Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

1) Scootabat, also crossover to Castlevania

Isn't Scootaloo as a batpony just fitting?

Scootaloo_tepes.thumb.png.3769d32ced46299bb2245bc0f4e0d550.png

2) Another Castlevania parody to my friend's character Moorish Delight, who is the queen of a batpony kingdom who always smirk

IMG_20200502_223309.thumb.png.0a306136a09d2733d45247977a32af34.png

3) Yet another Castlevania parodyJust_another_day_in_the_castle.thumb.png.7c2e4880c808a85ba6ad06cc36d2a9e4.png

4) Size matters!

IMG_20200323_032919.thumb.png.af6d039b500fc7c324c3d627a8e1ef87.png

5) Six fan arts challenge

Not all of them are ponies, but you get the Queen Chrysalis and Echo

388556416_sixfanartchallenge.thumb.png.28565d7ddb9a80130e81ebbe4e231036.png

6) Moonlight Toccata(oc)'s look in an RP with my friend

MT_RP-1.thumb.png.b5a226dda62a4e7c483d1523b1e46a2e.png

7) Darkforest(oc)

In lore, she is the descendant of the last Luna' s guard captain before Nightmare Moon's banishment. After the event, a part of the batponies live in the caves, and another part live in forest to not loosen their discipline and training. Darkforest is one of the leader of the forest batpony tribe, who hold a sacred(to them) responsibility to train the batponies inside the forest.

DFbg.thumb.png.a93bc14ecf57196eef9f6a87f3c646d4.png

8) Lunardean flag

Lunardeal, the land of batponies. The name itself is a combination of Luna and Ardeal(Romanian of Transylvania), and a pun to Lunar + deal as well. This also implies that Lunardeal is both a reference to Transylvania and Romania(or Wallachia in Dracula's age)

The batponies there were once pegasi without flight ability, casted out from Pegasopolis(ancient pegasus tribe) in ancient time. Without any racial advantage, they naturally became the victim of other races.

As such, they made a deal with young Luna, which turned them into batponies using an ancient recipe and magic, but in exchange, to give out the strongest batponies to be Luna's royal guards. Some of them supported the deal, and some of them didn't. Those who supported it turned into batponies, and those who didn't remain as pegasi.

With the night vision and strong combat ability in addition to the regained flight ability, some more traditional Cloudsdale pegasi wanted to reclaim the land of Lunardeal. Especially Luna's banishment, they again started to pester the land. Luckily, Celestia wanted to preserve the land of her beloved sister, helping to prevent Lunardeal from falling each time. Adding to the discrimination towards batponies' 'scary' look, they become a traditional bunch who still possess racial weariness, and seldom go out of Lunardeal except for the guards, making them rarely seen even in the show.

With the newfound acceptance of previously known as 'terrifying' creatures like dragon and changelings, and the new emphasis of harmony between species, Lunardeal finally has reached its peace.

That's why the flag is highly identical to the Pegasopolis one, with black pegasus wings below the batpony wings(also a parody to the black bird in the Transylvania/Wallachia flag)

Lunardeal_flag.thumb.png.dee99fba878cf938f35a9d2018597942.png

9) Scootabat again

I just love Scootabat

scootabat-1.thumb.png.74bd60940557dacac5602e65f64e55cf.png

10) Vesper Flare(ponysona)

She is now a filly

vffilly.thumb.jpg.affcadea7c20bd5987e9943117206e93.jpg

• Brohoof 5

Really like the artwork, but more so that you've developed your own well rounded back story for bat ponies. It's pleasing to see fan world building that fits in with the show.

Spoiler

I have my own where the batponies resided in caves and dense forests until the migration of the three pony tribes, and went on to compete for the newly available lands with the griffons. They reflect the history of the Germanic Franks and fight against a Romanesque Equestria which attempts to reestablish rule in ancestral lands, until it collapses under the competing species and Luna's uprising/recruitment of the batponies. Inspired and left to their own devices, they form a new culture of faith and militarism for her that grows and strengthens during the thousand years awaiting her return, but not without hitting bumps along the road to a more modern Germanic state.

(edited)
On 5/31/2020 at 3:42 AM, SharpWit said:

Really like the artwork, but more so that you've developed your own well rounded back story for bat ponies. It's pleasing to see fan world building that fits in with the show.

Hide contents

I have my own where the batponies resided in caves and dense forests until the migration of the three pony tribes, and went on to compete for the newly available lands with the griffons. They reflect the history of the Germanic Franks and fight against a Romanesque Equestria which attempts to reestablish rule in ancestral lands, until it collapses under the competing species and Luna's uprising/recruitment of the batponies. Inspired and left to their own devices, they form a new culture of faith and militarism for her that grows and strengthens during the thousand years awaiting her return, but not without hitting bumps along the road to a more modern Germanic state.

The one Luna used to turn batponies into pegasi is actually an 'ancient recipe'

This is actually to stick to my friend's story. In his story, batponies was an ancient bunch from the north that fought as mercenaries with the alicorn King of ancient crystal empire, before all of them got trapped within another continent. It was supposed to be as ancient as the pre-classical era, with his different-world batponies referencing Spain(Aragon)

Edited by Disky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, SharpWit said:

@Disky Bolt Neat, do you have a link to his story?

Not actually, I just like his story enough to adopt that as head canon, and build my own after that

Edited by Disky Bolt