Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What I feel we should've had instead of Pony Life

Plonkett

Instead of having Pony Life, I think it would've been better if we had a one-off serial series animated with Toon Boom Harmony, just like how Rainbow Road Trip was done. The things it could have are a well rounded story mixing comedy, drama, action, adventure, and darker and more emotional themes, a cinematic musical score, and compelling villains. Overall, the series could have a slightly more mature tone, but still being appealing to all audiences. Like each season of the show (except S3), it can have 26 episodes, giving plenty of room for the story.

Think that would've been good?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I’d rather not have another 26 episodes of the show having its head lodged deep up its own ass

Edited by Kiryu⚡Chan
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, vgmaster9 said:

Instead of having Pony Life, I think it would've been better if we had a one-off serial series animated with Toon Boom Harmony, just like how Rainbow Road Trip was done. The things it could have are a well rounded story mixing comedy, drama, action, adventure, and darker and more emotional themes, a cinematic musical score, and compelling villains. Overall, the series could have a slightly more mature tone, but still being appealing to all audiences. Like each season of the show (except S3), it can have 26 episodes, giving plenty of room for the story.

Perhaps - but that sounds more expensive than the regular show. Hasbro wants something cheaper

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

At this point, almost anything would be be better than Pony Life tbh. 

But yeah as someone said before, Hasbro just wants to make more profit lol so they would prefer something cheaper.

I'll tell you what we should have had instead of Pony Life: nothing.  Nothing at all.  A true and final retirement of these characters.  Why can't any story ever end?  Why can't any franchise ever just have a good ending and then leave it alone?  Just make a new thing with new characters.

Pony Life might still be good. I have my doubts, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I woulda preferred some Toon Boom 44-minute specials taking place between Ending of the End and The Last Problem. Like, maybe three. One focusing on the Mane Six, one for Starlight and the Student 6, and one for Spike! A last chance to finish some unfinished story arcs.

1 hour ago, FlareGun45 said:

Pony Life might still be good. I have my doubts, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I woulda preferred some Toon Boom 44-minute specials taking place between Ending of the End and The Last Problem. Like, maybe three. One focusing on the Mane Six, one for Starlight and the Student 6, and one for Spike! A last chance to finish some unfinished story arcs.

Why not one for the Royal Sisters too?

1 hour ago, FlareGun45 said:

They can be with the Mane Six or Spike in their parts. Maybe Spike's.

Leaning on more of Spike's.
Though I prefer the Royal Sisters getting one too as well. Just well.. I think Celestia and (especially) Luna could get something since well.. it felt like they weren't done enough justice in the finale honestly..

On 5/27/2020 at 12:50 AM, vgmaster9 said:

I hate Toon Boom Harmony :smolder:

I rather have one season of Equestria Girls instead of Pony Life. While waiting for G5 of course. But let's see what Pony Life offers instead of blaming it before it's premiere.