Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you cringe at your old topics/posts?

Dashy 4 Ever

All the time. Sometimes I even go back and edit them, because I die a little in the inside when I read them.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I get nervous wondering if I’ve said too much in them, or accidentally upset someone, and I definitely get the urge to edit and re-edit, but I don’t think I’ve been here long enough to look back and cringe. 

• Brohoof 1

Of course. I was still basically a child when I joined this site, and now I'm almost old enough to drink. I've changed pretty drastically as a person in that span of time.

Oh my god you have no idea. I haven’t been on the forums in over 2 years roughly. And I just updated everything on my profile because it was making me cringe into a new reality. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

By the time I was actively posting on this site, I had gotten my feet a little more wet on the internet, so I actually don't cringe too much when I remember my early posts. :Thorax: I certainly still had much to learn, but I like to keep looking ahead, moving on. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I do cringe at what I posted way back then around 2012. It's not only my opinions back then, but also the way I typed, it was so bad.

• Brohoof 1

I do cringe at some of my old posts. (I mean years ago)  Not that I've seen them recently. I used to be quite a trouble maker here, to the point that I was banned for a month, and told if I kept up my nonsense, I would be permanently banned. My past here was a bit embarrassing. Hopefully I've made up for it now.

• Brohoof 2

A little bit. I was very awkward when I first joined here but I suppose that hasn't changed drastically. Joining a pony forum was such a unique experience for me that I wasn't sure how to deal with it. :P  Eventually it became part of my life though and here I be to this day, for better or worse.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Haha I often think like that, somehow familiar but like a lot of it I would not say today. Do I cringe from it eh yeah I mean somewhat like a memory that you feel like today you may have not said, that said though I do not edit them. Mostly I read them and laugh you know haha.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

yeah. i've gone through two really cringe phases over the past three years (which is about how long i've been using forums for)

from 2017 to 2018, i was a grammar nazi. no, not the common type of grammar nazi that corrects people that use 'you're' where it should be 'your' or vice versa (or, at worst, cusses them out and/or calls them an idiot) or 'should of' instead of 'should have.' those people suck, but i was way worse. not only did i criticise people for using 'you're' where it should be 'your' or vice versa, but i would criticise anybody that didn't write like they were writing a fucking essay. so, of course, i would make enemies with pretty much everybody i met on the internet

obviously, i always wrote with perfect grammar and punctuation myself (at least grammar and punctuation i thought was perfect. i was only eleven to twelve years old), and it made me look really weird

in 2019, i went through a short phase of trying to act 'hard' on the internet. i would talk like those white, middle class, year ten kids in british schools that think they're solid because they listen to uk drill (i'm not bashing on uk drill, btw. i've got a 100-video-long playlist on youtube of uk drill and i listen to it pretty much every day. but its fanbase is obnoxious af). i'm glad that phase passed quickly

Edited by justNatsuki
  • Brohoof 1

I had already matured quite a bit by the time I had joined these forums, so TBH, there isn't a whole lot in my post history on these forums that would bother me. The worst would be when I first joined and followed the Brony hatred of early MLP generations. Like I wasn't exactly a hater myself, but I certainly wasn't innocent. =(

Now if we go back before these forums, to anything I posted from 2004-2008, then yes. I'm glad those posts are not on this forum to haunt me. Lol. I was so depressing and trust me in 2007 and before I had no excuse for any of that, at least not anything like what happened after that. I also stirred up drama, and was super closed-minded to anything without reason. Like I would drop hate on Rap music, Green Day, etc. all of the time. I had just gotten into Classical music and became a bit of a Classical snob (aside from early 00s music I still liked and some 70s Soft Rock like Bread, America, and the Eagles), and turned against anything modern. You may say I'm still like that, but I'm actually not, not like I was. I came to kinda like Green Day and am on the look out for new artists making good music today all of the time. Also, I don't hate on Rap anymore. I don't really listen to it, but I don't hate.

I've probably said this a billion times on these forums before, but we have to be glad I wasn't a teenager anymore by the time these forums came around. lol

• Brohoof 2

I do at some of them, yes. Thankfully, my cringey posts were made years ago and aren’t easy to dig up.

• Brohoof 1

Nah. I joined here while I was in college, so I was past the cringe phase.

But I’d probably have to go into hiding if anyone saw the stuff I got up to when I was 13. YEEEEEESH.

• Brohoof 1