Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Life Bad

Steve Piranha

Well, we all know there are some... mixed feeling regarding Pony Life. It has died down until recently when official pictures of three of the Mane Six (so far) have been doing opposite activities of themselves. It’s a war zone out there :scoots:

Dear hardcore pony supporters: Pony Life isn’t FIM. It won’t have depth FIM had. So it’s understandably some want to opt out of it. Being fan of G4 doesn’t mean supporting every single thing it comes out from it, and whoever decides to not do it isn’t less of a fan.

HOWEVER, this is mostly toward the hardcore opposers: this is a gag series with FIM as it’s source material. It’s not supposed to be taken seriously. You are free to not watch it. You are likely not missing anything regarding the Mane Six in depth or expanding the lore because it’s clear the show won’t go to that direction. But don’t bring cringe fest stating this is an insult to FIM and it’ll be as bad as Teen Titans Go. In fact, this is becoming TTG all over. Unfounded and intense hatred for expecting something more serious for going in a more comedic direction.

• Brohoof 7

21 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, we all know there are some... mixed feeling regarding Pony Life. It has died down until recently when official pictures of three of the Mane Six (so far) have been doing opposite activities of themselves. It’s a war zone out there :scoots:

Dear hardcore pony supporters: Pony Life isn’t FIM. It won’t have depth FIM had. So it’s understandably some want to opt out of it. Being fan of G4 doesn’t mean supporting every single thing it comes out from it, and whoever decides to not do it isn’t less of a fan.

HOWEVER, this is mostly toward the hardcore opposers: this is a gag series with FIM as it’s source material. It’s not supposed to be taken seriously. You are free to not watch it. You are likely not missing anything regarding the Mane Six in depth or expanding the lore because it’s clear the show won’t go to that direction. But don’t bring cringe fest stating this is an insult to FIM and it’ll be as bad as Teen Titans Go. In fact, this is becoming TTG all over. Unfounded and intense hatred for expecting something more serious for going in a more comedic direction.

Considering that as far as I know, Pony Life has only been shown as YouTube series for fun and not shown on TV to be the next big thing, I say just let the people who legitimately enjoy this series enjoy and leave the "Pony Life ruined FiM" complaining attitude buried in the ground. 

If you ask me, some people need to lighten up and not let a simple Lighter and Softer mini series like Pony Life ruin the legacy of Friendship is Magic. We still have the original G4 show to watch.  Heck, a lot of people seems to enjoy the Equestria Girl digital spin-off series on YouTube and not making a big fuss there. So Pony Life being treated as a scapegoat for complainers to get angry about is something I don't agree with.

• Brohoof 2

I just hope the Mane Six are still the Mane Six we know and adore, regardless of the change in appearance.

Also, the reason I refuse to ever watch EqG is because I don't approve of the way it looks like it's trying to be hip and trendy, when FiM has always had a timeless, feelgood atmosphere to it that makes it so enduring. I only hope Pony Life won't have those problems. :please:

• Brohoof 3

I think I've already thrown in my two cents about this enough times. I'll watch it if I find it's surprisingly good, I'll tune it out if it's bad, and I'll tune out the people incessantly going on about how bad it is regardless. It's just a kids cartoon, and since I know that defense is old, look at it this way. The same way Equestria Girls didn't stymie FiM, this is not going to stymie the future of the franchise like "CHINA IS...YOU KNOW!" has stymied the Season 10 comic. :dry: Just harmless fun meant to tide the wait for G5, though I'd understand you wanting to find fun elsewhere.   

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

When I saw the trailer, I didn't like it and the trailer was out of place and the characters. I like MLP clay shorts..wish that was Pony Life. MLP clay shorts didn't hurt FiM. The mane six are cute in clay. If Pony Life did air episodes, I prefer clay shorts more than Pony Life. Hopefully G5 is good when it come out next year.

Edited by Cl0udChaser

So is Pony Life the stop-motion videos, or one with 'normal' animation? I've seen some pictures of the Mane 6 with different designs, but that's really it. If it's the former, I'll pass on this one. If it's something yet to come out, I'll definitely give it a chance. I can deal with a wackier version of MLP, considering I'm one of the few people who liked Teen Titans Go. If it's the same entirely non-serious butchering of the setting and the characters, I'm in.

I don't have to watch a western chibi show to know what's going on inside, and I don't care. Still, to those of you who feel the need to shill for Pony Life, don't start complaining when G5 has the same Mane 6 with a different spin.

P.S: And this is how you actually spin a chibi SoL that's not just a braindead distraction tool for toddlers:

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

People are comparing Pony Life to Teen Titans Go, and for me, as a long time OG Teen Titans fan, from what I saw, I feel it's gonna take the Teen Titans Go route unfortunately. The writers seem to try too hard to put humour in, which ruins all the opportunities for a good laugh. It's like the 2016 Ghostbusters that failed hard. When creators deliberately force humor into something, you know they're trying too hard.

