Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any races on the show you didn't like?

Azureth

(edited)

Still need to catch up so might need to update this.

Reformed Changelings. Wasn't a fan of the major and sudden changes to a unique species. Had they split the hive up then maybe I could have gotten on board.

Diamond Dogs. They sit in this obnoxious balance of almost being able to be written off but fitting in more than ever thanks to the massive diversification of species in later seasons. It's a pain because they weren't ever revisited and developed further, but they're more concrete than bat ponies which fricken awesome.

Societal Dragons. I had fun with seeing how young dragons interact, but adding this much higher degree of intelligence with an actual culture, assigning leadership, family units, just took away from that classic big monster trope that we've romanticized. It also really complicates the relationship between themselves and dragons, because how would they have been held accountable when burning down a village? What about polluting an area with their slumbering smoke? Is it really an individual issue or an international one? It raises too many questions, and on top of all that, complicated Spike's age dilemma.

Edit 1:

Breezies. While I love the thought of one having to appear in court, they only exist to sell toys and have no impact. Imagine the mayhem they could cause! Sure they'll never establish a trade network because they can barely support themselves, but imagine hiring them to find a secret document or something.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 1

The hyppogriffs for sure. Artificial sea ponies that add nothing to the show, only carried over from the crap movie where they were arrogant and not helpful. Definitely wish they didnt exist. 

• Brohoof 4

Do humans count? Or are we talking only about the main series? If so, then probably the crystal ponies. I can't say I dislike them, but they felt underdeveloped.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't like all the new creatures or monsters brought in with MLP the Movie.

I was also very uninterested in the Pinkie + Yak episodes. I think they portrayed the Yak's to be a society of slow/stupid/primitive characters, and I don't know what their main goal of that was... To make us aware that there are primitive groups among us that we should learn to accept?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The yaks were some of the most grating creatures they ever produced and I still don't see what fucking value the writers saw in them to give them so much attention

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

They were never fully introduced as a race, but if Capper's personality was any indication, i wouldn't be a fan of the Abbysinians.

(edited)

I wasn't a fan of the Dragons.

It felt like they never really had a change of heart like the other creatures did & always disliked the ponies for no real reason. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

I really didn’t like the yaks when they were first introduced. Yona didn’t help decrease that distaste with how annoying she was. I didn’t hate them as much as I used to but they are definitely down there in the ranks. I also didn’t care much for the hippogriffs because they didn’t get much screen time so they were pretty uninteresting.

• Brohoof 2

Everyone says the yaks and honestly I have to agree they mostly felt annyoing and obnoxious. Guess they share a lot of similarities with myself huh.

To be fair thinking about it I actually don't really enjoy the other races in the show. I still don't really get why ponies aren't enough really and in their wide varieties. Other then maybe the dragons I feel most of the other races don't really add much to the world. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I wasn't a fan of the Dragons.

It felt like they never really had a change of heart like the other creatures did & always disliked the ponies for no real reason. 

But.......But Spike! He's Twilight and Shining Armor's baby brother! They fully admitted to it!

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I wasn't too fond of he Running of the leaves. We never did find out who won. 

Not that kind of race! LOL!

But seriously, in my opinion, I don't have a race I hate. They all grew on me.

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Well that sounds kinda racist. 

You were the one who was talking about races that involved running from start to finish when the topic is about different creatures species throughout the series from Changelings to dragons to yaks

(Don't take that previous sentence seriously. I was joking)

And I seriously don't hate any of them.

19 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

You were the one who was talking about races that involved running from start to finish when the topic is about different creatures species throughout the series from Changelings to dragons to yaks. And I seriously don't hate any of them

Dude. 

It was a pun. 

6 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This would Neighsay's favorite thread :orly:

"Hey everypony, so what I miss?"   

1806696 - chancellor neighsay, friendship university, pony, safe ...

"And I don't like you, traitor" 

Chancellor Neighsay - Fimfiction

I’m only kidding. :laugh: I don’t hate any of the races but the yaks would be last on my list of my favorite.

• Brohoof 1