Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Punishments and rules

Ruchiyoto

I made a mistake on a forum of mine that I wasn't aware of. I should have came forward or ask someone before posting it. I also have read through the Guidelines and I had no luck finding a solution to the subject related to my forum or at least a statement somewhere in the site rules. Although, I was already convinced by a comment and followed simple instructions. Therefore, I was only told rather then the statement should've been mentioned in the guidelines. I just wish I knew about it before, that it would be irrelevant to ask a certain question that should only be posted in Status Blogs.

So here is my personal feedback on the guidelines that I believe should be reinstated or at least mentioned and should be slightly improved.

There needs to be a session for new users (myself including) and anyone who have violated the rules, where there are rules listed in one section or a Tab.

I'm not trying to tell the staff how to do their job, they were only trying to make things clearer for me and I am very thankful for that. But I certainly believe that it would've been better if their statements were added or at least mentioned in the guidelines. It wasn't my fault that I was unaware of what I can and cannot post on MLP Forums. If someone - even a staff - could inform me about the rules on certain limited topics that I am allowed to post (not speaking of Ranks), and educate me about everything I should know about MLP Forums that aren't posted or mentioned anywhere on FAQs..?

@Ruchiyoto Are you referring to this?

Many new members do this kind of mistake, where they think creating new topics/threads are the common/logical thing to do. You are 1 post off of creating status updates (those are like Tweets on this forum), which are much better for the thing you were trying to do, and that's what the administrator was saying.

There are many places on this forum you can respond to, to get post count. Find General Discussion, and respond to any of those topics. I do recommend responding to topics rather than creating new ones. I highly recommend replying to topics. If you don't know how to do that, just go to my profile and press "see their activity" button, and you can see how much I am responding to various topics. :Rara:

2 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

@Ruchiyoto Are you referring to this?

Many new members do this kind of mistake, where they think creating new topics/threads are the common/logical thing to do. You are 1 post off of creating status updates (those are like Tweets on this forum), which are much better for the thing you were trying to do, and that's what the administrator was saying.

There are many places on this forum you can respond to, to get post count. Find General Discussion, and respond to any of those topics. I do recommend responding to topics rather than creating new ones. I highly recommend replying to topics. If you don't know how to do that, just go to my profile and press "see their activity" button, and you can see how much I am responding to various topics. :Rara:

Alright, I think I now have a better understanding on the subject. Thanks for pointing that out. It really helps me alot.

I'm just kind of upset that it was locked for that reason that I wasn't aware of.

3 hours ago, Bas said:

I am not staff, but I don't see the subject or the question you want to be clarified there. So I am kinda confused. Maybe you can clarify what you mean?

I was basically asking a question from a recent forum or subject of mine on "Recommended Episodes?" that was immediately locked by an Admin, however Super Slashee just pointed out what I needed to hear.

Getting a topic locked isn't a big deal and it doesn't even have to be a "mistake", so don't let it haunt you that much. :grin: A "mistake" it would be if you'd receive warning points, the majestic currency, that will allow you to visit the Moon once you collect fantastic 1000. kaZdxtE.pngoR99yPj.png

Not only new members get their contents locked, sometimes even experienced users tend to post rather quick/temporary threads (ones with a simple question or something, for example), that would be better as a status update / blog entry, that in the end are locked by moderation for that reason. It's hard to pinpoint what exact criteria threads have to follow in regards to this, the moderation just uses their best judgement to specify if the thread has a potential to sparkle a discussion. So in the end there are no specific guidelines regarding this and therefore, there are no punishments for doing so - the moderation will just leave hints.

Summarizing, you didn't break any rules, so no worries about that. :darling:

Of course, I know how unpleasant it feels to get your contents locked like this, especially when someone is new. Sorry you had to experience this.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Getting a topic locked isn't a big deal and it doesn't even have to be a "mistake", so don't let it haunt you that much. :grin: A "mistake" it would be if you'd receive warning points, the majestic currency, that will allow you to visit the Moon once you collect fantastic 1000. kaZdxtE.pngoR99yPj.png

Not only new members get their contents locked, sometimes even experienced users tend to post rather quick/temporary threads (ones with a simple question or something, for example), that would be better as a status update / blog entry, that in the end are locked by moderation for that reason. It's hard to pinpoint what exact criteria threads have to follow in regards to this, the moderation just uses their best judgement to specify if the thread has a potential to sparkle a discussion. So in the end there are no specific guidelines regarding this and therefore, there are no punishments for doing so - the moderation will just leave hints.

Summarizing, you didn't break any rules, so no worries about that. :darling:

Of course, I know how unpleasant it feels to get your contents locked like this, especially when someone is new. Sorry you had to experience this.

Thank you, I feel much better and I now know it's not something that should be taken serious. I just wish I knew about it before. I guess there are some things that can be locked or removed even without a warning, but then again I should probably be more careful as something could happen when I least expect it.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Ruchiyoto said:

but then again I should probably be more careful as something could happen when I least expect it.

You only need to be on your best behavior when a Global Moderator is near (those purple colored members). They are very dangerous. And they taste funny (grape I think)

Spoiler

I am of course joking.

• Brohoof 1

@Ruchiyoto
Altered this thread’s title to give it proper context.

1. If you ever have an issue with staff or with the action of a staff member, it would be best to contact them directly.

2. As you are now aware thanks to @Rikifive, locking a topic is not a way to punish a user. It just means that the topic they created isn’t suitable. A user isn’t in any sort of trouble until they receive a warning message from staff and/or warning points (a certain amount of points applied to your account depending on the nature of the infraction). If you were in any sort of trouble, it would have been made clear. We don’t walk on eggshells when letting users know they have done something wrong. Me closing your topic wasn’t me trying to be sneaky with penalizing you.

...were there are ruleslisted in one section or a Tab.

3. We do have a page of guidelines here in case you would like to know what is classified as an offense here. To access this at anytime, simply go to Google.com and type in MLP Forums guidelines and click on the first result. You can also click on the More tab (upper right screen) > Guidelines FAQ for any answers to questions that may have not been answered on the guidelines page. This is accessible to all users regardless of post count so this was never hidden from you.

If you were/are ever unsure about the rules, contact a staff member. It’s fine to ask users but staff are familiar with them in more detail.

4. Also, if you are ever unsure as to what section takes what sort of topics, you can read the text that is made available underneath that section when you click on it. This will help you to avoid making topics that will be locked:

DB09BAB9-9E03-4C89-91B3-2ADF1695E1D9.jpeg

5. After some discussion, your topic has actually been reopened. We decided that episode recommendation topics are alright. We used to lock them in the past but that is no more!

Is there anything else you need clarification on?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was locked