• #7 She's cool. :P
    • #6 I'm okay with her.
    • #5 I feel neutral about her.
    • #4 Not really
    • #3 Pass
    • #2 I dislike her
    • #1 I despise her

(edited)

I'm not really a fan of EQG in general. So, meh.

EDIT: Though her freakout AS a pony was admittedly hilarious.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 4

Princess Twilight Sparkle is my Waifu, but Sci-Twi is adorable. Sunset is more to my liking in EQ though.

Spoiler

hey, don't be shocked. If you're married in real life, you're allowed a waifu or husbando. Maybe even a few!

• Brohoof 3

I like her, maybe not as much as the pony Twilight, but the difference is probably 0.1% or something. I chose 9 on the poll purely because I do not have a "waifu". 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, princessxrainbowdash said:

i think i'm obsessed with her.. OUO

her glasses are so ADORKABLE... LIKE HER. xD

twilight-vector-sci-4.png

I honestly do think she's cute. Her glasses and looks are a lot like what I would have expected the actual twilight to look like when she came to Equestria, but either way, I think Sci-Twi is a great addition to the EQG cast. 

• Brohoof 3

Not the biggest fan of her to be honest. The other EG Twilight Sparkle is cuter in my opinion...maybe cause she's really just a pony. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Sometimes I think she's too different from best pony but she's close enough to be best human. 

She's had a very different upbringing.

14 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I don't really appreciate that fact.  

I can tell. :laugh: . But it's true nonetheless - Celestia choosing Twilight shaped her life a lot.

8 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

I can tell. :laugh: . But it's true nonetheless - Celestia choosing Twilight shaped her life a lot.

Indeed. Although Twi was inspired to study magic after seeing Celestia raise the sun.. so maybe even if Celestia HADN'T taken Twi on as her personal protégé at the school, she would still have been on a different path to SciTwi?  Look how Scoots' heroine-worship of Dashie has shaped HER life, for example.

Sorry! I don't, hahaha. One thing I liked about pony Twilight was that even though she believes that knowledge is power, she deviates from the nerdy tropes that other shows have, being that they're obsessed with science. Twilight is instead interested in learning about magic. She didn't even have glasses like most geeky characters do! But SciTwi is mostly a glasses-wearing science-loving sort of girl. Plus with her around, it means that pony Twilight hasn't been back to the human world since, and I kind of want to see more of that Twilight instead :adorkable: Plus it personally bugs me that a character that's known for her heroism in one world used to have an evil counterpart in another. I don't like Midnight Sparkle and SciTwi's redemption much ^^;

I very much like her. She is what I hoped we would get out of EQG. The characters we know and love, if they were raised as humans, in a human world embracing a human paradigm on things, and both friendship and magic appear and change all that. The humane five are all carbon copies of the remane five. But Sci-Twi is different. She isn't from a family with royal connections. She wasn't groomed by a solar deity and immortal empress. She isn't recognized a child prodigy. She's just a smart, nerdy girl who's awkward and has confidence issues. She's Twilight if she kept reading those dusty old books and that makes her fascinating in the context of MLP and it's universe. 

Which makes it all that much more of a shame that we didn't get more of

the_new_and_improved_sci_twi_meets_twilight_by_shafty817_d9iqohp-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA3NiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEzZGI1NjNjLTU0MTgtNGUzZC04YmUyLWVlMWZkMTRkYzA5OFwvZDlpcW9ocC00YzBhNjRmOS1hN2JiLTQ4NDgtYWE3OC04NmIzMGUyYTA2NTcucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.A25VKeNXywWYVNLapFbEU7hnsIEhQmga5va9SlP0e_Y

• Brohoof 2

I feel almost hollow thinking about her, leaving no room to either dislike or like her...this is due to how little of a personality she has, I feel like. To me, she's uninteresting and doesn't contribute much. She feels like a copy-and-paste adorkable nerd, while Equestrian Twilight has her own spin and twist on this. This is but my humblest opinion, though! I see why so many people love her, and I encourage them to do so! But I'm probably just biased because I've grown so fond of Our Twilight, you know? Any other versions make me cling even more dearly to my wife :blush:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't like her. :awwthanks: I mean, I don't dislike her as a character, I dislike the fact, that she's supposed to be Twilight, but she's not. 

Other EQG characters are accurate to their pony counterparts. Sci-Twi however, is insanely different than Twilight Sparkle is and I don't like it. I'd very much prefer the Twilight we know over Sci-Twi. Watching the next movies was simply weird because of that. I can't get used to her.

She is kinda an egghead, but come on... They got rid of her personality and left only the egghead part.

As a different character she'd be okay, but as someone who's supposed to represent Twilight, absolute nope, sorry. :twi:

Edited by Rikifive
made the first statement a bit more clear
  • Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Rikifive said:

I absolutely dislike her. :awwthanks:

Other EQG characters are accurate to their pony counterparts. Sci-Twi however, is insanely different than Twilight Sparkle is and I don't like it. I'd very much prefer the Twilight we know over Sci-Twi. Watching the next movies was simply weird because of that. I can't get used to her.

As a different character she'd be okay, but as someone who's supposed to represent Twilight, absolute nope, sorry. :twi:

Yeah but she is technically made to be different to human Twilight (well pony twilight who went to the human world) from the first two films. No point in introducing the actual human Twilight, if she's gonna be exactly the same as the Twilight from the first two movies.

17 minutes ago, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

Yeah but she is technically made to be different to human Twilight (well pony twilight who went to the human world) from the first two films. No point in introducing the actual human Twilight, if she's gonna be exactly the same as the Twilight from the first two movies.

I have to disagree with that :coco: If there is a point or not would be up to how it would be handled, I don't see why it couldn't work. Introducing Sci-Twi isn't making it any better, but even worse in my opinion. It's not the reason to get rid of her personality and leave her little to say, aside some science gibberish once in a while. They made her uninteresting. Science went too far there. While I was watching these next two movies, I felt that there was always something missing in and it definitely was the lack of Twilight, but not even just a lack of her, but some random replacement I don't want to agree with. :twi:

As much as I like EQG, I strongly dislike the third movie, because it was full of random cheap things, that didn't make any sense.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

I have to disagree with that :coco: If there is a point or not would be up to how it would be handled, I don't see why it couldn't work. Introducing Sci-Twi isn't making it any better, but even worse in my opinion. It's not the reason to get rid of her personality and leave her little to say, aside some science gibberish once in a while. They made her uninteresting. Science went too far there. While I was watching these next two movies, I felt that there was always something missing in and it definitely was the lack of Twilight, but not even just a lack of her, but some random replacement I don't want to agree with. :twi:

As much as I like EQG, I strongly dislike the third movie, because it was full of random cheap things, that didn't make any sense.

I honestly preferred Sci-twi than to the human Twilight we saw in EQG films 1 and 2. It;s more interesting seeing this different Twilight than having the twilight we already saw in FIM. 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

I honestly preferred Sci-twi than to the human Twilight we saw in EQG films 1 and 2. It;s more interesting seeing this different Twilight than having the twilight we already saw in FIM. 

Then it's up to preferences I guess. :P

If I wanted something new, I'd prefer new characters rather than wrecking the ones I know and like. Ultimately I could have always switched to another show/movie for something new to seek. :grin:

Characters getting major changes in personality and design from episode to episode isn't something I enjoy personally. I like Twilight as she is, picturing her as multiple different characters is just weird.

You do have your point, so of course it's okay if you like her, nothing wrong with that. ;)

• Brohoof 1