Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 8 DVD

Fluttershutter

image.png.c0f772d657fabf5fe97dc87b50343d60.png

Looks like it is going to be cropped to 4:3. Awesome, I'll be able to watch it on an older TV. Why? Don't most people have widescreen TVs by now? New content on TV is 16:9 and even older content sometimes gets cropped to 16:9 (which is awful).

On the Picture it says NTSC, so it is not Region free i believe but it is still cool that someone else continues the DVD Releases. But if they  would also come out in germany is a complete different Thing. :lie: We havent even gotten Season 7 yet. :(

22 minutes ago, Lex Destrosio said:

so it is not Region free

That's not a big problem.

22 minutes ago, Lex Destrosio said:

But if they  would also come out in germany is a complete different Thing.

That would probably mean at least the menus would be translated, even if the episodes themselves included the original soundtrack. Which may be good for you, but definitely not for me :twismile:

I would like if there was a BluRay version of the complete season. 

2 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

That would probably mean at least the menus would be translated, even if the episodes themselves included the original soundtrack. Which may be good for you, but definitely not for me :twismile:

I would like if there was a BluRay version of the complete season. 

? Not quite sure what you mean. I meant that it is a different Thing if such a DVD box set will come out in Germany, with my Region Code and my language.

I can watch them in english as well, but if there is a chance i would like to have them in my language and support the people that do the work required to release it in my Country.

A Bluray release would also be nice, even though it is unlikely that that happens here, since we only got the first 2 Seasons on blurays before they decided to go with DVDs and i am pretty sure here in Germany we now have at least 3 different companys that released this DVD box sets.

The first one did the blurray Releases, the second company only released Season 3 and let that become out of print so that it is sold as rare for a much higher price and the third Company released Seasons from 4 to 6 but with the wrong Episode Speed, apparently the epiosdes are Speed up a bit for whatever reason. So our Releases are kinda messed up. :laugh:

16 minutes ago, Lex Destrosio said:

Not quite sure what you mean. I meant that it is a different Thing if such a DVD box set will come out in Germany, with my Region Code and my language.

I would rather watch a show with the original soundtrack. If I do not understand the language, then I prefer subtitles instead of dubs.

Region code does not really matter, especially for DVDs (at least for me). A long time ago, I used to rent and watch a lot of movies, the movies were on DVD with a mix of Region 1 and Region 2/5. I had to figure out how to get around the region locking if I wanted to watch the movies.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

Looks like it is going to be cropped to 4:3. Awesome, I'll be able to watch it on an older TV. Why? Don't most people have widescreen TVs by now? New content on TV is 16:9 and even older content sometimes gets cropped to 16:9 (which is awful).

Hopefully that's a mistake but you can still watch it on a widescreen tv, you'll just have black bars

7 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

That's not a big problem.

I made an old dvd player region free but now I have a bluray player and I hear that's harder. :okiedokieloki:

Just now, Fluttershutter said:

Hopefully that's a mistake but you can still watch it on a widescreen tv, you'll just have black bars

It depends on how it was converted. If it was letterboxed, sure, I'll just have lower resolution. However, it it was cropped, then I will not see the whole picture.

Just like when I am buying laserdiscs - I always look for letterboxed versions and not pan&scan.

1 minute ago, Fluttershutter said:

I made an old dvd player region free but now I have a bluray player and I hear that's harder.

I have a PC connected to my big TV, so that's not a problem for me.