Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else here hate Spitfire?

Lucky Bolt

I dislike her for many reasons, one of them being how she has shown to be conniving and a liar for starters, as seen in S4 episode Rainbow Falls. Secondly, the fact she's always yelling. I know she was the captain of the Wonderbolts but good god all the yelling just irritates me, and in some scenes it was completely unnecessary. Just her character and personality in general left a bad taste in my mouth from the start. I'm curious if any of y'all feel the same way about her or dislike her for other reasons. I know I can't be the only one. 

• Brohoof 3

While I can't say I didn't mind her at first, but after they started to develop her as a character more, I didn't really like her too much. I can't say I hated her, but certainly not one of my favorite reoccurring character. Despite not really hating her, her characterization did begin my question of the show writers handling character development at the time.

• Brohoof 2

38 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I dislike her for many reasons, one of them being how she has shown to be conniving and a liar for starters, as seen in S4 episode Rainbow Falls. Secondly, the fact she's always yelling. I know she was the captain of the Wonderbolts but good god all the yelling just irritates me, and in some scenes it was completely unnecessary. Just her character and personality in general left a bad taste in my mouth from the start. I'm curious if any of y'all feel the same way about her or dislike her for other reasons. I know I can't be the only one. 

Heh I mildly dislike her for those reasons, but as the captain of the most prestigious sports teams in the whole of Equestria, I'm not surprised. It must be really stressful especially when dealing with egos like Rainbow Dash's, so I get why she shouts a lot. 

As for the lying thing, it pretty much sums up most of the Wonderbolts lol. Fleetfoot was in it too, with Soarin really being the innocent one there. I don;t know if the other Wonderbolts would have lied as well, but the fact that 2 of its most senior members decided to lie, really shows how much they were willing to go to win. Remember Wind rider who tried to frame RD just so his record stayed intact. Further proves my point that lying to stay at the top pretty much just sums up the wonderbolts. 

The writers really did a terrible job of not just her but the wonderbolts in general often to the point that it was obvious they didn't give a shit about them by S6. At best they're just around. At worst they're a bunch of unlikeable jerks, especially when they kept saying they were awesome but kept showing us otherwise

If nothing else, the comics has been cleaning up the show's mess in this regard, and Spitfire and the Wonderbolts are much better characters there, they actually feel like RD's friends. Just to see what Spitfire is capable of, I'd read both Friends Forever #11(RD and Spitfire) and Friends Forever #36(RD and Soarin), I feel those are good examples of the show should have handled Spitfire. Most comics in the main line as well as the Guardians of Harmony Annual portray the Wonderbolts really well too

• Brohoof 4

I’m neutral toward her, but I do think she’s unlikeable. Her portrayal hasn’t been the best, and it makes sense that we hold her to a high standard as the head of the Wonderbolts. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I’ve been indifferent towards her for the most part. 

She  pissed me off making RD a wing pony lol.  Okay that’s just my bias toward RD talking, but really what got me is the fact she had to be convinced that a tornado is a bad choice to bust clouds.  Who in the hell has to be convinced a tornado is bad??

Edited by AppleBolt ⚡️
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I like her but mostly during the second half of the series. I got the impression the writers didn't really know what to do with her character (and that of the Wonderbolts) early on in the series. The Wonderbolts seemed like a much more closer group later on. Overall Spitfire doesn't seem like a bad pony, and she and the Wonderbolts had RD's back when she needed help.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Megas said:

The writers really did a terrible job of not just her but the wonderbolts in general often to the point that it was obvious they didn't give a shit about them by S6. At best they're just around. At worst they're a bunch of unlikeable jerks

This. I can absolutely agree. I still like (not love, I stress like) the Wonderbolts, but I feel the writers could have done a lot better with them. A lot. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

This. I can absolutely agree. I still like (not love, I stress like) the Wonderbolts, but I feel the writers could have done a lot better with them. A lot. 

That was unfortunately a missed opportunity. It would have been nice to have an episode where we could have seen more of Spitfire and the Wonderbolt characters themselves, like for example how they act when they're not wearing their uniforms.

Megas description of the Friends Forever comic could have made for a great episode. It would definitely have made Spitfire more relatable.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 2

I really like Spitfire! I know that her and Fleetfoot acted like bitches in that season 4 episode but they obviously learned from that behavior since then. Honestly, I find her a way better Wonderbolt than Rainbow Dash. 

On 6/8/2020 at 4:17 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

the fact she's always yelling.

So is Rainbow Dash :secret:

Spitfire is very sexy. She's also the first pony to be naked in the show, which is quite a treat :twismile:

She has the coolest hairdo. She has authority. What is it not to like about her? She should be in more episodes, and that's my take on it!

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, I disliked Spitfire for lying in the episode Rainbow Falls, and for yelling at Scootaloo in the episode The Washouts. The only reasons why I liked her is because she's the reason why Rainbow got to wear that beautiful Wonderbolt uniform, and because she's beautiful, and also when she realized that she was wrong for putting Lightning Dust to a Lead Pony instead of Dashieee... :wub:

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

So is Rainbow Dash :secret:

I hate her for yelling at Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, that's the problem. And Dash, while it's true she speaks in a louder tone she makes it likeable. Spitfire does not. In simpler terms, Spitfire is a b**ch. Just my opinion though.

55 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I hate her for yelling at Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, that's the problem. And Dash, while it's true she speaks in a louder tone she makes it likeable. Spitfire does not. In simpler terms, Spitfire is a b**ch. Just my opinion though.

That is your opinion about RD, but I can agree on Spitfire, while personally not disliking Spitfire. Because of Spitfire and the Wonderbolts in general, I question why RD continue to be a huge fan of them and join them. Like I said Spitfire was fine at first, but hen RD saw her more should have maybe second guess joining them. I know this was a family show, but could their be a bit realism of RD not regret joining them with all they put her through especially Spitfire?

• Brohoof 1

She can be mean at times, but honestly there are far worse people than she could ever be. At least she doesn't murder people

I don't really have any strong feelings for her. She is kind of like a coworker to Rainbow Dash at least when she became a wonderbolt.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/9/2020 at 3:21 PM, Splashee said:

Spitfire is very sexy. She's also the first pony to be naked in the show, which is quite a treat :twismile:

She has the coolest hairdo. She has authority. What is it not to like about her? She should be in more episodes, and that's my take on it!

have to agree,

plus, I would say her very dominating personality would add to that

• Brohoof 2

I want to like Spitfire.

I really do.

But after Rainbow Falls, she never managed to redeem herself. She doesn't practice what she preaches as a leader. She's just not likeable with her loudmouth attitude. I might like Spitfire's character more if she was only a drill sergeant instructor at the Wonderbolts Academy rather than captain of the team.

1 hour ago, Prospekt said:

But after Rainbow Falls, she never managed to redeem herself. She doesn't practice what she preaches as a leader. She's just not likeable with her loudmouth attitude. I might like Spitfire's character more if she was only a drill sergeant instructor at the Wonderbolts Academy rather than captain of the team.

This! ^ My thoughts exactly, you did a better job explaining it than me haha. 

• Brohoof 2

On 6/11/2020 at 9:02 AM, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

Wait what? Really?

340?cb=20160509154751

Towel indicates just coming out of the shower. I don't see her trying to cover up her body though :squee: So sexy