Banner by ~ Ruhisu

Midnight's Pony Pictures

So I decided to redesign my sona a bit. I don't really like it when people say she looks very similar to someone else's. it hasn't happened for a bit, but on a couple different occasions she was say to look like two different people's sonas/OCs and each time it annoyed me. I've also wanted to redo her for a bit to give a better explanation as to why she has fire powers when at the time she was clearly just an earth pony.

So, meet the redesigned Midnight Fire.

1531142780_MidnightFireredesign.thumb.png.558e9f71ec671c3e360dab106915a4f4.png

If this gets compared to looking very similar to someone else's OC then I just give up. She's staying like this unless I give her like new clothes/accessories or a new hairstyle or something.

Anyway, she's still red, still has the hazel eyes and brown mane/tail which are relatively the same still, and the cutie mark is still the same, and so are her glasses. What has changed is that now she's a mix: part kirin and part earth pony. I've adored kirins since I first saw them in the show, and because they have some fire power so to speak, it gives me more of a reason for her to have fire magic, and be able to transform into something dark/dangerous I hinted at sometime ago but never actually depicted before. Her clothing has also changed. I have two very similar looking shirts that are very close to this shade of purple that I wear a lot more than the blue one, plus it looks nicer with the red fur and gold-ish scales/hooves/ear tips she now has. As for the earrings, they're ones I've been wearing to work a lot recently and a pair of my favorites and they look really good with the shirt.

• Brohoof 1

Register now to remove this ad.
  • 2 weeks later...

Commission through discord for @Dark Horse. He's got a bad habit of sticking his nose in dark objects of magical origin. Now Majora's mask has fused with his face and they're calling the world-ending moon down again. Poor Tael there can't even do anything to stop him. Luna preserve us...

1942363838_C96DarkHorse0207discordOCSaffromwithMMmarkingswithmoonandTael-halfbodyfullcolordetailedbkgdclothing.png.0251c6e0dac20bd9dbacd366745909a6.png

• Brohoof 1
  • Yay 1

• 1 month later...
Commission for an anonymous customer. They wanted Pinkie Pie enjoying a video of something called Stick Death Maze. I don't know anything about the video, but i guess it's some sort of series on YouTube some people do. I don't really know. Anyway, I love how this came out. Perspectives like this aren't my strong suit so I'm glad it came out well, and the customer loved it.

788920237_C97brotherPinkiePieatcomputerfullcolorfullbodydetailedbkgdadd.character.thumb.png.e3587c8630d551b361ace713b628c462.png

• 2 weeks later...
Request 4 of 23 from the Christmas 2020 batch from deviantart. This one was requested by Lycandemon666, who asked me to draw their kirin OC Ghost Story.

I tried to go for a majestic feel with this character. I think she came out quite beautifully.

1197002401_4.Lycandemon666OCGhostStory.thumb.png.f08d34a0282d1bc5c53b84633db4c27c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Request 9 of 23 from the Christmas 2020 batch on deviantart. This one was for BSW421. This is their OC Scarab. I love how this turned out. I'm not sure if i got the colors exactly right since I was working with a traditional drawing as a reference, but he turned out quite handsome in my opinion.

1582144255_9.BSW421OCScarab.thumb.png.dbe6af2886842011ea0a1d788edd9ae1.png

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, anaconda said:

i like this. how do you draw it? how long does it take?

A drawing like this usually takes me a few hours. The flat color is the easiest part. It's the sketching that takes the longest, for me anyway. I use Paint Tool Sai to make drawings like this.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-06-03 at 1:13 AM, MidnightFire1222 said:

I shared this one already in my commission shop, but I'm sticking it here too. Screenshot remake from Disney's The Lion King (1994), but Mufasa and yound Simba are turned into kirins.

1449430777_ScreenshotRemakeEverythingtheLightTouchesMufasaandYoungSimbaaskirins.thumb.png.e1ada97409dcc225aba1e454e0a7aeda.png

Quite an interesting take! I love it!

7 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Quite an interesting take! I love it!

Thank yuo! Mufasa's mane was a pain to get right. I still think he looks a little too young and gives off a bit more of a 'Simba' vibe, but i still love how it came out regardless.

• Hug 1

12 hours ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Thank yuo! Mufasa's mane was a pain to get right. I still think he looks a little too young and gives off a bit more of a 'Simba' vibe, but i still love how it came out regardless.

You’re welcome. I agree, he does look a bit younger, but it’s not like there’s any old Kirins to reference from the show

• Brohoof 1