Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Ever thought about joining the military?

Muffinnz

(edited)

Probably not, but if every other option ends up not getting me as far as I want then i would probably be a air force pilate so when I retire from that i can be a commercial pilate or join the CIA. The military benefits would be really nice too.

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I dont think I could handle being part of the military, 

plus my country's military is the queen of England's personal military technically

If I was a military type of person I'd probably look at a milita wanting complete Irish Unification

Edited by Sherbie-kun ⚡⚡
  • Brohoof 1

No, I haven't ever wanted to. But, my mother did when she was my age, also I have a coworker I'm good friends with who is also joining the military. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've actually gotten mail from the military begging me to join because I apparently did very well on my ASVAB test that I took just because I felt like taking it.

But would I ever join our military? You know what? Screw censoring it. F_U_C_K  N_O.

Not only is the training going to f***ing kill me, but I do not want to be part of an organization that terrorizes innocent civilians because 'Murica... At least there's no conscription, or I'd probably have to go on the f***ing run. I'm not serving a war machine headed by people who want to see the world burn for the sake of that all important moolah. I'm not aligning myself with an organization that takes money away from where it really matters and puts it towards... killing thousands of innocent civilians in other parts of the word, Middle East in particular. Also I know how being in the military affects people as my brother was briefly in the Army before getting a medical discharge because of his back and my sister was also in the Marines, and it's not good what it did to either of them...

Edited by Dustlicious ( > ω < )
  • Brohoof 2

Both of my parents(air force) were in the military, that's how they met and my brother(navy) was too.  I do admit that I have personally thought of enlisting but this was around the time where a lot of people were talking about sexual assault in the military and being AFAB, I figured it would be best to not go.  A few years after deciding against it, I saw how the military changed my brother and I figured that not joining the military like I wanted to back in high school really was the best option for me.  My family has a lot of military folks in it, on both sides of my family so I also figured that my family has had enough people in the armed forces.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

No as I've never been keen on getting myself killed, Britain's always fighting with someone so there would always be a high likelyhood of going to war.

I have absolute respect for those who do serve in the military though as they put themselves on the line and are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to keep the country safe.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

Soon I will have to join the mandatory service.

Now, if I have a career it will only be one year but if I don't then it's three.

Aside from that I have an option, to learn to drive and spend the whole time driving instead of training shooting and everything.

I have a debate with myself, should I take the easy way and spend it driving or should I spend it with my face full of mud?

The outcome is what I will learn plus the strength I will aquire and the stories I will tell later against the easy way of it all. I can't decide just yet.

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

Ha ha eventhough The British military is understaffed lol, I doubt anyone wants to join it lmao.

I would never join the military. 

my cousin actually is in the navy, I dont agree with the military here personally, however I am proud how he's able to handle it (he's been part of the navy since he was 18 I think, and he's 21 now, constantly being delayed on going into the main part, so he's technically a reserve)

• Brohoof 1

I did consider joining after high school. I took part in the AFJROTC program all four years and it inspired me to look into it as a career. However, I decided not to due to health reasons. 

• Brohoof 1

I once thought about it just because I once wanted to become a pilot and the Air Force is a path to pilot training. I then realized just how selective that is for officers and realized I'd be in over my head.

In hindsight, I don't want to be sent off to help create more carnage in the Middle East even in a non-combat job. I'm too much of a pacifist.

I can't say I wouldn't rule out enlisting if my life were to suddenly fall apart, tho. While on active duty, the armed forces make sure you have access to everything you need to survive. It'd be a tempting offer. I would just need to get in shape.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nope. I respect the people who decide to join the military (especially the ones who don't do it just for the benefits), but I don't really feel like I'd be able to contribute too much to anything. It doesn't seem like the military does too much when we're not at war. Another big part of the reason is all the restrictions and and rules and such. It's just not for me.

However, I have considered joining a militia, and it's still something I want to do once I'm living on my own. I don't mind dying to protect someone, so if a country invaded or another revolution started, I wouldn't hesitate to join the fight.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

I have thought about joining the medic/or nurse military branch. I don’t want to take lives but save lives instead. My two cousins did and that got me interested. I even got a chance to train with few who are Military medics during my medical summer program. To understand and experience the basics. They do have good benefits too as in paying everything for you. It just the same as going to regular med/nurse school except you will be serving. And it has more spectrums when it comes to experiences by traveling while helping patients than staying in a hospital. I’d like to expend my services and experiences outside of the hospital whatever that might be. Unfortunately, I don’t think my mom will approve so I let it aside. 

23 hours ago, TBD 🚬 said:

I have thought about joining the medic/or nurse military branch. I don’t want to take lives but save lives instead. My two cousins did and that got me interested. I even got a chance to train with few who are Military medics during my medical summer program. To understand and experience the basics. They do have good benefits too as in paying everything for you. It just the same as going to regular med/nurse school except you will be serving. And it has more spectrums when it comes to experiences by traveling while helping patients than staying in a hospital. I’d like to expend my services and experiences outside of the hospital whatever that might be. Unfortunately, I don’t think my mom will approve so I let it aside. 

Do us a favor and join them. Then go away far away from us suuuugar :orly:

4 hours ago, Le Trotteur Sauvage said:

Do us a favor and join them. Then go away far away from us suuuugar :orly:

Well okay so I could get deport over to France (maybe) to see you? Is that what you want mmm Trotty :ithastolookpretty:?  You can’t get rid of me that easily :toldya:

Lot of misconceptions about the military here. But to answer the main question. Did I think of joining? Yup. And the Marines would not take me due to not wanting to give me a wavier for a surgery for my leg cause they met quota by the time my leg was healed after I got the pin out that THEY told me had to go before I could join. Well I was so mad I enlisted in the Navy the same day I got told no by the Marines. 
Spent six years in. Five I was stationed in Japan. Did massive amounts of humanitarian work after various disasters in the Philippines and various other places that got hit with earthquakes and tsunamis while I was in. 

• Brohoof 1

Briefly, when I had no idea what else to do and with the intention to basically be an athlete only, as in employed to be mainly a fencer and very few other duties. Of course, I'm nowhere near good enough to do something like that, and the Department of Defense sports funding was pulled very shortly afterwards, so nothing ever really came of it.

It may have been suggested to me at one point but I was confused. Why would I want to do it? give me one good reason. There's literally nothing I can think of that would ever convince me to do something like that.