Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask the ILUNAnati!

Stardust Live

(edited)

I think it's time to have my OCs breathe a little bit in between writing the fic I'm working on, and what better way to do so than with an ASK thread! So, here is ASK THE ILLUNANATI!

What is the ILUNAnati? Mostly a little joke to poke fun at unhinged conspiracy theorists and bronies who are wayyyyyy too deep into lore to realise that it's a show aimed at children. In universe, it is a secret group dedicated to protecting and aiding Princess Luna. The more paranoid ponies believe the group wants many things; world domination, control over Luna, to do away with Celestia, any number of weird goals. That is, if people believe they exist at all. Which they don't. Totally don't.

So, let's meet them!

Whisper Blue : Female, Earth Pony, works as an Archivest at the Royal Canterlot Library within Canterlot Castle itself
Crystal Clear: Female, Unicorn, works as a Junior Assistant at the Equestrian National Observatory
Silver Song: Male, pegasus, Opera Understudy.

Ask away!

Edited by Stardust Live

But lore is life! :glimmer::lie::Cozy:

Does Luna know of the Ilunanati?

Does Whisper Blue wish she were a Pegasus so she could reach the high shelves easier?

How do they react to headlines of Luna being naughty? 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cfd4c33eba9b38713faac4a0a680b059.png

How does Crystal Clear balance her work life when working doing this and working under others?

Why not try world domination?

What does Silver Song drink to ease the strain on his throat and how does he contribute to the group?

What's the organization's source for funding?

Have I asked enough questions to get booted out the door?

2 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

So, how are you guys?

Whisper Blue : We are quite alright. The Springtime celebrations have ended, we are easing into summer, so it is rather warm across most of Equestria right now

Crystal Clear: Which means CLEAR SKIES!! Perfect for stargazing!! Hopefully I'll be allowed to go on the telescope again soon ..

Silver Song: The hot weather is playing havoc for my throat, though ... Sinus' are so dry ...

Does Luna know of the Ilunanati?

Whisper Blue : Absolutely not. Our Princess cannot know of the organisation, so we take great pains to ensure that she never finds out about us. None of the Princesses know, no enemies know, no-one does. Those that think they do are merely lucky guessers and have no idea of our true nature and intentions

Does Whisper Blue wish she were a Pegasus so she could reach the high shelves easier?

Whisper Blue : No. The bookshelves in the Royal Library are tailored to be made for unicorns, which can be quite galling. While unicorns are magic users and need to read more spellbooks, that does not mean that Earth ponies or Pegasi do not use books. As such, I have certain modifications to ensure I can do my work, such as mouth guards for more delicate books, and ladders for the taller shelves. Wings would only impede my work, and it would create an inbalance in the ILUNAnati.

How do they react to headlines of Luna being naughty? 

Silver Song: Most of the headlines are gossip stories, like the one about Princess Celestia and cakes, or Princess Twilight and the hayburgers. Some stories are … not so nice. We allow them through to make Princess Luna seem more down-to-earth, but we make sure that any more horrible stories never make it to the news desk, the more serious stories result in a little bad luck for the paper involved, or a far juicier story gets there first. Speaking of which, did I tell you what I overheard Upper Crust say about Swan Song’s new hat during the intermission of the Madam Flutterbye

How does Crystal Clear balance her work life when working doing this and working under others?

Crystal Clear: Well, it can make your head spin a little. I mean, I’m a member of one of the most secret and powerful organisations in Equestria, charged with looking after the Princess … but at the same time, I am not allowed to use the big telescope at work and my supervisor has me make him coffee or else I don’t get my lunch?

Whisper Blue : Must we have a word about this supervisor of yours …

Crystal Clear: N-no! It’s better for my cover if he thinks he can push me around like that! He has no idea what he is trifling with, and that’s a good thing …

Why not try world domination?

*All three stare*

Whisper Blue : And usurp Our Princess?!

Crystal Clear: *GASP* ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Silver Song: Oh my stars, I mean, have you seen Equestria without the Princesses? It would be a disaster!

Whisper Blue : Our Princess wants to rule Equestria side-by-side with her sister, and that is what we honour. We don’t care for personal gain or glory. We do it for the love and respect of Our Princess

What does Silver Song drink to ease the strain on his throat and how does he contribute to the group?

Silver Song: AH! Depending on the season, but the special secret superstar syrup is warm fresh honey, ginseng and cayenne pepper in some hot water. Take a good drink before a show, and let your throat soar!

Crystal Clear: Asking what he contributes is kinda a rude question …

Silver Song: The ILUNAnati must always have one of every kind of pony; one Earth, one Unicorn, one Pegasi, as Princess Luna embodies the traits of all three kinds into one pony with having hooves, horns and wings together. It can either be two stallions and a mare, or two mares and a stallion. It’s never three stallions or three mares, again for balance. As a pegasi, I have my hoof on what is going on in the cloud cities like Cloudsdale and Cirrusville, and I can mingle with the high-class ponies in Canterlot as an understudy too. Gets you valuable information, especially about outside threats. Being able to fly is a bonus as well!

What's the organization's source for funding?

Whisper Blue : Princess Luna merchandise sells very well …

Crystal Clear: It’s a mix. A lot of it comes from gold and precious gems that were bought as stocks way way back, as well as investing in printing spellbooks. We dabble in a few businesses now, like investing in Rarity’s Carousel Boutique

Silver Song: That’s working out SUPER well for us right now

Have I asked enough questions to get booted out the door?

Whisper Blue : You are entertaining. We can allow you to stay a while longer. But you will eventually have no memory of this at all …

8 hours ago, Stardust Live said:

Silver Song: The hot weather is playing havoc for my throat, though ... Sinus' are so dry ...

oof! I hope you get a nose spray for that. Don't want you getting nose bleeds- those are a pain in the butt. I would know- I get them too often.