Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming First videogame you played ?

Soultensionb

I'm a 90s kid (probably pushing it a bit, considering I was 4 in 1999), so classic Pokemon was probably my first game. I remember a bunch of kids and me crowding around this one guy with a new Gameboy, trying to see what was going on. Good times.

• Brohoof 1

Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt on NES :)   I think it was in 1991.  I begged my parents for a NES, but eventually my grandmother got it for me.... without their permission I think, lol

I'm pretty sure it was at an old day-care centre that I played Super Mario Bros. 2 on their set-up. This was 1999, I think. For a three year old, I was okay at it :P Beat the first level, not sure how much further I got.

My first game that I owned myself was Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle 3 on the Gameboy Colour. Again, I think it was 1999. Being three, I could only beat the first level, ended up completing that game two years later.

I cannot remember the first game that I ever played. It was such a long time ago. My memory doesn't work well the further back in time I try to remember. I do know that I started early, as most do. I feel like I may of played the Atari first, as I vaguely remember playing Pitfall, but that could be a delusion. If it wasn't the Atari, then definitely the NES. Most likely game I played first on the NES would have been either Mario or Duck Hunt, maybe even Zelda or Metroid.

I think the first game I ever played was GoldenEye007 when I was five with my big brother...(yeah great influence), and I beat him on it. Though he probably let me win since he was double my age, but for me that was the greatest victory of my little lifetime at that time.

Hm.. Going to have to think alot, I'm not totally sure I remember.. Unless you wanna count all the dumb learning games i played when I was like 3 Xd.

Well I think the first console I had was a PS2, but I'm pretty sure I had a gameboy or something before that.

I wanna say Pokemon Firered or something, but I'm not sure if thats right, I mean heck I have pokemon Silver, gold, and soulsilver.

I feel like it would make more sense to say Soulsilver, thats the early one I remember playing, I know I had other games but I don't remember for sure much about them or even if my PS2 was before my gameboy's or not.

I have the weirdest scattered inaccurate memory ever :P. I was born in 97, so I'm not really a 90's kid like the good bit of others here, so no SNES or NES or something of that era unfortunately :/.

I played my first video game in 2003, when I was about 5. My family still had an N64, and I would spend hours playing Mario Kart, SSB, etc.

Edited by ~Vallo~
  • Brohoof 2

First I played?  No idea.  First I owned was A Bugs Life, a very underrated 3D platformer.  The other oldest games I remember playing are Spider-Man ps1, Twisted Metal III, and Silent Hill (which is my 3rd favorite game).  Also Super Mario Bros. of course.

• Brohoof 1

The first game that I can remember playing was Dark Forces (which came before dark foces II: Jedi Knight which had the sequal Jedi Knight II:Outcast which had the sequal Jedi knight III: Academy). And it is still one of my favorite game series of all time.

I'm sure I played educational games before that, but I just cant remember.

• Brohoof 1

I dont recall what the first video game i ever played was, but i remember playing Driver alot on the PS1 when i was young, that came out in 1999. But i also remember playing Pokemon Yellow, not sure if that pre-dates it.

The first game I ever remember playing in either Super Mario world on the SNES, or Donkey Kong Country, on the GBA. I think it may have been DKC, though. I remember getting my GBA for Chrismas when I was in first grade, along with DKC and a few other games. DKC was the first game I played, though. I don't think I rediscovered my dad's SNES until second grade.

Oh man, I've been playing games my whole life, so it's hard to remember what my first game was.

I think the first video game of any sort that I remember playing was probably "Miner 2049er", a simplistic platform game that was released on multiple computers.  The version I played was on the Apple II.

The first arcade game I played was Pac-Man, and the first pinball game I played was Haunted House.  (My parents owned both of these, as well as a Tempest cocktail cabinet.)

The first console game for me was Astrosmash! on the Intellivision.  You move a turret left and right on the ground and shoot rocks, missiles and UFOs that are falling from the sky (or shooting at you).

...you young whippersnappers!  Get off my lawn! ;)

• Brohoof 1

First game ever? Tough to say... it would have been either Defender, Centipede, or Bubble Ghost on Commodore64.

First PC game? Shareware Doom.

First console game? Super Mario Bros.

• Brohoof 3

First game ever?Pokemon Blue.That s*** was so cash back in the day as a kid.Felt like a bona-fide BAMF when I got my Charzard to lv100.

First console game would have to be the original Crash Bandicoot game on PS1.It's still pretty fun to play today as well,but not as good as Warped as,in my humble opinion.

First PC game?That's a toughie.It was...either Total Annihilation (best RTS game out there period),MechWarrior 3,or some Play-Doh game I vaguely remember.

• Brohoof 1

Final Fantasy Legend II (originally known as SaGa II in Japan). Not only is it my first, but it still remains my favorite. I just love the battle system and music.

I had a friend over and we found my mom's Gameboy collection (it was the gray brick model, she got it as a time killer for she she had downtime at work), with her permission she let me play it along with the other games she had. Eventually in...96? My parents got me my own Gameboy for my birthday (a GB Color!) along with a GB Camera and Printer.

Then the first game bought with my own money was Pokemon Yellow. Which I had been dying to get after seeing how it was so much like FFL II.

I also ended up using that printer cable more than the printer itself, for all my Pokemon battles/trades. LOL!

EDIT: Mentioning PC games too huh? Er, thats harder for me to pinpoint, as I was playing games on my mom's Mac longer and more so than her Gameboy....SimAnt? I think. Or was it some other educational game? *shrug*

Edited by SailorCardKnight

I think the first game I ever played was Trog, a pac-man like game for the nes. It's were your a dinosaur collecting eggs while avoiding cavemen. Its two player so one day it was just me and my dad sitting at the tv and I'm guessing he needed a second player :)