Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BABSCOnline - May 8th - 9th

Yotes

Yes. :)  It's not quite the same as being somewhere (in many ways) and I wish Discord wasn't everyone's favorite thing (blech), but it is something! 

I was pretty sad to see HAHCon (https://www.hahcon.com/) go away, for all that it was apparently masterminded by one person I thought it was reasonably well done. They had been going for four years (though I wasn't aware until 2018) and had a proper website, a nice schedule page with links, and for a small donation would send you art files to print yourself a badge. PonyFest Online (ponyfest.horse) which afaik became a thing post-coronavirus seems to be headed the same way. I kinda wish there was a bit more in the web presence department, though. I know that forums take quite a bit of effort though and are better for longer term stuff.

I'd be pretty happy if it became a little bit more of a thing in general. Personally I've been fortunate to make it to a couple Pony conventions including BronyCon twice (2013, 2019) and  PonyCon (NYC) a handful of times, largely because my parents were willing to help me get there and in the case of BronyCon 2019 because I spent a fair chunk of money to do so between a ticket, a hotel room, and a train ride. But I also happen to live in upstate NY, so it's only ~5 hours to Baltimore and around half that to NYC. Presumably a lot of people can't go or at least weren't able to go to the really big events (like BronyCon, EFNW, and BABSCon?). I recall an online forum topic? chat? where somebody once said it was like 8+ hours of travel for them to anywhere with a con and most of them involved crossing over from Canada to the US..

P.S.  

Good time for people to hang out on LoE or something too, probably, if just being in a Discord chat room is too boring...