Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New Pegas

Illiad Easle

Eclipse latched the book back to her leg and said as she followed Sunny, "I'll come help and help out." She needed to get better at surviving to help Solstice out.

Solstice slung her rifle over her back and said as she placed her cap back on, "I'll think about coming out here. Now to talk to Brass, bye." She headed out the door and started off towards the old elixir station. She would need to convince Brass to come with them.

(Eclipse)

Sunny would trot along for a bit until they got close, then she'd crouch down and approach stealthily. Coming over the ridge there were four of them this time, one of them a bit smaller than the others.

Like before, Sunny would wait until Eclipse was ready before taking her shot, "I'll go for that small one, they move faster and are harder to hit when not by surprise."

(Solstice)

There wasn't much to see on the way up to the elixir station, there was Odis lumbering around as he seemed to do, as well as a pair of homely looking houses with small farms or large gardens attached. The farmers themselves didn't pay her much mind as she passed.

If she entered the station she'd be met by a surprised unicorn stallion pointing a gun at her, "That's close enough. Who are you, and what do you want with me?"

Eclipse stealthily followed Sunny to the ridge and infused her ammo with magic, since she can't kill them with one shot, then she waited to fire at one of the bigger ones.

Solstice halted and said, "Calm down, Brass, I mean ya no harm. I'm here to help you out. If you can lower the gun, we can talk." She took the ammo out of the pistol, since the rifle doesn't have a compartment for ammo in the first place.

(Eclipse)

Sunny fired on the small one, taking it down with a single hit.

Eclipse's shot missed the one she was aiming for, but hit another one near it, the magically charged bullet killing it instantly [Sneak Attack].

The remaining two turned towards the sounds of the gunfire, and began to charge towards them.

(Solstice)

Ring lowered his gun, looking a bit sheepish, "Sorry about the gun. You just caught me off guard, that's all. I, um, don't know what you could help me with."

Eclipse aimed at it's chest and fired two less charged bullets at the one she missed. She might need to figure a way to encase something into the bullet so that she isn't using a lot of magic to kill something.

Solstice walked closer and said, "I talked to the bartender at the saloon, and me and my sister are going to take you to some place safe."

(Eclipse)

Her first shot hit, slowing it as it appeared to crush something in it's chest, but the second shot missed.

Sunny was able to finish it off with another shot, her second shot taking out one of the legs on the last one before Cheyenne killed it.

"Good shooting, you're really getting the hang of this. On to the next one."

They heard the scream of a mare before they got to the last well. Sunny grimaced, "Ah, hell's bells. There's not a day passes by I don't tell ponies not to come here by themselves. Some ponies, your word just isn't good enough for 'em. Then this happens."

She moved a bit quicker than before, getting up on a ledge to overlook the final well, sure enough there was a terrified mare trying to fend off a trio of geckos with her bare hooves.

Sunny didn't wait for Eclipse this time, taking aim and firing at one of the geckos as soon as she could, taking one down with a single shot. Unlike before the geckos didn't turn to chase them, they stayed focused on the mare they had before them.

(Solstice)

Ring looked unsure, "What about the town? I don't know if the Boomers would leave it alone even if I leave, I definitely couldn't take them all in a fight, and no offence but even with you I think we'd be outmatched. But if some of the townsfolk were willing to help..."

Eclipse ran after Sunny and when she saw that the gecko were not coming after them. She hopped off the ridge and slid down, knowing that it was going to be bad, she quickly unclasped her book and flipped to half the book. She fired magic at the second close one point blank with what seemed to be a crystal.

Solstice said, "Tell ya what, we can go talk with the bartender tonight and get something arranged with getting you out of here without any difficulty beside dealing with them stopping us, and don't worry, my sister could probably find a spell to help

(Eclipse)

(In the future if you could describe what the magic does that would help write out what happens)

Given her proximity and skill with magic the spell hit the targeted gecko, if the spell were meant to damage it, it would be killed, otherwise whatever effect the spell had would happen.

Sunny and Cheyenne were able to dispatch the other gecko with ease, leaving the mare injured, scared, but alive. She seemed quite relieved once the geckos were dead though, turning to Eclipse, "Holy moly! If you hadn't come here like you done, I'd be a goner for sure. I came up here to draw water, but here, you should have what I got. You look thirsty." She would offer three bottles of water from her bag.

[Sweetwater reputation increased][Guns skill increased][Stealth skill increased]

Sunny came down from the ridge as the citizen they saved scurried back to town, "Now that was some good work. Even got a little exciting there at the end. Here's a little spending money for the trouble [50 caps received]. One more thing I wanted to show you. Thought I might teach you about living off the land and making useful things for yourself. Interested?"

(Solstice)

Ring nodded, "Sounds good, you should definitely talk to Sunny Smiles. She's been friendlier than most around here. You can usually find her in the saloon, she's the one with the dog."