It's why I am not looking forward to Pony Life. 

• Brohoof 1

Everything about Pony Life, from it being announced out of nowhere, to the fact that it looks like it's going to copy Teen Titans Go, points to it being a low-effort, slapped together product made so Hasbro can squeeze some more money out of G4.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Everything about Pony Life, from it being announced out of nowhere, to the fact that it looks like it's going to copy Teen Titans Go, points to it being a low-effort, slapped together product made so Hasbro can squeeze some more money out of G4.

Pretty much. Hasbro removed the trailer.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly have more interest in this than I do at ever finishing S9, and the art style has grown on me. I keep seeing people comparing it to Teen Titans Go, and besides the fact that people really need to let that fucking show go already(and, I know, that’s rich coming from me), Pony Life isn’t gonna carry the baggage that show does. Teen Titans ended on a cliffhanger with Go unceremoniously replacing it. MLP Got 9 seasons, a spin-off, a couple specials and a movie and still got a proper conclusion. It’s not like Pony Life is gonna change any of that

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Cl0udChaser said:

I bet they removed the trailer because even they thought that it was super cringe and bad :scoots:

I'm not looking forwards to Pony Life, it's not what I feel like the franchise deserved, after all the hard work that went into FIM over the course of nine years, all the lore and storytelling, this is what we get? really? A low-budget, TTG knock-off? Instead of Pony Life, you know what Hasbro and the production team should be working on? Putting all their creativity into making G5 the best possible series it can be. Having this weird Pony Life side-project is just going to suck some of that creative energy away from the production of G5.

I know that Hasbro is only making Pony Life as a hold-over series until G5 does eventually start in a few years so they can continue to make more pony toys until then, but regardless I'm still probably not going to watch it. I don't want to see the characters I know and love reduced to cut-outs of their former selves for random XD slapstick humor :unamused: 

(edited)
41 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

I bet they removed the trailer because even they thought that it was super cringe and bad :scoots:

I'm not looking forwards to Pony Life, it's not what I feel like the franchise deserved, after all the hard work that went into FIM over the course of nine years, all the lore and storytelling, this is what we get? really? A low-budget, TTG knock-off? Instead of Pony Life, you know what Hasbro and the production team should be working on? Putting all their creativity into making G5 the best possible series it can be. Having this weird Pony Life side-project is just going to suck some of that creative energy away from the production of G5.

I know that Hasbro is only making Pony Life as a hold-over series until G5 does eventually start in a few years so they can continue to make more pony toys until then, but regardless I'm still probably not going to watch it. I don't want to see the characters I know and love reduced to cut-outs of their former selves for random XD slapstick humor :unamused: 

I hope G5 is good when it come around. G4 did had passion and care. I do agree that Hasbro should be working on putting a team together and brainstorm new ideas to make the title relevant. During FiM on TV...me and my brother agree that after FiM is over, you will never a show like this on tv...if G5 is good.

Edited by Cl0udChaser
  • Brohoof 2

:baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane:

Pony Life will create a conflict, that's 100% true!

But here is the deal. This is the pure test of the fandom. The Bronies themselves. Will they sink to the level of the trolls, which attacked them 10 years ago when FIM was new? It is the true test, to see who is the most Brony, or who is the most fanatic of the Friendship Is Magic series. Who's willing to fight a losing battle against Hasbro. Who's willing to attack other Bronies for accepting or not accepting Pony Life.

I have seen this war before, in the Sonic Community. I have seen flame wars being created over tiny things that the official team made to change the characters that we fans wanted full control over.

Pony Life will be the ultimate test, for the Brony. For the MLP fandom. And I will have front seat tickets to this. Show me what you stand! Show me if you are a true Friendship Is Magic believer. Or maybe you are just here for battle and trolling?

For me, I welcome Pony Life. I think it is hilarious. I accept the art. It cannot be as disappointing and destructive as Equestria Girls. It is all about ponies after all!

• Brohoof 1

When I first saw the trailer, my thought was 'oh, another Teen Titans Go', and shut myself of it.  I wasn't about to join the crowds of folks blasting it, because I don't like blasting stuff (except Nazis, but that's different).

Slowly, over time, I became curious about the show; I watched some of the little comercials and the claymation shorts (which were adorable, by the way), and I began to think about it.  I would never have become a Brony if it weren't for me giving the show a try, albeit to make sure my daughter was watching quality stuff.  I fell for the show because of the characters and the general warm ambiance that it holds.

Am I expecting that from Pony Life?  Well, yes and no.

