

I’ve lived in mine all my life.  It was built in 1959.

I can’t do old houses.  My aunt has one that was built soon after the civil war, and I swear that place has spooks in it.  

• Brohoof 3

Dang :wacko:

Most houses around here are pretty new. Oldest ever.... I’d say some apartments but I don’t know how old they are. Oldest house is the only house I’ve lived in and it’s as old as I am.

• Brohoof 1

The oldest house I have lived in was a temporary one my family and I rented while waiting for our new house to be built. I don’t know the age on it but I know it was pretty damn old. It sure as hell looked that way lol

• Brohoof 2

The house I live in currently was built in 1910. It has a barn shaped roof and small squeaky stairs and old timey windows

The oldest house I have ever lived in is my fathers place. If I remember correctly the original construction was built in the late 1800's but was added onto over the decades. Today the house is rather big but in no way modern.