Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who’s Your Favorite Pony Mom?

Lucky Bolt

With Mother’s Day tomorrow I figure why not create a thread discussing your favorite mother character in the show. :ButtercupLaugh:

I am at a tie between Windy Whistles and Pear Butter.

AF985733-B909-4406-A85A-A60260BA5E89.jpeg.45814ff90e153aee8f9ccbe10c257cc4.jpeg

• Brohoof 6

Rainbow Dash who is totally Scootaloo’s mom

1522994__safe_screencap_rainbow+dash_sco

Spoiler

If I’m being fair it’s either Twilight Velvet or Windy Whistles

1432913__safe_artist-colon-charity-dash-

1401219__safe_artist-colon-brony-dash-wo

• Brohoof 4

hmm.. i wonder if Queen Chrysalis counts, she's not very good at being a mom, but she's a great character, and also a mom
let's just go with Cadance to be safe
Princess Cadance | Pony, Mlp my little pony

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Lord Valtasar said:

hmm.. i wonder if Queen Chrysalis counts, she's not very good at being a mom, but she's a great character, and also a mom

I seriously wish the show would have explored this concept. I know most people got sick of redeeming villains but Chrysalis was the one with the most potential. The changelings are obviously her children and they could have used that to create an internal struggle within her. It could have been the best redemption in the show, easily. The fact that they redeemed Starlight via a hug despite her being insanely petty and almost destroying everything but didn't redeem Chrysalis bugs (pun) the ever living shit out of me. 

Oh yeah, topic. For best pone mom it is a tie between Stellar Flare and Windy Whistles. I just wish Windy was written a bit better.

• Brohoof 5

Pear Butter is my favorite pony mom! Big Mac, Applejack & Apple Bloom all grew up to be respectable members of society thanks to her, Bright Mac

& Granny Smith being good influences on them. 

• Brohoof 5

I'm gonna say Cadance as my pick, but I also want to mention another pony who is celebrating their "first" Mother's Day this year...

... PINKIE PIE!

medium.png

• Brohoof 6

Well, Pinkie Pie is technically a mother, so she would be my first choice. If that doesn't count, I'll go with Pear Butter, since the emotional weight behind her, really makes her both an enjoyable character to me, but also a stronger mother.

• Brohoof 6

17 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

. The changelings are obviously her children and they could have used that to create an internal struggle within her. It could have been the best redemption in the show, easily. 

I have to disagree. She was a terrible person. After leaving her "children" to starve all the time? I don't think so. She was an abusive person who groomed her "children" to be deceitful and put herself on top. She even tried to suck the love and life energy out of Thorax, the one who made me see Changelings as more than just monsters.  She doesn't even know what real love is. Just how to exploit it for selfish gain. And she had several opportunities to reform and turned them down. At the Canterlot Wedding. After her defeat in Season 6. And finally during the climatic battle in S9 

Real love is mutual and caring between the people involved. It's the reason the true mutual love between Shining Armor and Cadance made Shining Armor's protection spell strong enough to send the Changelings blasting off again.

• Brohoof 3

Character-wise, gotta go with Pear Butter. Sweet, wholesome, sang one of the most beautiful love songs ever, and really caring. Despite the feud between the Pears and Apples, she has a very strong, independent morale, and it took a lot of courage for her to tell her father she’s staying with Bright Mac.

7 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Good mother? Chrysalis? Nonsense. After leaving her "children" to starve all the time? I don't think so. She was an abusive person who groomed her "children" to be deceitful and put herself on top. She even tried to suck the love and life energy out of Thorax, the one who made me see Changelings as more than just monsters.  She doesn't even know what real love is. Just how to exploit it for selfish gain.

Real love is mutual and caring between the people involved. It's the reason the true mutual love between Shining Armor and Cadance made Shining Armor's protection spell strong enough to send the Changelings blasting off again.

Yeah, I have to agree with you here. Chrysalis has always been abusive and egomaniacal. The fact that Thorax has a questioning opinion of Chrysalis’s thirst for conquest is enough for her to dump him. For her, “love” is just a platter to feast on. Even if she truly knew what real love is, she’s so defiant and stuck in her ways that she’ll do whatever it takes to keep her vision, consequences be damned. After Starlight and her gang of misfits saved Equestria, she never took responsibility for her own actions, instead rejecting Starlight’s help in exchange for a lust for vengeance. While being a caring mother’s really good fandom material, it doesn’t feel in character for her to do so canonically.

• Brohoof 5

Pear Butter is probably the best mother. From one episode, she managed to make a great impact on people, and she's loving and cute! :ButtercupLaugh: (<- using the only emoji available of her)

• Brohoof 6

One thing I've noticed is that all these parentsa are probably older than the Mane 6 were in the Last Problem, but somehow the Mane 6 look like they are a lot older because of the eyebags, Rarity's grey streak and so on. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

As for best mother, yeah Pear Butter must be it, but we never saw a lot of her (none of the parents really have much of a screen time tbh. 

49034986_maxresdefault(8).thumb.jpg.5db33b1044bcfb05fc66c61db5776508.jpg

This pic actually reminds me. One mother who we've seen appear multiple times is Mrs Cake. 

• Brohoof 5