Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Silent Hill

joanro

(edited)

I was going to make a topic specifically about the new chapter of Dead By Daylight, but I figured why not just make it about the Silent Hill series in general since there has been rumors lately about a revival of the series on the PS5. https://gamerant.com/silent-hill-ps5-development-dead-daylight-news-rumors/

So, Dead by Daylight is going to be adding Pyramid Head as a killer and Cheryl Mason as a survivor. I think they did a pretty good job with the map.

So, what is your favorite Silent Hill game? And what are your thoughts on the next Silent Hill game?

Edited by joanro
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Bolt Number 42 said:

I liked the first. I played a few others but not all of them. I first left the most impression on me.

Sadly, I don't think I ever finished playing the first one. I most familiar with SH 2 and 3.

I've played the first two games and Origins. Being someone who was raised on Resident Evil, I actually think Silent Hill's style of horror appeals to me more with psychological drama and cool, freaky supernatural stuff. I'm definitely playing the third game this October for Halloween. :squee:

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Dreambiscuit said:

I never played it myself, but my brother is massively obsessed with it. His house looks like a Silent Hill museum. He likes the second one best. 

Sounds like me and your brother would get along well.

Pyramid Head is so cute!

Also, one day I will actually be able to play Silent Hill! I just have to find a PS1 somewhere, right?

These are really decent horror games. I think I like the first one the most. It has that great atmosphere the next Silent Hill games don't really have. The other ones are still really good of course.

As for DBD, I'm not playing that game. :P

Ah man, the Silent Hill games are some of my favorite horror games! Silent Hill 2 is my personal favorite cause I think it has the best story and best soundtrack! Silent Hill 1 is really good too, and holds up surprisingly well for an old PS1 game. The atmosphere is 10/10. Silent Hill 3 is probably the scariest of them all, and I haven't played 4 yet, but I plan on it. 

If they ever make another Silent Hill game, I'd def be interested, but I'm not holding my breath with Konami. I'm still salty over Silent Hills! >:0