Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should we start micro-chipping humans?

Muffinnz

Micro-chipping is already practiced on animals both large and small. Micro-chipping can provide advantages like fast communication of critical patient data in medical emergencies, seamless payment and automatically opened doors. But this could run the risk of leaked privacy.

(edited)

Only if it’s done with consent of the individual it’s being done to. 

Not by force, not giving parents the ability to  consent for their kids, not anything like that.  Only the individual themselves can choose whether they want it done or not. 

No way in hell am I gonna get microchipped though. 

Edited by AppleBolt ⚡️
  • Brohoof 10

1 minute ago, AppleBolt ️ said:

Only if it’s done with consent of the individual it’s being done to. 

Not by force, not giving parents the ability to  consent for their kids, not anything like that.  Only the individual themselves can choose whether they want it done or not. 

No way in hell am I gonna get microchipped though. 

Same feelings here. There should also be an age requirement for when the individual should be able to say for themselves to be microchipped. I’m thinking 17.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

No, not without consent anyway. As far as making it some law as I’ve seen suggested in the past, I will resist with violence and to the death against anyone who may try to force it upon me. 

Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 4

No and those who do want to are allowed to. Though don't be surprised when I steal all your data as you're literally too easily hackable to not do so. Yet there is also the privacy if someone wants this they are allowed to. It should never be something you have to do.

• Brohoof 2

Uh, no. Our cell phones are already tracking us, among other things. I don’t think we need any more government tracking devices added to the list thank you lol.

• Brohoof 6

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Uh, no. Our cell phones are already tracking us, among other things. I don’t think we need any more government tracking devices added to the list thank you lol.

Besides how do you know that there isn;t already a chip inside ya?:umad:

But I would say no. It would be an invasion of privacy (not that privacy still exists in this world) and just immoral. That said, it's probably bound to start happening before the end of the century.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

Fair, but if it attracts the chip, you might slice a vital organ :derp:

Don't step on snek!!!!

Is what I say to that if I die then whatever I'd rather die a micro chip free anime girl then be a micro chipped anime girl. That and I've already tried this and I'm not tracked UwU.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Don't step on snek!!!!

Is what I say to that if I die then whatever I'd rather die a micro chip free anime girl then be a micro chipped anime girl. That and I've already tried this and I'm not tracked UwU.

Couldn’t the chip just be made out of a substance that isn’t magnetic :yay: lool?Then you would never find it.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

Couldn’t the chip just be made out of a substance that isn’t magnetic :yay: lool?Then you would never find it.

You're right in fact I am assuming it would have some metals however the fact is the main components of a chip aren't metal. In fact they are sillicones, quarts and copper however that is just for the chip itself. The chip itself would have to be able to send data and it would need to store data, in all likelihood it would have some metal in it due to things such as the receiver which would have metal in it as well as the sender therefore I would assume there to be something a magnet could in fact contact with. 

There is also the fact in order for such a small chip to actually send and receive data having it buried in fat and muscles or bones would be far from ideal. In fact it would have to be somewhere close to the skin although you would not see it you could likely be able to feel it by simply touching around your skin. Since although they are miniature they still are objects that need certain requirements to work. One of which is energy, it needs to store data, to send and receive as well as process. Many of these components being so miniature would need to be able to send and receive signals.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

You're right in fact I am assuming it would have some metals however the fact is the main components of a chip aren't metal. In fact they are sillicones, quarts and copper however that is just for the chip itself. The chip itself would have to be able to send data and it would need to store data, in all likelihood it would have some metal in it due to things such as the receiver which would have metal in it as well as the sender therefore I would assume there to be something a magnet could in fact contact with. 

There is also the fact in order for such a small chip to actually send and receive data having it buried in fat and muscles or bones would be far from ideal. In fact it would have to be somewhere close to the skin although you would not see it you could likely be able to feel it by simply touching around your skin. Since although they are miniature they still are objects that need certain requirements to work. One of which is energy, it needs to store data, to send and receive as well as process. Many of these components being so miniature would need to be able to send and receive signals.

The thing is tho Only three pure metals are magnetic. Most metals are definitely not magnetic and while alloys do take on the properties of their constituent metals, the % of magnetic metal may be negligible and the magnet may not pick up on it.

I agree. With current technology, microchipping people would not be very feasible, but I presume that in the future, there would no longer be that limitation.

Edited by Princess of Luck 🍀⚡🔥
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not entirely sure of what microchipping is and its benefits and drawbacks. With that said, I would say that, based on my current knowledge of microchipping, I disagree with microchipping humans because it seems like an invasion of privacy.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

This has me thinking more about say the future. Would I have a microchip implanted by free will my answer would always be no. However, I can not say I don't see the benefit to it. First and foremost with advanced enough chip you could possible diagnose many of your health issues using an AI as well as sending out a signal for an ambulance if you are getting an heart attack. In fact advanced enough chip could possibly get you an ambulance before you actually realize you are having that heart attack. Given it is measuring all levels of functions which I could name but won't but as someone that takes great interest in the human body no not just the physiques you perverts.

