Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Life Bad

Steve Piranha

I feel like this would have been better received if it were a web series instead of airing on TV.  It's just 5-11 minute cartoons with the OG voice actors (which I can appreciate, this might be the last time we see the mane 6 in action, sort of like a last hurrah kind of thing) but it doesn't seem that fit for live TV

But, that's just my take on it. 

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I really only watched like 4 episodes of this show. It wasn't keeping up with the character development of FIM (or anything for that matter). It felt very cheap.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

It felt very cheap.

Pony Life staff has admitted multiple times it's just meant to be quick filler to hold us over until G5

• Brohoof 1

(sighs) I did watch Pony Life from beginning to end, and man, it was painful. Not as bad as Newborn Cuties, but it feels it just copy off the success of Teen Titans Go. Nothing against that show or anything, but I really dislike the influential style of it by taking these characters that we come to know and love and make them super hyper, sugary fast, wacky, silly, and over the top that is just not fun to watch.

While it's nice to see the characters and the voice actors from G4 came back to reprise their roles, but everything else was very boring and forgettable. While the show does have it's fans, and I respect that, but it didn't really do it much for me.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Paleopony said:

I honestly don't like Pony Life. It feels like it's just filler to hold us over until the G5 movie.

That's because it is, even Pony Life's own staff has admitted as much

• Brohoof 1

I watched all of the show, and it was overall alright, even as I didn't enjoy the second season as much as the first. Season 2 was really short, and of course, they had to make Discord a huge a-hole right at the end AGAIN. Not a single episode of the show was particularly bad to me though, it's just funny to me how much it truly is quick filler. It came and went so fast, like it was just this massive sugar rush. I guess that explains why the show's notorious for being fast-paced and hyperactive. 

• Brohoof 3

I actually wound up enjoying Pony Life for what it is: A separate Universe from the FiM World(Though surprisingly featuring reprisals of most of the mane cast sans a few characters like Spike and Snips.).  And truth be told, I wouldn't mind another alternate universe featuring the Mane Six.  Maybe something along the lines of Looney Tunes.  Or maybe something a bit darker.

After all, I have a feeling that the Mane Six will get a new series following G5's conclusion.  They're too integrated into our culture because of how long they've been on the market, just like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Arcee and Grimlock of the Transformers, the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the Ninja Turtles, Batman, Spider-Man, Mario and Sonic, and various other forms of pop culture.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 2021-08-03 at 12:36 PM, SaburoDaimando said:

I actually wound up enjoying Pony Life for what it is: A separate Universe from the FiM World(Though surprisingly featuring reprisals of most of the mane cast sans a few characters like Spike and Snips.).  And truth be told, I wouldn't mind another alternate universe featuring the Mane Six.  Maybe something along the lines of Looney Tunes.  Or maybe something a bit darker.

After all, I have a feeling that the Mane Six will get a new series following G5's conclusion.  They're too integrated into our culture because of how long they've been on the market, just like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Arcee and Grimlock of the Transformers, the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the Ninja Turtles, Batman, Spider-Man, Mario and Sonic, and various other forms of pop culture.

Yeah, I think the Mane Six because THE face of MLP :mlp_icwudt:. I mean, the new Mane Five seem nice, but Mane Six probably won’t be. After all, they are the first ponies being actual characters, not random living props, which served as merc, but no one can say THEY are a main character

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, what were the people thinking when they came up with it? It looks utterly atrocious, it completely warps the message and plotline. They got rid of Maud for no reason. It's just a waste.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Starforce said:

Honestly, what were the people thinking when they came up with it? It looks utterly atrocious, it completely warps the message and plotline. It's just a waste.

My thoughts too. :dry:

I was there for the stream of the premiere and I was gone after not even five minutes. The less said about it, the better.

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 3

Personally, I think it's okay. I enjoyed the episodes I watched (admittedly, in a very surface level way), but I didn't really feel compelled to watch all of it. Then again, I haven't even watched all of Friendship is Magic, either, so maybe it's just my short attention span again.

A while back I watched about half of season one, but stopped due to it all feeling like a waste of time. The episodes hardly have what could be considered a plot, the characters are poorly written and don't actually act like their G4 counterparts (PL Fluttershy being a big example of that), the modern technology is random and distracting, and the animation and writing all feels very cheaply done (probably because it is). Along with that, the whole potion and power-up aspect of it was weird and didn't really have much of a purpose. Overall the series is pretty bad from what I've seen.

However, the series is so poorly written that it's hard to even take it seriously. The series isn't attempting to be taken seriously or actually be canon to FiM, and is just a chaotic series to sell toys in the gap between G4 and G5. So even though I don't like Pony Life and stopped watching it a while ago, I can't be too upset about it's existence. It's just a crappy, fast-pace, nonsensical show that isn't meant to be taken as something that is actually a part of the G4 MLP Canon.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...