Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else here hate Spitfire?

Lucky Bolt

When Spitfire yelled at Scootaloo that crossed the line.  :dry:Rainbow Dash was being Peter Griffin in that situation.  It reminded me of Quagmire’s rant to Brian on Family Guy.  Both of them have flying jobs.  Both of them get off scot-free for doing bad things.  Both of them yell at someone who is smaller than them.  Both of them give compliments to a steak and a hat.  Given how potential her yelling was on level to Quagmire’s yelling to Brian when his hatred of him was revealed in the “Jerome” episode.  Something tells me that had to have been intentional or at least inspired the writers to put together the same thing as it happens in both the shows’ season 8s.  Seeing the “Quagmire’s Dad” episode, I wonder if Spitfire’s dad is in the same club as his dad:sealed:

Please tell me Fluttershy has a grudge towards her.  :angry:Where’s my episode that Fluttershy and Spitfire face off in a political debate because the latter wants a shiny new runway paved over the former’s animal sanctuary?  Where’s my episode that these two winged horses go at each other’s hooves in a bloody fight?  Where’s my episode that Fluttershy annoys her with cats? 

Honestly Spitfire does enrage me at times.
Such as when she yelled at Scootaloo in the Washouts episode. 
I want to smack her and go "Congratulations, you just turned her further away from the Wonderbolts and factored in what got her to join the Washouts and end up putting herself into serious danger".

Other than that, I am just meh about Spitfire.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly love her.

I was drawn to her personality in the first two seasons. Very calm and cool and leader like. (even smitten with her, but that's another topic)

Then Wonderbolts Academy happened, and threw my perception of her for a loop. This is what she must really be like! Or at least on the job. It honestly took me aback for a little while, but I realized that's just an aspect of her that was never shown before. It doesn't change my overall view of her, and adding Rainbow Dash is just what the group really needed, to counteract their douchey tendencies, like in Dash's key episode.

Plus her Lightning Dust speech to Scootaloo was nuts.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Toastypk said:

This is what she must really be like! Or at least on the job.

I like to think that when she's on-base she uses that tough sounding voice of hers to make known to everypony that SHES in charge, and to not cross her. The voice used in the first two seasons of the show is the voice she uses when off-base in more casual settings.

4 minutes ago, Toastypk said:

Plus her Lightning Dust speech to Scootaloo was nuts

It was, but it was that way on purpose. It was actually established in the comics that Spitfire isn't very good with kids, so obviously she would have no idea how to properly get a point across to a child like Scootaloo without yelling in their face, because that's what she's used to doing to get her points across when she's on-base. She wouldn't know better that yelling in a kids face isn't an appropriate thing for an adult to do, because once again, she just sucks being around kids :fiery: 

I don't fault her for anything though, I'm a big fan of Spitfire myself! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

On 6/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, Splashee said:

340?cb=20160509154751

Towel indicates just coming out of the shower. I don't see her trying to cover up her body though :squee: So sexy

I always feel like I'm going to sound like some pervy stallion whenever I admit this, but... I have to honestly agree 100%, she really is, I have a real thing for her. <3
In fact I drew from her when I designed my ponyself to have a yellow coat

Yeah, it is loud and annoying. I got to study this behaviour during my time in military school, which serves to assert dominance. So, it may very well be a reference to her ranking in the wonderbolts (air force). Besides, she only stood out for me because her polish voice actor was a guy and is really awkward.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2021-03-02 at 9:42 PM, Fluffy trixie said:

I really don't like her cause she screams and is mean:Cozy:

How is she mean? :confused:

She is the equivalent to a military leader so it makes sense for her to yell. In real life, that’s what those people often do when ordering or scolding their group. It’s sorta what they do.

Spitfire has been a pretty chill, mannered character throughout the series. Yes, herself and Fleetfoot were both pretty despicable in Rainbow Falls but to say she is an insolent character because of that one instance isn’t fair. Also, if you’re referring to the scene when she got all up in Scootaloo’s face, that was written to be a humorous moment. I don’t think fans were supposed to take that scene very seriously. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I don't hate spitfire, I find her a rather cool character, but she is also not on top of my list.

I also don't like screaming, but as it has been already pointed out that's a normal behavior in the military. There is no doubt in my mind about that she is supposed to be a military leader. Why blaming someone for something which is considered to be normal? If this happened to me, I wouldn’t like it. That's one reason why I have never joined the military but Rainbow did.

Well, thinking about this it comes to my mind that she's actually far too nice to be a convincing military leader. At least from a real-world example. Don't believe me? Let me quote Lightning Dust: "Try me, ma'am". I really don't want to know (I really don’t) how a real military leader would react in this situation but I doubt it would be so nice. And yes, this show could never have shown that, but I think this emphasis my point even more.

The other point I read was her behavior for example in season 4. I agree this behavior was not okay, and she has done even more mistakes in the show. But so, does any other character as well. Is there any character who hasn't made mistakes and learned from them? I would say this one thing the show is about.

So, at the end, she’s not directly my cup of tea, but there is nothing why I should hate her.

Edited by Astral Soul
  • Brohoof 1