(edited)

Eclipse latched the book back on and placed the items in her bag, then she said, "sure that'll come in handy to learn."

Solstice said, "She's with my sister, wherever they are, and should be on their way soon. I'll look around town while I wait."

Edited by reader8363

(Eclipse)

Sunny smiled, "All right then. We'll need a couple of ingredients to get started. Gonna want some Gander Root and some Rock Flowers. I know I've seen Rock Flowers growing up by the graveyard, and I seem to remember there being some Gander Root by the school house. They grow pretty much everywhere in the desert, so long as you've got eyes for 'em you'll be set."

Sunny led the way over to a small fire pit which she carefully lit, "I've already got a pair so I can show you how it's done, then you can do it yourself later." She pulled out what resembled a turnip or beet as well as what looked like a flower made of rock. She carefully skewered each and held them over the small fire. "Once the root is dried and the flower starts to cry, then they're ready." The root shriveled a bit on the stick, and the flower started to look more papery before it started to drip a sort of clear liquid. Sunny pulled them off the fire and put them in a small bowl which she used with a small smooth rock to grind the two into a powder, then a paste as the liquid from the flower mixed with the rest. She then put the paste in a small bottle and presented it to Eclipse. "And that's how you make healing paste! You can rub it on injuries, a little bit of magic can make it harden up like a cast or you can wash it off for cuts and bruises. You can also eat it for food or more internal injuries. I can't say it's the most effective, but it's easy to make and to come by."

That done she nodded, "I'm going to head back now. Hope I didn't miss anything good on the jukebox. Cheyenne would never forgive me." She started back towards town, "Hey, do me a favor. Tonic - she's the bartender up at the saloon, kind of the town mom - she likes to meet newcomers. She'd be cross with me if I didn't ask you to poke your head in and say hi."

With that she'd head back up towards town, not too quickly though, so Eclipse could keep up with her if she wanted.

(I'll explain how scavenging works in the ooc)

(Solstice)

Ring nodded, "I'll be here, let me know what they say. I'd hate to leave this town hanging after they were so nice to me."

(assuming she steps outside)

The sun was starting to set, and lights were starting to come on, a few streetlights had been connected to batteries to light up the road a bit, it wasn't like the lit hallways of the Stable but it was much better than walking around in the dark. It looked like more than a few of the ponies in town were headed for the saloon, it looked like a popular place to be after a long day of work. 

Elcipse followed her towards town to get more supplies for the healing paste. First stop would be the school house then the graveyard. She heard someone well for her once she got into town. She turned to see Solstice running towards them.

As Solstice walked around, she saw a mare with a dog following her, plus a mare cloaked in black with a cracked white mask was following her. She called out to them. As she ran over to them.

Eclipse, despite her inexperience with scavenging, gathered three Gander Roots and four Rock Flowers. She didn't find anything else.

Cheyenne would get a bit aggressive, barking once and moving between Sunny and the newcomer, but Sunny called her back as before, she did though turn to Eclipse, "Who's this now? A friend of yours?"

Eclipse shook her head and said, "She's my sister, Solstice. What's up."

Solstice said as she stopped by them, "I talked with the bartender, and got a heading on the thieves, The ringleader was talking about heading to the strip and he has to go through Prime." She turned to Sunny and said, "Excuse me, but you wouldn't happen to be Sunny Smiles, now would ya?"

Eclipse stashed the healing items into Solstice's bag, since it used for their supplies and her is used to paper and packages.

Sunny nodded, "Good to meet ya, I was just showin' your sister here a bit about surviving in the wasteland, she's got quite the eye on her with a rifle, much better against geckos than bottles."

1 hour ago, reader8363 said:

"Excuse me, but you wouldn't happen to be Sunny Smiles, now would ya?"

"That's me alright, did Tonic send ya? I swear I was just on my way up there now with the new filly in tow to see'r. Otherwise, what do you need?"

Solstice shook her head and said, "No, it's about Brass Rings. We getting him out of here to a safe place, but he said that we'll need help dealing with the Boomers. He said to come talk with you, since you might be able to help."

Eclipse slung the rifle on her back, which closed the cloak more around her as she listened to Sunny and Solstice chat.

Sunny nodded, "Say no more, I'm in. That Corn Cob says he'll leave the town alone if we hoof over Ring, but I know his type. He and his friends will come after the town eventually. However, even though your sister's improved with a rifle, the four of us aren't exactly a force to be reckoned with. A lot of folks around here look up to Tonic, if you could convince her to join us, some of the townsfolk might join the fight as well."

Sunny looked thoughtful, "Who else... Oh! I know Salty Pete's got a bunch of dynamite stowed somewhere, he's that old stallion that hangs out in front of the saloon, and Chip just got a shipment of armor we could potentially convince him to let us borrow. And finally, Doc Pitch could help out with medicine given we're all likely to get hit at least a few times. Perhaps it'd go faster if we split up on talking to folks."

