Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last time you visited the Zoo?

Splashee

So, when was the last time you visited the Zoo?

What was your favorite animal there?

----------

I visited the zoo last time in 2010. The seals were the favorite animal there. Very cute :catface:

• Brohoof 2

It has been at least a decade, which is a shame. I absolutely adore going to the zoo. It is always a treat to see so many different creatures up close. Elephants are always my favorite to watch but I also love giraffes. :) I would love to go again within the next year if at all possible.

• Brohoof 3

15 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

So, when was the last time you visited the Zoo?

What was your favorite animal there?

----------

I visited the zoo last time in 2010. The seals were the favorite animal there. Very cute :catface:

Last time was like in 2010, where we visited the zoo on a primary school trip.

Can;t remember much about the actual visit tho

• Brohoof 1

The last time I went to the zoo was about 5 years ago. It was for a class assignment, so I didn't get to enjoy myself as much as I would've liked. Still, it was fun.

• Brohoof 2

I remember it being for Biology class at my community college. I believe that was in the Spring semester of 2011.

• Brohoof 2

The last time I went to the zoo was a long ass f*ckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo... er... wait... no, that's not quite right...  :laugh:

About a decade ago.  Twas the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado that I went to.  Beautiful establishment.  I got to watch two grizzlies swimming and having a splash fight just inches from my face.  Amazing.  It's certainly exciting to see such magnificent creatures up close, however, zoos are monstrously unethical unless they are a rehabilitation sanctuary for injured animals or those who can't survive in the wild for some reason, or a sanctuary for endangered species to try to protect them and get their numbers up before releasing them.  Simply capturing healthy animals and imprisoning them solely for our own amusement is barbaric and should be illegal.  I'm not up on the current news in this area, but I believe most zoos these days are in fact the ethical variety that I described.

• Brohoof 2

Oh gosh, must be 12 or 13 years ago?  Last zoo I went to was the philly zoo when I lived in the area.  Was kinda disappointed that they didn't have a butterfly hut like the Detroit zoo does and I think going there was a spur of the moment thing from my mom since we were driving in the area and she was like, "hey do you want to check out the zoo?!" it was nearing closing time by the time we found a parking spot and actually got to the zoo but it was fine, didn't really get to see much though.

• Brohoof 2

It's been a such a long time that I can't remember. :mlp_blink:

I remember one time when I went to one on a school trip to a zoo, I befriended a monkey. We just sat facing eachother on opposite sides of the glass, he got really excited when he saw my watch and started tapping the glass at it. I love getting reactions from monkeys. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

Wow. It was actually right before large venues started to close down in March. We cancelled a cruise as we were not about to take any chances with that nonsense so Cindy and I took a trip to Tampa (where we had dinner with @~C. Discord~ ). We caught a museum and the zoo while we were there. 

Anyway, I normally visit my local zoo a few times a year. Zip line fun over elephants is always worth a smile!

• Brohoof 1

Last year since it was a free zoo day, although I prefer going to the aquarium instead. My favorite place to visit are the reptiles especially the crocodiles and large snakes. 

• Brohoof 1

The last time I visited one that was active was Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle sometime in September I think, however I normally work at a petting zoo during the summer and visited it during the off season about a month ago. It felt strange because at the time we weren't entirely sure if it'd be able to reopen this year, (It won't) and a lot of work had been halted on major maintenance, but it looked like they finished the major parts, and I expect it'll open back up in 2021 after they put all of this effort in so recently.

• Brohoof 1

Back in 2008 I think. I loved the panther and girraffe and penguins and birds and snakes and basically everything there. I do want to go there again someday.

• Brohoof 1

I went to the Jacksonville Zoo a few years ago with some friends, it was fun. The highlight of my day was feeding the giraffes. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I will probably try to go to the largest zoo here in Sweden, not too long from now. They have a line zip as well! And dolphins (I hope they still have)

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I will probably try to go to the largest zoo here in Sweden, not too long from now. They have a line zip as well! And dolphins (I hope they still have)

Dooopphhhinnns!

I was obsessed with dolphins as a kid cause they’re so cute :catface:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

Dooopphhhinnns!

I was obsessed with dolphins as a kid cause they’re so cute :catface:

I cannot tell if they are still there. There has been law changes here in Sweden, what wild animals to keep, etc. It was a big debate about 8 years ago, and a lot changed.

Also, what's a "Dophins"? :wacko: