Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Toys confirmed Poisonous

Splashee

Farliga giftämnen hittades i leksakshästar

Kemikalieinspektionen har hittat höga halter av giftämnet ftalater i leksakshästar från den populära serien My Little Pony. Det rapporterar nyhetsbyrån Siren.

Det mjukgörande ämnet är förbjudet över 0,1 procent för leksaker inom EU. För de inspekterade plasthästarna utgjorde giftämnet nästan 14 procent.

Företaget avkrävs nu redovisning av sin hantering

This is taken from a Swedish newspaper right now. Here is a translation:

Dangerous toxins were found in toy horses

The Swedish Chemicals Agency has found high levels of the poison phthalates in toy horses from the popular series My Little Pony. That's what the Siren news agency reports.
The plasticizer is prohibited to be over 0.1 percent in toys (within the EU). For the inspected plastic horses, the toxin accounted for almost 14 percent.

The company is now required to report on its management

As a collector, I will be careful not to eat the toys. What about the children?

• Brohoof 9

I’ve never had a taste for horse toys but I’ll remember this in case I have a hankerin to try it. :mlp_icwudt:

Also, @Splashee I have moved your thread to our Merchandise section of Sugarcube Corner. 

• Brohoof 3

Hmm EqE4vfd.png

I'll be sure to add ponies to my neighbors' drinks. That will teach them the magic of friendship Z97yrAB.png

*cough* *cough* I mean, oof, it's not like I was planning to eat these. :mlp_icwudt:

On 6/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, Bolt Number 42 said:

What country were the toys mde in?

That's the problem. I searched for the source, trying to figure out where and which toys exactly. I couldn't find any. Most people seemed to think it was the G4 toys from the comments.

This kind of news try to scare parents to not buy any merchandise from a company that breaks the rules. But leaving out details to make it a more juicy story.