Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a hard person or a soft person

Sparkleberry

(edited)

I probably come across as a hard person but that's mostly a defence mechanism to guard against people who are not so nice, I'm actually pretty soft when I let my guard down and start to trust people more.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud 🌈

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depends who I'm with. I'd say I have a general tendency to be hard towards most people, although that's not born out of unfriendliness as much as my generally taciturn demeanour towards people I'm not close with. When I'm around family or friends I try to calibrate my level of softness to theirs.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Depends on the situation and who's there. More often than not it's going to be soft, but there are times where there is the hard facade. Has to be a specific situation though.

I’m so soft my nickname might as well be “Marshmallow”. I cry easily, sleep with plushies, my bedroom is painted pink… can’t get much softer than that! :eager:

• Brohoof 1

I'm a softie when it comes down to it. That's pretty much a main component of my personality haha.

• Brohoof 2

I have heart, but that "softness" or "naivety" has been tempered into a refined blade. So, you could say my softeness has become hardened at the same time. So it is not a vulnerability, but the source of my strength, and unlike heartless hardness, it can be flexible, heartful. It is not fake. I do not pretend politeness. If there is someone I perceive to be wrong, or devilish, I unsheath.
It is who I am. Which is why there has been always so much tension between me and people of low morality, who are over abundant in this kind of world. They cannot stand that I do not submit, when they have bent over already. And sometimes, they want to make me fall with them, but when I do not, they have gone so far as to cry over it, or hiss like a wild animal. Very weird behaviour for an adult.

I am not false. So, never expects false manners or politeness from me. I say what I think as I see it. Which does not mean I am disrespectful, unless I consider that person has wrongness within. In life and dead. Which is good, especially, in a world like this. But it has gotten me into a lot of trouble. Because I cannot pretend. So, there is always a lot of tension in lawless environments. People of low morality react very violently without even knowing why. It is like I am a magnet for bad sorts. And it is because of the heart. The heart is the key. Do you remember his name?

Sometimes this feels like the apocalypse of abraham where the protagonist descends to the world below, a world of false light, and living shadows, not different from this place, which is a negative replica of the world above. You are constantly told "as above so bellow". And there is a very important truth hidden within those words, as to what regards the true nature of this "planet".

So, resist until the end. Keep the heart alive, heartseeker. Keep the heart alive, and turn it into your strength. Because this world seeks to attack the heart. And vulnerability is often exploited. And misrepresented, because that softness is truly your greatest source of strength. As long as it is tempered.
Not that this will mean much to any normal person on a forum about colorful magic horses, other than solidify their perception of my "mental instability". Hahaha.
But, I am who I am, in the end, and the beginning. Which is why I sometimes question the creator for the wrongness and evil of this world, and then I realize that according to these pseudopigraphical texts. This plane of existance is under the dominion of Azazel. The devil is the god of this world bellow, basically. It belongs to him, as opposed to the one above.
So, it is no wonder why I feel this "evil" emanate from absolutely everyone, to different degrees. Even myself. But everyone has the demon inside. That "hunger" deeper down. Well, let's say that I have a hunger that is equally potent, but it comes from the heart, from a time I experienced a love most divine in nature. Perfect love. What a word. And my heart remembers it, but my eyes and body do not feel it or see it in this mortal world, and it is the source of the emotional pain that hardens the blade with which I cut to peer deeper into this reality, to the point it truly breaks. And I become blind and lost again.
And most living creatures are devilish in the world bellow, big surprise. As opposed to the one above where love is sublime and every action is sacred. So, yeah. The very act of being in this world is difficult. But I have not been changed by this world. I still perceive the same wrongness I did as a child. And my heart remained the same.
While many have given up to the "demon" inside, I continue to struggle with myself, because I have the demon inside, in all reality. But also the heart to let me know it is wrong to give up.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...