Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equestria actually a post-apocalyptic Earth?

Azureth

I don't think it is, as I think that Equestria is in another world altogether. I mean, there are no other planets out there, so that is one thing that hints to Equestria being in a different realm. The sun and the moon don't raise themselves either.

• Brohoof 2

I enjoyed this theory though thinking of it like adventure time. Yet somehow I don't really think it is plausible given say like the moon and sun having to be raised I guess flat earth theorists would love it. Yet then again what would the apocalypse have been and why would there be ponies rather then humans. I mean I don't know I like this theory yet I feel if it was you'd hint more at it somehow I'm not quite sure actually. 

The world of equestria is plenty dark as is yet post apocalyptic I don't know. I mean if someone could explain to me a little better their theory I could be game but as of now I am not sure of that.

• Brohoof 1

Idk know about that much like fallout which they have a comic set in fallout world but I would love to be in the mlp world surrounded by the cute and sexy ponies😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

• Brohoof 2

There are some sign that ponies live in a post-human world. Many objects they use were clearly made for humanoids, there are some human- and human hand-shaped objects in use, "French" is referenced a couple of times in the show, and it is unclear whether "French ponies" exist, they also measure in feet. So, humans might have existed in Equestria, but then were wiped out by the alicorns disappeared for some reason.

• Brohoof 1

@Soaring Symphony Had this to say on 

"My headcanon is that Equestria is a post-apocalyptic Earth in the distant future and the land that would become Equestria was once North America."

"Heck it could be that bringing magic from Equestria into the human world is what eventually transformed it into Equestria to begin with.  I know that's a bootstrap paradox because it begs the question of where the magic came from in the first place, but then again "It's About Time" happened which showed Twilight getting info on where to find a time-travel spell from her time-travelling future self, so I guess bootstrap paradoxes are somehow just okay in this universe?"

While I love the concept, It's not what I follow personally. I had this whole thing about the sentient species of Equestria following these migratory routes based on our IRL ice age since the founding of Equestria is based around the three pony tribes relocating after their homeland was ravaged by the Wendigos. Basically it'd be an alternate earth which I still stick by their world being based on ours, but the several changes to the official map have messed with this quite a bit, especially with Somnambula being in what would technically be the southwest of North America, and being styled like Ancient Egypt. I like to think that they followed a mixed up history closely aligning with ours up until about World War 1 or 2, but their world war was actually a war to end all wars, and we saw a reversal of technological achievement because of them being used to such a disastrous affect, that places like the Griffon Kingdom and elsewhere never really recovered, and Equestria just banned things to become this isolated utopia until recently. There's more to it that'll be expanded on eventually.

• Brohoof 1

But why did the sun and moon stop orbiting the Earth? (I know that's not correct, but still the question is). If it is post-apocalyptic, there should/must be human remains in history.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, Super Splashee said:

But why did the sun and moon stop orbiting the Earth? (I know that's not correct, but still the question is). If it is post-apocalyptic, there should/must be human remains in history.

My idea was that they're artificial satellites that were put in orbit after earth was thrown out of the solar system.

• Brohoof 2

No, because no matter how bad the humans screwed themselves up, the stellar bodies wouldnt change into how they work in equestria

Like for real, there are also the theories that say equestria's solar system is completely different from ours

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

My idea was that they're artificial satellites that were put in orbit after earth was thrown out of the solar system.

I like that idea! That's kinda scary as well :oh_golly:

I don't wanna know what happened to poor Earth. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Eh, it's better off with ponies than humans.

Only if there are humans worshiping them, or at least "shipping" them. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Mmm I don't buy that theory at all. I'm more eager to believe, that Equestria normally exists at this very moment, far, far beyond our reach. Like, in their own solar system of some sort. You never know how far the spaaaaaaaace goes. :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Considering we live in an ever expanding universe in which there are likely more galaxies than grains of sand on Earth I tend to think of it as either a separate world or even a separate universe where the laws pf physics, as we understand them, just do not exist. I tend to think of a post-apocalyptic Earth as being somewhat limiting in scope, but that's just me.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I believe that we live in a multiverse, so the ponies probably live in an Earth in another universe. As someone else pointed out, magic can occur since the laws of physics of that universe are likely to be different to the laws of physics of our universe. 

Edited by Princess of Bolts ⚡🔥⚡
  • Brohoof 2