Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What was the first music you listened?

Reecejackox

While this should be very difficult to answer, I actually figured it out by logic.

Most of my music (as music composer) keeps following the same pattern to a specific, which all have a root in the potential first song I heard (from the crib):

:( Can't get more nostalgic to me as listening to this with a summer breeze through the window.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

i used to love the beatles. 'all you need is love' was definitely my first favourite song. i think they're a bit boring now tho, and my taste has changed a lot since i was little. i mostly listen to rap now

Edited by HomuraAkemi
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's impossible to answer that question! Unless my parents know? IDK.

I'll just go with the song that brings back the earliest memories:

It was released several years before I was born, so seeing when it was release didn't help me any. Lol. However, I will say hearing this song brings up a flash of a memory of my vantage point from laying in my crib. The room was dark. Oh wow. It's so weird pulling that memory up. o.o

That doesn't mean it was on in that moment, but this song was definitely heard by me in my early childhood. And that makes sense given what stations my parents liked to listen to.

Edited by Envy

It might actually be the MechWarrior 2 soundtrack, from what I can remember. I think this song from the Ghost Bear's Legacy expansion was my favorite.

Spoiler

Or, it could be this song. Other than game soundtracks and edgy Warrior Cats pmv's and amv's, my access to music was whatever songs my sister downloaded from itunes, so I guess I have her (and the edgy Warrior Cats music videos) to thank for my current tastes in music.

Spoiler

I feel compelled to say something from either Barney or Adam's World. :P But if we are talking about released music from artist, I would say something by Daud Wharnsby Ali or Raihan.

But honestly it is hard to say. I mean recently I just suddenly rediscover this song that I used to hear (probs on the radio) when I was younger that I kind of forgot that I did until I turned it on because a band I know sang it once during their show. It was a fancy experience.

When I was a baby it was a CD of lullabies but when I got a little older I listened to a lot of Hall and Oates and other 80s songs. I listened to Keith Urban a lot too but I don’t really care for country unless it’s Carrie Underwood.

• Brohoof 1

How are you people remembering this?! :wacko: I can’t  even remember my first word :ButtercupLaugh:

18 hours ago, TBD 🚬 said:

How are you people remembering this?! :wacko: I can’t  even remember my first word :ButtercupLaugh:

It depends. For me I remember because I listened to all my childhood cassettes when I was older. Now i don't have them anymore because they either broke or got lost somewhere, but thanks to Internet, you can get back what was lost if you are lucky.

But the actual first is probably impossible to remember. Just take the example of hearing some song on the radio in the car, as a new born. I am thinking about the first conscious thing that you remember as part of the song. I remember a lot of 70s songs because they used more live orchestra instruments instead of digital or analog synthesizers. Being logical, you can take a piece of your history that you remember, like a story book on a cassette, or a movie, and listen to the sound track. Eventually you just know which song that made you feel something special, and that must be it!
My first song was very sad sounding, and it made me cry when I was a baby, I am sure. Now I think it is really cool to listen to because it has such a strong emotion to it, that it can almost make me cry in the same way as before I could even speak.

(edited)

Michael Jackson, Duran Duran, Chicago, Genesis, The Fixx, Talking Heads, Slade, Devo, ABBA, Styx, Europe, etc. That's what my parents have listened to all my life. I eventually stopped liking a lot of it cause I couldn't stop associating it with my parents but I like most of it now. And a little later in my life my dad introduced me to some of the music my mom hates and never gave us a chance to hear before and some of that stuff is some of the best stuff out there in my opinion, like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, and The Clash.

Edited by BlankFlank777
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

First music ever? Mitch Miller probably. My grandpa gave a lot of them to my dad, and they filtered down to me. They had a good catchy bounciness to them and I liked to sing along to music I could understand the lyrics to.

• Brohoof 1

This, Stevie Ray Vaughan’s Pride and Joy and Love Struck Baby are the three first songs I loved if memory serves. I remember sitting by my dad’s stereo and alternating between those three songs. 

I met Robben Ford at one of his concerts when I was like 5. He took a picture with me, gave me an autograph, and Even gave me his guitar pick from that concert. I still have all of them!

• Brohoof 1

Having heard many songs and music during my childhood, I took a very long time until I understood the lyrics or what they were all about.

Can't tell for sure. My father would always put that old 60's-70's dad rock like Jimmy Jendrix and Deep Purple, and my mother was all about 80's pop (both in english and spanish). And the cranberries. Dreams is a song I recall from my youngest days, along with The house of the rising sun, Never gonna give you up and many others. I guess it was most likely rock.

• Brohoof 1