Yes, because I'm certain the fandom isn't lost on Hasbro, so they'll have nods and mentions for the Brony community that will make us smirk, at least - I'm faitly certain of that; it's a common trope in these sorts of things.  Plus, it'll still be the same voice actors, so they'll stll sound the same; good for me, because I have a good ear for voices, and I'd be distracted by new ones.

Aaaaaaaand no, because this ISN'T G5; it's just a little thing in between for kids and folks who like silly humor.  And there's nothing wrong with that, as it's spreading ponies to another audience.  In a way, it's like how I feel about the Star Wars saga; the newer stuff is good, but it'll never hold a candle to the originals... and that's okay; I don't blast the newer films, because they ARE good - I just prefer the older ones.  But that doesn't mean I dislike them at all.

THAT is what I'm hovering over, right now - Pony Life will be its' own thing, starring our beloved pones, and it'll be what it'll be.  I'll watch it to see what it's like, but if I don't like it?  I'll just say I don't care for it, and leave it at that.  Drama Bombs are for the younger generation; I'll take a cup of tea, a bag of chips, and a seat in front of my TV for Pony Life, and judge for myself.

(Honestly, if they don't have Blueblood, it's already an improvement.)

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Cl0udChaser said:

The fact that the trailer used a song titled, "Good as Hell" shows how poorly thought out it was.

When the trailer for your product is so poorly received that you take it off YouTube, that should tell you something.

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

:baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane::baconmane:

Pony Life will create a conflict, that's 100% true!

But here is the deal. This is the pure test of the fandom. The Bronies themselves. Will they sink to the level of the trolls, which attacked them 10 years ago when FIM was new? It is the true test, to see who is the most Brony, or who is the most fanatic of the Friendship Is Magic series. Who's willing to fight a losing battle against Hasbro. Who's willing to attack other Bronies for accepting or not accepting Pony Life.

I have seen this war before, in the Sonic Community. I have seen flame wars being created over tiny things that the official team made to change the characters that we fans wanted full control over.

Pony Life will be the ultimate test, for the Brony. For the MLP fandom. And I will have front seat tickets to this. Show me what you stand! Show me if you are a true Friendship Is Magic believer. Or maybe you are just here for battle and trolling?

For me, I welcome Pony Life. I think it is hilarious. I accept the art. It cannot be as disappointing and destructive as Equestria Girls. It is all about ponies after all!

Huh if you think EQG girls was disappointing lool, I can;t wait to see your reaction to Pony Life. I guarantee that PL would be like a hundredfold worse. 

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

Huh if you think EQG girls was disappointing lool, I can;t wait to see your reaction to Pony Life. I guarantee that PL would be like a hundredfold worse. 

But, I would say I am more prepared now.
Back in 2013, Equestria Girls actually stopped Friendship is Magic Season 3 in its tracks. And it made such an impact that FIM could never recover from.

Pony Life picks up the concept of Mane 6, and Slice of Life, which most Bronies would accept as fun to watch. It is not stopping Friendship is Magic. However, it is suppressing the way we will remember G4, as it is taking a very good concept, and gambling with it. And if it is not lucky, we will have a problem explaining to our children what the magic of G4 was all about. It complicates things.

So far, if Pony Life didn't use the same characters as the main show, we wouldn't have this problem. But then everyone would agree/disagree about it being G5 instead, and how good/bad it would represent G5.

I believe Pony Life might be better than G5, so I hope most of you will enjoy Pony Life. It all comes down to one thing: To not make it like Teen Titans Go. It is just that simple!

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Splashee said:

But, I would say I am more prepared now.
Back in 2013, Equestria Girls actually stopped Friendship is Magic Season 3 in its tracks. And it made such an impact that FIM could never recover from.

Pony Life picks up the concept of Mane 6, and Slice of Life, which most Bronies would accept as fun to watch. It is not stopping Friendship is Magic. However, it is suppressing the way we will remember G4, as it is taking a very good concept, and gambling with it. And if it is not lucky, we will have a problem explaining to our children what the magic of G4 was all about. It complicates things.

So far, if Pony Life didn't use the same characters as the main show, we wouldn't have this problem. But then everyone would agree/disagree about it being G5 instead, and how good/bad it would represent G5.

I believe Pony Life might be better than G5, so I hope most of you will enjoy Pony Life. It all comes down to one thing: To not make it like Teen Titans Go. It is just that simple!

I actually liked EQG. Sure it wasn;t as good as FIM, but I don;t see how it was dissapointing. It's only disappointing because it's being compared to FIM (which was a great show). When looked at by itself, EQG isn't that bad.

This is the same thing that happened to Avatar: The Legend of Korra. The show itself was actually quite good, but so many fans disregarded it because it just wasn't as good as its predecessor. The Legend of Korra had too much to live up to, so it's now looked at in a negative light.  The Last Airbender was as close to perfect that a cartoon could ever reach. It was virtually impossible to match it in the sequel.