Solstice thought about it and said, "Okay, Sunny, you could talk to Chip, Eclipse, you go talk to doc, and I'll talk to Tonic and Salty. Sounds good?"

Eclipse nodded, she was fine with doc, since she knew him, but she would talk to others if need be.

Sunny looked a bit unsure, "Well, ya see, Chip and I never really got along well, he's always been more concerned with his profits than the town. I think even with the town at stake he'd still make us barter with him. Perhaps I could talk to Doc? And Solstice here could talk to Chip since it sounds like she's good with words and all that. Besides," she'd turn to Eclipse, "You still need to meet Tonic anyhow, but it's up to you two."

[If they go with their plan]

Like Doc had said, he could be found in his house, likewise Salty was still in the same chair they had seen him in earlier and Tonic was behind the bar serving drinks to the residents. "Back so soon? What can I get you?"

[If they go with Sunny's plan]

Salty was still in the same chair they had seen him in earlier and Tonic was behind the bar serving drinks to the residents. "There's the new pony I've been hearing about, take a seat and I'll fix you something."

Chip was the owner of the general goods store right next to the saloon and was the only diamond dog they had seen so far in this town. He had a lithe frame to him and a smooth brown coat under his shopkeeper's garb. "This one supposes you are the one Doctor Pitch was healing. From what this one heard, this one didn't think you'd survive. This one has many wares for sale, good value, even have weapon helpers."

Solstice nodded and said, "Okay, we'll do your plan." Solstice headed to the general shop. She walked up to Chip and said, "not sure as well. Anyways, we need your help with getting Brass out of town."

Eclipse walked into the bar, and said as she sat down, "Hello, Solstice told me that we're taking Brass Rings out of here and Sunny said that you would help us deal with the boomers." She took her mask off and placed it on the table

(Solstice)

Chip seemed apprehensive, "Hold on there, Boomers want Ring. How do you plan to get Ring past the Boomers?"

Chip seemed cautious, a bit standoffish, perhaps if they made the cause more personal?

(Eclipse)

Eclipse's lack of charisma and her inexperience in speech-craft did little to convince Tonic, "Sorry sugar, I've got this town to care for. I'll be rooting for you, but I can't go following without a plan."

It seemed like Trudy was amicable, but would need more convincing. Perhaps if they had a plan?  

Solstice smiled and said, "I was thinking of overloading a magical bullet and killing them that way, but Brass will only come with us if the town helps, so that they won't come back and take it out on the town from various ways, You can supply the armor for them, and maybe you can keep most of the loot."

Eclipse took a deep breath and thought about what she could do. Her sister was more into the talking to others and she was more into. She would try one more thing before going to ask her sister to come help, "You're good at rallying others and if Solstice can get Chip to supply the armor and Sunny can get the medicine from Doc, the town can scare off the Boomers and be rid of them."

(Solstice)

Chip still looked hesitant, "'Maybe' does not convince this one. You promise this one gets most of loot, and this one gives supplies to town for fight. Otherwise you buy supplies, 1000 caps."

Chip looked hopeful when he made the first offer, he seemed eager to get his hooves, or paws, on what the Boomers had.

(Eclipse)

Tonic thought for a bit but nodded, "Sounds like you do have a plan, but it does hinge on that IF. I'll spread the word, come back once those IF's are official and I'll 'rally the town' as you say."

There was a bit of muttering around the saloon from those who had overheard, most seemed positive towards pushing the Boomers out given Tonic's support.

Solstice thought about it and said, "Deal." All they really need was ammo and some supplies for the trip, so they'll be able to barter a bit afterwards.

Eclipse nodded, it was the closest she was going to get. She said as she hopped up, "Okay, I'll be back later." She walked out and closed the door abruptly, the she teleported her mask over to her and placed it on, then she walked up to the old stallion and said, "Excuse me, but are you Salty Pete?"

@reader8363

Chip smiled, "Townsponies can pick up armor and ammo when they're ready." He looked a bit more reserved, "And, uh, this one will be guarding this one's store during fight. Nedd to put this one's business first, you understand. Was there anything else you need?" Looking around the store there was quite the collection of small guns and ammo, including a pristine silenced .22 pistol and some mods for the rifles her and her sister had. 

(Eclipse)

The old stallion was roused from his snoozing by Eclipse's call, "Wazzat? Oh, Howdy there. What can old Saltpeter do for ya?" He looked like a relaxed old earth pony, one who had been in a number of fights in his life given the visible scars, but he had a kind face nonetheless.

Solstice asked as she looked at the mod, "What kind of mods do you have for a vermit rifle and this one?" She had no clue what type of rifle she had. She just found it and Eclipse remade it into one that takes energy instead of bullets.

Eclipse said as she sat down next to Salty, "We're getting Brass out of town and rid of Boomer. I was told that you might have explosive lying around."