Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's wrong with Future Spike's new look?

FlareGun45

(edited)

I hear stuff about people not liking his new look cause he's "too anthro" or something like that. I think it suits him! He started off as a small weakling, now he's the big strong dragon he's always wanted to be! 

Plus, his bed is full every night, I'm pretty sure! ;) 

Edited by FlareGun45

What's wrong? Well, he got to look like what he always wanted :yeahno:

It is unfair. Do you know how much you have to lift to get that size? And he uses it to stand next to Twilight for the rest of his life :glimmer:

I think there are many issues with the last last episode, including some decisions of live affairs. But Spike seems to not care about his life, and he was really lucky with his looks.

12 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

What's wrong? Well, he got to look like what he always wanted :yeahno:

It is unfair. Do you know how much you have to lift to get that size? And he uses it to stand next to Twilight for the rest of his life :glimmer:

I think there are many issues with the last last episode, including some decisions of live affairs. But Spike seems to not care about his life, and he was really lucky with his looks.

He's an ambassador though - he's basically in charge with all Equestria affairs from the outside! That's a pretty big responsibility! He barely has time to stand next to Twilight cause of that!

And if Twilight is unavailable - who's in charge of the throne then? ;) 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

He's an ambassador though - he's basically in charge with all Equestria affairs from the outside! That's a pretty big responsibility! He barely has time to stand next to Twilight cause of that!

And if Twilight is unavailable - who's in charge of the throne then? ;) 

Well, that is true. I still think he is too big for that throne. And that jawline :dash:

• Brohoof 1

Nothing. He's just showing Smolder's jerk brother why you shouldn't bully someone for being smaller and weaker than them: They grow up. :dash:

It looks like that one time he fantasized himself saving Rarity where he had a big manly body, but instead they made him shorter and made his legs fatter. He just winds up looking like a gross frogman, though that pretty much sums up my feelings towards the Dragons designs since S2. I really liked it when they looked big and mighty and elegant, but then they introduced Garble and his goons and everything went downhill from there by basing most dragons after them going forward and those really cool early designs more or less disappeared, with only Torch and Ember being the only saving graces. Torch, while not as elegant still looked fearsome and imposing, and I don't think I need to elaborate on Ember :twismile::mlp_bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

Him being anthro is perfectly fine. I simply don't like his buffness. Sure, it definitely goes with his fantasies in prior episodes but that makes it feel a bit lazy. I would have highly preferred him being slimmer. Not Ember levels of slim, more like Smoulder but to the height Spike was at the end. Boom, would have been perfect to me. He didn't look bad, simply generic. 

• Brohoof 2

People dislike it because it makes him look anthro? He IS anthro! In fact, save for the pets and legitimate wildlife, EVERY single character on the show is anthropomophised in some way.

I'm not that big of a fan, like I don't hate it but I feel like the design like I don't know how fast do dragons grow up. The issue isn't him being anthro he is just too buff somehow. Like I get he would want to be all strong and whatever but I guess a teenage version of him would have been nicer. https://pin.it/43luOUl 

Don't get the hate either, even if that's coming from someone who also likes the reformed Changeling designs. I generally don't like to complain about visuals, because while I do agree that art style is vital to presentation, I like to judge more based on what the designers are going for. 

I don’t like the design. It’s not because it looks too anthropomorphic but because he looks way too heavy set/bulky. He’s just so wide and his chin is massive. I think they could have slimmed him down a bit while still keeping a similar build. 

(edited)

I wish he had a longer neck and smaller sholders, smaller arms closer to how grown up dragons look like.

His imagination of himself as a knight in A Dog and Pony Show was exactly like that, and it was supposed to look silly. Does it look any different now? No.

He looks like Battletoads.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I think he's fine. His jaw is a bit too much but egh, it's fine. What I didn't like was his voice but I can understand that they wanted to have the usual voice actors because it was the last episode so yeah. That's my only complain, his voice.