Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Where to POST a fanfic?

Stardust Live

(This might not be the right area, if it isn't please tell me!)

I've made an account on FIMFiction to post my WIP antidote story to a well known and infamous work (antidote story = taking the premise and world and doing a rescue or fix themed story) and I am waiting for the second approval as my story wasn't formatted properly the first time. Is FIMFiction the most popular MLP-FIM story site? Or is there another that is best suited? Because the story deals with a world that is very much rated M it limits to where I can post it

• Brohoof 1

Fimfiction is the way to go nowadays. Seriously. You won't be found if you go to fanfiction.net (was that the direction?) or... wattpad or something like that.

If it's pony, it goes to fimfiction. Pony fic is not all that popular, much less nowadays. Back in 2011 people would try it out of curiosity, and we didn't have fimfiction until a bit later, so then we were sharing google docs and submitting them to Equestria Daily. Also, avoid EQD like the plague. They are far more closed to new writers than they used to be back in 2011. You must pull a past sins or something go get a green light over EQD.

And don't go to 4chan. Fanfic isn't all that welcome, and the format is way different from fimfiction's standard. In 4chan they will only give positive feedback for >greentext and they have a really different liking for that anyway. Most "rewrite the canon" stuff is taken as a bad joke over there when it comes to be as fanfic and not an actual project for scripting and animating a fan episode.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Stardust Live said:

Because the story deals with a world that is very much rated M it limits to where I can post it

Which reminds me of other forums, where there are sub-forums that are age restricted. I wonder if MLPForums would benefit from a sub-forum like that?

I post stuff I already made on fimfiction onto deviantart just for more exposure. Don’t make that your only option if you’re making really long chapters, though, cause literature there only seems to interest people if it’s short or it has a picture. Honestly it’s not too bad over there but fanfiction is WAY more underrated than pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2020 at 9:19 PM, Shine Runner said:

Can you add pictures among the text on dA and FiMficfion?

I don't know a thing about dA, but I know you can on Fimfiction as long as it only supplements the writing and doesn't replace it.