I could see the benefit indeed many of which medical, there is also the fact that a person who is missing could easily be found and perhaps their lives saved. Step a step further and we could potentially be seeing a microchip become as an essential tool in life such as is the modern smartphone. Indeed, the smart phone already carries much of our important data and is easily traceable also easily hackable too. The problem with how easy phones are to hack is not only from privacy but also the fact many people store important information on their phones. 

Many people do not realize truly what a smart phone is as in a computer but a very simplified one. This is why a microchip would also be easily hackable you can not prevent a hacker as that's simply how it is. Which is why we should rather be questioning ourselves what information do we wish to share, to keep and to give also is the privacy that you lose worth it for the gain of say the benefits of health.

I believe we can agree and disagree on many of these things. One we all agree on is importance of privacy however you don't have privacy. The phone you carry is traceable there are cameras many of which have face recognition you are not untraceable. So the question is what type of society do we want to live in and what type of society do we already live in. The fact is microchipping won't have much meaning to our lives it won't be any different from a phone you carry yet at the same time this sense this feeling of being tagged like an animal in a farm brings you discomfort friends. 

Is it perhaps that you are learning of or realizing the mental prision you were born into that you don't really question. Yet when it comes to tag the animals on the farm you realize perhaps that is what you are an animal on a farm that doesn't even have the right of privacy. Reason why this brings us discomfort is not because of any logical reason as all of that already is there the reason is we are tagged like animals and we realize that the farmer wants to make sure the sheep don't stray to far away from the flock. To keep them in check hmm.

I say this and say this until the day I die, give me liberty or give me death.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

This has me thinking more about say the future. Would I have a microchip implanted by free will my answer would always be no. However, I can not say I don't see the benefit to it. First and foremost with advanced enough chip you could possible diagnose many of your health issues using an AI as well as sending out a signal for an ambulance if you are getting an heart attack. In fact advanced enough chip could possibly get you an ambulance before you actually realize you are having that heart attack. Given it is measuring all levels of functions which I could name but won't but as someone that takes great interest in the human body no not just the physiques you perverts.

I could see the benefit indeed many of which medical, there is also the fact that a person who is missing could easily be found and perhaps their lives saved. Step a step further and we could potentially be seeing a microchip become as an essential tool in life such as is the modern smartphone. Indeed, the smart phone already carries much of our important data and is easily traceable also easily hackable too. The problem with how easy phones are to hack is not only from privacy but also the fact many people store important information on their phones. 

Many people do not realize truly what a smart phone is as in a computer but a very simplified one. This is why a microchip would also be easily hackable you can not prevent a hacker as that's simply how it is. Which is why we should rather be questioning ourselves what information do we wish to share, to keep and to give also is the privacy that you lose worth it for the gain of say the benefits of health.

I believe we can agree and disagree on many of these things. One we all agree on is importance of privacy however you don't have privacy. The phone you carry is traceable there are cameras many of which have face recognition you are not untraceable. So the question is what type of society do we want to live in and what type of society do we already live in. The fact is microchipping won't have much meaning to our lives it won't be any different from a phone you carry yet at the same time this sense this feeling of being tagged like an animal in a farm brings you discomfort friends. 

Is it perhaps that you are learning of or realizing the mental prision you were born into that you don't really question. Yet when it comes to tag the animals on the farm you realize perhaps that is what you are an animal on a farm that doesn't even have the right of privacy. Reason why this brings us discomfort is not because of any logical reason as all of that already is there the reason is we are tagged like animals and we realize that the farmer wants to make sure the sheep don't stray to far away from the flock. To keep them in check hmm.

I say this and say this until the day I die, give me liberty or give me death.

This is way too large and I’m way too tired to bother to critique this.

This is all getting deeply philosophical lool

6 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

This is way too large and I’m way too tired to bother to critique this.

This is all getting deeply philosophical lool

That's exactly my point, it is philosophical technically you already have all the traceability that a microchip would have. Your reason to be against it is a philosophical one being that we don't want to feel like tagged animals on a farm that is haha.

• Brohoof 2

Some people believe that the biblical Mark of the Beast refers to a microchip. I don't believe that, but regardless, I'd prefer that any implanted microchip be entirely optional. 

If the powers that be want to track me with something other than my phone, they're out of luck. I ain't a criminal on parole.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1) Not without consent.

2) there should be an age of majority for it, possibly 16-17.

3) There's a risk of privacy invasion, not to mention possible bodily harm if someone were to "hack" into it.

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn
  • Brohoof 2

Don't see reasons why not. And you all already have microchips, they are called "smartphones".

But seriously, what will change with microchips? Government can already pretty easily track you nowadays, if they want to. But it's impossible and pointless to track everybody at the same time without solid reason.

Plus, what makes you think that microchips would be as hackable as the old Win XP? Such technology would has at least PayPal/google security level. They are hackable, true, but only by a professional hackers with an enormous price. Nobody will spend so much effort, money and time to hack some cashier from McDonald's

• Brohoof 4