Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Share a story!

Slyther

Hi everypony! How are you? Is everypony safe and happy? Hope so. :fluttershy:

What about sharing a story? Has something really cool or really embarrassing happen to you? Do you feel like you need to share it?:catface:

Stay safe and happy,

Slyther:LunaMCM:

P.S.: Maybe, and just maybe, if you share a story I’ll share one too!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmmmm... story, story, story... what’s a good one?

Most of the stuff about myself is too short to really be considered stories. Just amusing tidbits about my life or the things I’ve witnessed. Like the time I randomly found a bikini in a tree, or the time I went to a Shaker village and learned to spin wool...

Oh! Some that might be funny are my escapades as the resident critter-catcher in the house.

The first one was with this moth. It was fluttering around my mom’s room and she asked if I could catch it. I said sure, and got my designated bug-catching cup. Went into her room and saw the moth.

So here the story has two different POVs. From my point of view, I could see that the moth was flying in a continuous, slow downward spiral. So I got down on my knee and held the cup out, ready to intercept the moth.

What my MOM saw was me just kneeling on the floor like a ninny and holding the cup out as if the moth was just going to decide to fly in of it’s own volition.

And right as my mom begins to tease me, what does the moth do? Fly right inside my cup just like as I knew it would.

I gave my mom the most insufferably smug smile I could manage and took the moth outside.

I am now the Moth Whisperer.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

I don't feel like there is anything that has happened to me lately, that would be cool to tell as a story. Also, story telling is not my greatest ability.

Just now, Splashee said:

I don't feel like there is anything that has happened to me lately, that would be cool to tell as a story. Also, story telling is not my greatest ability.

It could be an old story!

And it doesn’t have to be flashy. I caught a bug in a cup. XD

• Brohoof 1

Uh, let’s see … I made a drawing of one of my friends ponified, which I do a lot, and it required me to draw flannel, so I spent the majority of my time working with my sister to replicate a plaid pattern. So apparently I can kind of draw that now. 

Not the most interesting story, but yeah. 

• Brohoof 1

Once upon a time, I ordered a FNAF plush online about a month ago after I checked the reviews to ensure it was real. I waited. A few weeks later Amazon said they couldn’t track the plush cause it was shipping from a different country. I waited once more. There was no shipping confirmation. There was no set date to when the plush would arrive at my house. Just the hope that it would someday arrive on my doorstep, but to this day it still remains in the hands of the person I bought it from. So does my money.

(Don’t worry I’ll at least try to get the money back)

5 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Once upon a time, I ordered a FNAF plush online about a month ago after I checked the reviews to ensure it was real. I waited. A few weeks later Amazon said they couldn’t track the plush cause it was shipping from a different country. I waited once more. There was no shipping confirmation. There was no set date to when the plush would arrive at my house. Just the hope that it would someday arrive on my doorstep, but to this day it still remains in the hands of the person I bought it from. So does my money.

(Don’t worry I’ll at least try to get the money back)

Oof that really sucks Comrade, I hope everything works out for you and you can at least get your money back :kindness:

You always have to be so careful when buying stuff online.....

Uh... 

I feel like my best stories are my most embarrassing ones, which I don't mind sharing.

Okay, so it was a week before final exams when I was still in high school. I was freaking out, hoping to do good. I remember a few weeks beforehand, I had been throwing up A LOT. So, now that it was over I was relieved.

Ha! If only I knew what would come next.

One day in choir class, I was feeling like sh**. I had the hugest headache and was feeling very lightheaded, finding it hard to stand up straight. I blew it off as me being dehydrated, and just had an Advil so my headache would go away. Well, I still felt like a piece of sh**. Then seconds later, I was throwing up all over the choir risers. I was just grateful that I didn't throw up on anyone. 

My friend held my hair back since I couldn't stop puking, and I was mortified. One of my other friends went to get my teacher (who was hiding out in her office like she always did) and tell her what was up. See, my high school choir teacher hated me. I have no clue why, but she just did. So when she came out, I was shocked to see her kind of concerned for me. She called the nurse over, but apparently she refused and the assistant teacher had to walk me there. Now, one thing you should know is that my high school was set up like a college. Meaning, that there were multiple buildings specifically used for certain classes.

I was in the D building, which was for fine arts. So, I had to wobble my way to the A building, which was super far away. I had to stop and puke every now and then, but they had given me a recycling bin to vomit into. I was out the entire week before finals, and I barley had any time to study because I felt so horrible.

And to this day, I still have no clue what the hell was wrong with me. 

9 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

Oof that really sucks Comrade, I hope everything works out for you and you can at least get your money back :kindness:

You always have to be so careful when buying stuff online.....

Never again will I forget to check the country in which stuff is shipped from

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

Uh, let’s see … I made a drawing of one of my friends ponified, which I do a lot, and it required me to draw flannel, so I spent the majority of my time working with my sister to replicate a plaid pattern. So apparently I can kind of draw that now. 

Not the most interesting story, but yeah. 

You do that as well?  I thought I was the only one!

8 hours ago, Slyther said:

You do that as well?  I thought I was the only one!

Really? That’s awesome! My friends think it’s weird. :Thorax:

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

Really? That’s awesome! My friends think it’s weird. :Thorax:

People think other people are weird because they are insecure:ooh:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here's a fun story. Much to my embarrassment, it's true.

I stopped at an office supply place with my boyfriend (Married him a few years later) . I have a bit of an OCD problem. Not major, but I can really identify with my Princess Twilight. Anyway, there were like a hundred boxes of computer paper all in rows, stacked about four high against the wall. I noticed one row at the end, had the bottom box sticking out a couple inches.  I ignored it, for like a minute, and then it started really bugging me. I finally walked over and gave it a nice hard kick to line it up nicely with all the others.

Things went wrong. I felt and actually heard a sort of crunch. Then I was hit with a solid wall of pain. I had broken my big toe!

OMG it HURT!

Little did I know, but that bottom end box was sticking out for a reason. The wall was cinder-block, and had those square metal box electrical outlets that mount right smack on the wall surface. The box COULD NOT MOVE. I, in effect, gave a solid kick to a cinder block wall! I know, because when I staggered over to a chair, I could see it from the side view.

I made my boyfriend help me to the car before anyone in the store knew what happened. He drove me right to the emergency room...While Laughing!

He's lucky I married him after that. Looking back at it now, it was pretty funny.

He was laughing, not because I was hurt and trying not to cry. He said I broke the world speed record for making a getaway with a broken toe! I ended up having to wear one of those plastic ski-book looking things after having minor surgery to fix the toe.

All in all, it was better than when I crashed into a tree and almost died.

That's ANOTHER story!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 3 weeks later...

Way back during my teen years, I had a habit of listening to music through my headphones while sitting on my bedroom floor. I would occasionally do this late at night in the pitch black darkness of my bedroom. One night, something firmly reached into my back pocket of my trousers and squeezed my butt.

A short one. I live in a small village, so thinks work a bit differently here. I was visiting a city 1 or 2 years ago and the traffic lights there were strange to me. The light turned to green and I started to walk. But out the corner of my eye, I saw the others on my site weren't moving! I was so worried, that I quickly stepped back! But then they started walking... It was okay to walk to begin with, they were just slow. :D But those strange looking traffic lights worried me in that moment. *sigh* At least I made a young boy smile with my behaviour, haha.