Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Foods you've grown to like?

Frostgage

I had one dinner fairly recently, and it contained avocados. Normally I dislike them, but I was impressed by how fresh and nice they tasted. Were the avocados just really good, or could it be that the taste is finally growing on me?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ikd how it'd be in english, it's a slavic dish. Basically a meat broth frozen to the point when it's jello

I thought it's absolutely disgusting, but a year ago my grandma convinced me to try it and it turned out to be actually pretty good!

I used to hate beans and brussel sprouts when I was little but now I want to try growing my own brussel sprouts and I have to add lentils to certain wraps and chili and stuff.  I kinda wish I liked more veggies and beans and stuff when I was younger but at least I'm trying new stuff when I can these days.  Gardening has made me like veggies more, which is great.

• 4 months later...

The only food this apply to for me are some candies actually. Like Liquorice , Marzipan etc.

I never had a problem with fruits or vegetables. I loved them as a child and these days.

• 9 months later...

After I lost my taste for 6 months I started to eat more vegetables to try to train my taste into liking it. When it came back, I am much more open to fruits and vegetables in general now. 

I really love a lot more vegetables now. Not eating it purely, but mixed in my normal nutrition. Mmmh! Healthy! :wub: I didn't in the past, but I drink tea only pure too, yummy! :wub:
And on the contrary I COMPLETELY stopped eating any sugary stuff, even fruits. Everything that is sweet doesn't taste good to me anymore. Even apples don't taste the way I remember them anymore. And even a mere spoon of fruit juice would be as hardcore as alcohol for me, so goddamn sweeeeet, ugh...!!! :ButtercupLaugh: (Sorry, Pinkie... <3 We don't share the same taste.)
When I stopped eating all that sweet stuff, I started to feel even healthier than ever! It really changes ones life! :eager:

I used to revile olives, but I think I am opening up to them with time; black olives specifically, at least. I can't imagine eating them straight from the jar, but I am much more open to them being ingredients in dishes like pizzas, or any number of Mexican foods now. Other than that, my impossible to please palette has remained steadfast.

I used to hate pepperoni as a kid, every time I got a pizza with pepperoni on it I'd just pick them off.

But now I'll straight up just eat them by themselves. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Normally, I can't stand seafood. Even now I still struggle to get a wiff of it, but put that fish in a sushi roll and I'm willing to give it chance

• 4 months later...