Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you saving up for?

Speedy Transition

Right now, I'm saving up for a plane ticket to Paris by next year.  While my parents will check out the museums and wine, I'm going to Disneyland Paris.

• Brohoof 2

I make no money to save,
although when I get a job I want to try and save up to potentially permanently re-locate to somewhere in Southern Mainland Europe to pursue something related to tourism

I'm saving up money for a down payment on a large tract of land. Not sure if I want to buy just raw land or a house with land. The latter is much easier to finance.

I'm mainly interested in private in-holdings in nearby national forests. Dark skies and virtually no threat of subdivision development  :D

Currently trying to save up for my trip to get my top surgery.  I keep needing to use that money for other things but I hope to have the proper amount saved at some point...

• 3 months later...

Currently, I would be saving up for some Nintendo Switch games that will be releasing throughout the rest of the year and in 2020.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

- Modular/Semi-modular synth with some guitar pedal effects

- Stuff for teeny tiny SFF PC

- maybe electric bass guitar

- maybe vinyl record player and random records to flip samples

Whatev one i impulsively get in the moment :P

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

As far as expensive things go. ADVATx Laser treatment. I'm looking for a good preventative alternative to injectables like fillers and botox. While botox is cheaper it won't improve the texture of my skin like laser will. Fillers are just expensive and high risk.

Also Green day tickets. This will likely come before the laser. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently building and saving up an emergency fund first so I can get my debt tackled. I got Caleb Hammer's Financial Audit YT show to thank for mentioning the importance of an emergency fund.

However, aside from that, if money were not an issue for me as of the time I post this, I'd immediately want to get myself this practice organ, a Viscount Cantorum Duo Plus.

Here's what it looks like:

Cantorum-Duo-Plus_full_left.thumb.png.73e5efb92cc75aa57dcb06108ba8131e.png

One of the ways I am saving up for that is this wishlist I've set on my BMC (Buy Me a Coffee) page: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/jonnymusic/w/103

I'm happy to see at least one donation to get the ball rolling. To ensure I keep the donations for the wish strictly for this practice organ, I've set up a specific savings account dedicated to large purchases such as equipment, musical instruments, etc.

I can't stress enough how crucial financial literacy is. It's a game-changer when you actually take charge of your finances.

• Brohoof 1

On 2019-05-05 at 9:52 AM, Will Guide said:

Right now, I'm saving up for a plane ticket to Paris by next year.  While my parents will check out the museums and wine, I'm going to Disneyland Paris.

Have you been learning some of the French language in the meantime? ;)

At the moment, paying off someone else's debts. It sounds ridiculous but right now I'd pay every penny I have just to have some peace and get things settled for everyone. 

• Hugs 3

On 2024-02-01 at 6:58 PM, Jonny Music said:

Have you been learning some of the French language in the meantime? ;)

This comment was made before the covid lockdown of March 2020. We had to cancel our plan to go to Paris back in May 2020. I'm hoping that I'll go to Italy instead sometime in the near future

• Brohoof 2
  • Sad 1